Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Philips SHS3200BK/37 Flexible Earhook Headphones, Black
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Black|Change

on June 21, 2010
I owned a pair of these for about 4 yrs and used them on a daily basis; really put them through the ringer and finally they started to break. I am now buying my second pair. They fit well, and because I had the black colored ones they were invisible with my brown hair - which is helpful when trying to ignore people who are talking to you and you don't really care about what they are saying. The sound quality was good. Even when I was working out and sweating they felt like they were not even there.
1111 comments|273 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2010
I bought these because I like the over the ear hook design and the price is very reasonable. They sound good but can get a little uncomfortable. The speaker part that you put in your ear doesn't have any padding and the hard plastic gets a little irritating. They do stay put if you take a moment to put them on as indicated on the packaging; speaker in ear first and then wrap the hook around. If you try to put it on any other way it falls off if you move around.
33 comments|196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2011
Just bought these yesterday at Walmart for $10 as my current headphones were cutting out at the right ear. The previous ones were big, the bass was better, but it was so quiet. These on the other hand, deliver really loud sounds - which is what I been looking for.
I'm not a great reviewer but here's what you can expect.

Comfort - these things do hurt after a little while, which is expected. They do not fall out even if you are shaking your head violently (of course, who would do such a thing...) and they stay snug no matter what. Only downfall is the fact you have take them off to relieve pain.

Sound - I've never seen such earphones get so loud. My laptop needs only 1 volume bar and even then, its loud yet perfect to listen to music with. I'm a fan of loud music, so bare with. On my PC, however, they soften up and it requires me to put them a little higher up in volume. One thing: do not expect much bass. The bass is lower than my previous headphone, but it was designed for bass boost anyways. This is a perfect, temporary replacement until I get my gamecom 367 headset (I have desktop mic which I use for online gaming and headphones to listen).

Misc - I'm a pretty tall person, or average height (6'3''), the cord seems a little too short but maybe just enough for me to work out with. However, I feel as if I may yank the cord if I start jogging again. This is just speculation based on what I noticed from yesterday and today.

All in all - good for the price.
Do not expect superior bass quality.
Do expect loud but great sound quality.
Cord may be too short for some people.
11 comment|146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2006
Like other reviewers, I've tried a couple of dozen different head/ear phones, some very pricey. None are as comfortable or sound better than these. They are highly efficient, extending battery life of your player. Most importantly, they stay postioned even during rigorous activity. Ok, they're not the prettiest. They still get all my stars.
55 comments|158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2006
I've tried several headphones, different brands, different models, but from all those these ones are the best, I wish I would have found them before I bought so many others... Get them, you won't be dissapointed...
33 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2007
i have owned these headphones for about four months. i use them during my workouts and studying in noisy areas (starbucks, subway, etc.). the sound quality is fine not the best; but, for 10 bucks really good. the headphones do stay in my ears while running on the treadmill and doing the precor machines at they gym. the earphones unfortunately are aesthetically unpleasing--on a medium head (male, 5'10", 160lbs). they look too gigantic and just weird. i plan to purchase another pair just for this reason. but, if you have a larger sized head then these will work wonders.
on November 4, 2007
I have also tried several different headphones, and none of them would stay in my ears while running. They also didn't have the best sound (probably because they were falling out all the time). These headphones stay in while I run (even when the cord gets accidentally yanked), they are super comfortable, and the sound is really excellent for such a cheap pair of headphones. I'm hearing things that I didn't hear with my other headphones. The earpiece is really soft and flexible, so it isn't uncomfortable. The earbuds are shaped to stay in and don't have the foam on them. Everyone's ears are different, but these work best for my husband as well, so I'm getting him some.
on June 23, 2006
Sounds silly, but if you want the absolute best, loudest, most comfy earphones, these cheap Philips units are it! I've tried everything from A to Z and nothing is better, most are much worse!
on February 10, 2015
It did not last very long when it started to fall apart.... 😣😤
review image
on June 7, 2011
After my expensive nike earhooks broke after a couple months I bought two different models of sonys, neither stayed in place during strenuous workouts. I tried these inexpesive phillips. Big thumbs up! I have run nearly everyday in the same pair for the past two years. They stay in place comfortably and the sound quality is equal or better then the sonys. My experience has been great with these and they've lasted longer then I could have hoped. When they do break, I'll order them again without hesitation.