Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 2, 2011
The sound quality is GREAT, but I had the SK 50/50s and got these assuming they would be much better because of the frequency range, they do sound some what better but the 50/50 also has nice flat rubberized cable, these have the traditional cable.
It's also worth mentioning that if your buying these to go with non-apple products (HTC in my case) the inline buttons don't work except for the center button which acts like a traditional single button headset Answer/Hang Up/Pause/Pause (no Volume, FF, Rew)

Sound Quality Great! Calls and Music.
Features ok, great if you are using ios products.
on August 13, 2011
Well im am a big skullcandy fan and have had many of their headphones (titans, FMJ, roits, ASYM, G.I.) and i gotta say when i got the heavy metals i was really excited because i thought they would be really loud and have tons of bass. They have 13.5 mm drivers and thats huge for and ear bud and they are "Ported" for aggressive bass. Well i got them and they came with a pretty cool metal case and of course the first thing i did was plug them in and go. Well yeah theres some bass but mostly the are just really clear. They dont get very loud but when you turn your music all the way up i cant hear any distortion so that is nice but man i was really expecting so bumpin bass out of these. They also have that stupid rubber cord that has all these kinks in it and always stays wound up. And lastly it has the mic 3 so. so 1 for the case 1 for clarity 1 for them being metal (Durability) but -1 for not enough bass and -1 for the rubber cord. 3 out of 5. Titans are still the best ear bud for bass and cheap price and FMJ's for bass and durability. I dont recomend these unless you just like explore new options.
44 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2014
Sounds good. I love the foam ear buds. They're very comfortable. I've worn them for 8 hours straight without any discomfort. They are made to work with iPhones, so if you have an Android (like me) the mic won't work... but I personally don't use that anyway. The foam earbuds are one set that you get and are made of a dense, moldable foam. They haven't fallen out of my ears at all and stay put.
on April 23, 2012
I've owned and destroyed several Skullcandy headphones over the past few years. I'm a carpenter and use them daily with my iPhone. I had a pair of FMJ's (Full Metal Jackets) and they worked great until they snagged on a piece of wood and were dismembered like several pairs before them. So after some research, I thought I would upgrade and get something with a larger driver. In a word, these earbuds suck. The rubber/foam ear pieces aren't large enough to seal in my ear so the bass is lacking. Maybe I have gigantic ear canals, who knows. I returned them within an hour of listening to them. I tried to fit them properly but I'm ordering a new set of full metal jackets now.The cord is also the super grippy rubber that tangles easily. I prefer the cloth cord of the FMJ's.

UPDATE: Now that I have a brand new pair of FMJ's I realize that Skullcandy has changed the sizes of the rubber gels that fit over the earbuds. The largest size appears to be the old medium. I cannot get a decent seal on these either so I'm using the old gels from my previous set. I submitted a picture to show the size difference. I contacted SK and they directed me to their spare parts email. Takes 4-6 weeks to get spares. I requested their largest size. We'll see what I get-

BTW- The Heavy Medals are super bassy with the large gels. I waited to return them until I received my new FMJ's to make sure. I never thought I would say this but it was too much bass. I wore them for a few songs and could feel a headache coming on. I sent them back
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2012
1st: 5hz DANG!!!

2nd: I use a lot of Skullcandy products along with others I personally like Audio-Technica and there M50 headphones and Denons
However Skullcandy is not bad at all, unlike most headphone companies that focus on looks over sound (Monster), these are pretty good

These are really good Exspecally for Skullcandy there are some negitive reviews on this but take this from a person whos prize headphons are more then $800
these are the best ear buds iv ever used, even compared to the top line Bose and Sennheiser ear buds

My only Con is they seem a little muddy, not something a simple EQ cant fix, but still a concern

However, Skullcandy really out did them selves, these go right in class with there Aviators and Mix Masters.
on January 17, 2012
I did alot of research on earbuds before I decided to go with these. I have owned the $100 bose head phones before and ended up breaking them accidentally. Since then, I was searching for something that compared to them. I also needed earbuds for use at the gym. After much debate between which skull candy buds to get, I decided on these. Honestly, these are just as good as the $100 bose I use to have. The bass is great as are the mids highs and lows. Not much of a fan of the silicone tips they came with, but they do come with some comply foam tips. The comply tips work great as they are made of foam similar to ear plugs, the form to your ear just right. They have no problem staying in while at the gym either (that is with cardio and lots of sweat!)

I recommend that you get these if you were on the fence at all. I thought about the fix in ear buds or the FMJ, but these are well worth the $$$
on January 1, 2013
I have owned shure in ear monitors, sennheiser, and bose and these are by far the best sounding ear buds. Clear highs with plenty of headroom and the bass is extremely punchy and clear. Very impressed by them and the skullcandy brand for the lifetime warranty they come with!
on May 24, 2016
I have had these headphones for about 2.5 years now and they are the best headphones I have ever owned. There has been 2 times where I thought one of the headphones blew out, but the next time I use them it sounded back to normal. Speaking of "normal" is really good because they sound great and the best bass I have heard from a in ear bud. Also they are very durable. They have been through the wash a few times and work fine, and I've had the cable yanked on pretty hard from walking past chairs and what not, and still they still sound amazing. The only reason I'm here is because using them before writing this I noticed the volume controls have stopped working, despite this I can still pause, skip, and go back. Anyways I'm being preemptive for when and if my current pair finally give out, and personally am shocked that they have been discontinued. If you wan't a great sounding pair of headphones that will last years if you take care of them. AND FOR THE NAME OF GOD DON'T WRAP THE CORD AROUND YOUR PHONE WITH THE JACK PLUGGED IN AND YOUR HEADPHONES WILL LAST LONGER THAN A WEEK!!!
on May 31, 2013
If this review was based solely on build quality, then these would score 5 stars. The sound quality, however, just isnt there. By comparisson, these sound similar to the smokin' buds. Almost no treble with slightly higher bass.
on April 16, 2014
It came quick, They sound great and I'm a happy customer. The foam ear tips seriously help with comfort and sound. I even tried to see how well they stayed in. Didn't expect much due to their size, but they fit better than any other earbud I've ever tried! I violently shook my head to where I could feel my brain bouncing inside my skull, I had a headache and felt dizzy. They didn't budge at all. There is absolutely zero embellishment regarding my shake test. I was very surprised at the results. I've only tested the foam tips as I've never really liked the rubber ones.

See 1 answered question