Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Subscription Length: 1 year auto-renewal|Change
Price:$11.97+ Free shipping

on March 15, 2012
I got a deal for a one year subscription for this magazine and I'm on my second issue. For the price that I paid, I'm not too disappointed. However, I don't know how happy I'd be if I had paid full price for this.

The magazine is more ads than articles. This would be understandable because advertisement is the lifeblood of print media. The disappointing part is that most of the few articles are also cleverly disguised gear ads rather than advice on techniques using existing gear that you might already have. Usually if they are giving advice about techniques you can apply, they recommend using a new, recently released piece of equipment. For example, there is an article on how to take macro photos. The article basically has blurbs on several different macro lens but doesn't explain any techniques or insights.

Also, with such a huge focus on gear, their 'reviews' are also basically ads. They don't really discuss pros and cons of equipment but discuss the purpose or specification of a lens, tripod, flash equipment, etc.

I can't say it's a total waste. There are a few inspiring photographs and I did learn a few things here and there. However, it would be nice if it had a bit more substance.

This one is worth passing up, unless you really like looking at gear ads.
on January 11, 2013
If you're looking for a really good photography magazine then this ain't it. I've been receiving Digital Photo for about a year and it sometimes has good articles. Other times I scan the magazine, find nothing worthwhile, and trash it. I won't renew.
on January 5, 2013
Decent magazine that has a few tips but most of the magazine is ads. The reviews are pretty good but nothing you couldn't find at [...]
Magazines in general are shrinking as more and more content is available on the Web, and this thin (74 pages in the current issue) is no exception. Half the content consists of what amount to ads- descriptions of new products. Taken from press releases- and the other half is the sort of boilerplate that every photo magazine has been running since the dawn of photography: How to light a scene, using an exposure meter, that sort of thing, Every so often something useful and digital-specific does pop in; the latest issue has an article on reading histograms, and another very short (about 350'words) piece on color balance. The previous issue, on the other hand, had a piece on how mirrorless cameras are good for travel, because they're smaller than DSLRs, and another on how mirrorless cameras aren't really smaller than DSLRs!

I think I paid about $5 for my subscription out of curiously, wondering if perhaps I might find something here that I couldn't just find searching the web. I didn't.
on November 24, 2015
I really enjoyed my first issue. I also ordered "Popular Photography" and that one is geared more towards the professional. This magazine is more for the digital layman type photographer. It had very informative articles that I could put to use right away.
on August 21, 2013
I recently got back into photography through the purchase of my first DSLR. In that I come from the world of film photography, I was very much behind the curve regarding almost everything to do with digital photography and available products. Having now read three issues, I have learned quite a few things, discovered some interesting products that I have purchased, and find myself looking forward to receiving the next issue. If you are into digital photography, you will learn a lot from this magazine and enjoy reading it.
on May 27, 2016
Digital Photo Pro is a nicely done magazine. It does not mesh with my interests, however. The content leans heavily toward emerging photographers portfolios and techniques. Most of what is featured in the magazine is not the type of photography I do or choose to do. That having been said, if you are looking for the most current movements in different photography styles then you might find this magazine very informative.
on December 13, 2012
I got this subscription for my daughter who'd just made her first big splurge on a Canon T4i. My hopes were it would have some nice articles (and photos) and plenty of good tips to help her 'find her photo style'. Instead it's loaded with equipment ads and articles. I'd have no problem if equipment was balanced with artistic and technical substance -- 'how-to's', if you will -- or if there were a few artistic methods with accompanying photos thrown in.

I give 2 stars because for the price, I don't feel like I've totally thrown money away (though I do feel bad for the trees who gave their lives...).
on May 4, 2014
Digital Photo has keeped me up on the latest gear and a lot of tech.issues that I would never known about.I am just starting out on my photo career and your articles have given me a lot of insight to many way of improving my photo,s
on June 11, 2013
I like this magazine because it is diverse. I enjoy the tips and tutorials. there are too many ads, tho. this is a good magazine for people to read who are interested in updating their equipment and also keeping up with the latest innovations.