Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on January 8, 2011
I got a free Droid Incredible at the "Buy More" by renewing my two-year Verizon contract. I've never owned a smart phone before, and the first thing I noticed was that the Droid Incredible is a terrific little computer with tons of amazing apps. The second thing I noticed was that I drained the battery in a single afternoon.

Okay. As other reviewers have stated, the standard battery is inadequate. Think of this as a tiny laptop computer, not a cell phone.

I bought the Seidio 3500 mAh battery. Problem solved. Don't drive yourself crazy crippling the Incredible's functions by killing apps and WiFi and sync and GPS. Just get a bigger battery.

I would have preferred a larger screen since I also use it as an e-reader, to watch movies, mp3 player and a terrific free GPS. And be warned, the phone controls are feather touch and the software makes it awkward to add/edit new contacts. I accidentally called people several times just barely brushing the screen until I added the free "Call Confirm" app. As a pure phone, meh.

Otherwise, it is the best thing I never bought!
on February 24, 2011
I have been a Blackberry user for a very long time. I have had the Incredible since January and I have to say I am impressed! I am thrilled I made the switch. Not only is my call quality much clearer, but the sound is louder as well. Having the phone on speaker works great. No muffled sounds. Internet is a great experience and blazing fast.
It is nice to have full web pages and not have to squint to see. My email comes to me just as quickly as it did with Blackberry. The camera is awesome as with video. Love listening to my CD's that I have downloaded and Pandora sounds great too. My only complaint is battery life but I have an extended battery and I have gained an additional 30% usage. I don't recommend using a task manager. It will just eat your battery more.
Android system takes care of the tasking for you. I have never used a task manager. I think if you give it a try NOT using it, you will have better battery use. Having voice navigation free and not having to pay for VZ Navigator is awesome. I use it a lot and it is a great app, very accurate. Coming from BB and having to pay for the navigation really made me happy to no longer have to pay. All in all, I am really pleased and I highly recommend the Droid Incredible. I am not an iphone fan and this device certainly beats it in my opinion.
This device will not let you down. I did upgrade the keyboard and I am loving the touch screen. I can't see myself using a full qwerty. It was an easy transition . Don't hesitate...........get this device.
on February 21, 2011
1. Android + HTC Sense shows 7 home screens per scene (and multiple scenes) that are highly and easily customizable. More information displayed right on the page.
2. Use of Widgets (more information displaced on the page/icon) that are easily customizable. You can put email widget, weather widget, contact widget... on your home screens. You don't need to click on an icon to see what is in there. Information is shown right on the widget. iphone/iOS still gives you a whole bunch of icons.
3. Easy file transfer between phone and other devices (e.g., computer). No more painful itune transfer. By comparison, iphone/iOS is intentionally designed like an information blackhole -- stuff goes in (slowly) and downright difficult to get out.
4. 8 GB internal memory + removable micro SD card support.
5. When plugged into a computer, it shows up as an external drive.
6. Free Google Navigation (with voice guide).
7. Google Street View support!
8. Integration with Google Gmail, calendar, contacts, documents, etc. (if you use them)
9. Removable battery (you can buy more batteries or higher-capacity batteries to extend use time).
10. Live wallpapers (e.g., you can put maps and traffic on the wallpaper)
11. No constant and insufferable and slow itune and ios updates.
12. More...

Well, although iphone/iOS is better as a MP3 and podcast player (but not that much better), you can just get an ipod touch! When your iphone broke, your ipod would still work. :)
on July 4, 2010
This is the best phone by far. I love how its set up. There are so many apps just like the Iphone but better, plus the signal coverage is tremendous. The battery could be better but with the battery saver app it gives me 2 extra hours of battery. The 8 megapixel camera takes amazing photos and lets you upload them straight to your favorite website. The calling feature, in my opinion, could be better but is not bad. Messaging is a blast! the qwerety touch keyboard is easy to use, has word prediction, spell check, and the calabration tool makes it even easier for my giant fingers. If youre thinking about buying it DO IT! you will not regret it!
on June 27, 2010
This is arguable with the best gadget I ever bought. Completely changed my life style.This phone is a mini-computer, camcoder, phone ,music player and offcourse wireless phone packed in a tiny capsule. HTC Sense UI on top of Android is far better than the one comes with latest iPhone4 . The sad part is , poor apple fan boys don't know that yet. Apart from the UI & usability, the feature I like most is speech recognition . This works amazingly accurate and is much faster than typing.
I wish the battery life is bit longer. I have to charge the phone everyday.
on August 11, 2010
I like it better than my iPhone 3GS with one exception, battery life. Buy an extra battery or portable charger because this phone will leave you stranded after three hours of normal use in a strange city or in a business meeting. I run from outlet to outlet. What a pain. I have no idea where HTC came up with their estimates of battery life. For the experiences of actual owners just read the reviews under spare batteries for the Droid Incredible. Other than that it is a fast and powerful Android phone with an awesome display. HTC supports their products well when there is a problem, too.

UPDATE 2011/02/16: Battery performance has markedly improved into the six hour range. I assume due to over-the-air updates to the operating system. Initially I rated it as 3 stars, but I am bumping it up to 4 stars.
on March 20, 2011
I've had this phone for less than a year. Speed is good. Screen is good. However, the phone crashes, maybe about once a month. It also cannot handle uploading videos that are a few minutes in length. I've had trouble with the phone deleting swaths of my address book that were not linked to my google account, as well as text messages being deleted, before the limit was reached. Also, texting on the phone is not as good as an iphone, although the screen sizes are similar, this one definitely gets letters wrong, particularly at the edges of the screen. The volume is also not sensitive, it is very loud, even after lowering the volume to the limit. All in all, an average phone. I would not get a second one.

UPDATE: phone is constantly dropping calls. Turns itself off randomly. Randomly deletes user data. Randomly doesn't let you access the touch screen when in a call, preventing you from hanging up. I wouldn't take another one of these phones if they were giving them away. Stay away from the Droid Incredible.
on May 4, 2010
Phone is awesome. Display is good, calling is good. The battery life is pretty standard for smart phones. Mine lasts the whole day and I use a lot of internet and other applications. Good news is if the battery life isn't what you want you can get a bigger battery from seidio but I haven't decided to do that yet. The thing I like best about the phone is the voice recognition. I spoke a whole email and didn't have type one word, I thought that was pretty awesome. You can use the voice recognition in almost all the areas were you can input text.
on May 9, 2010
Just got my Verizon Incredible last week and it certainly lives up to it's namesake. Coming from a Motorola Razr this is like going from the model "T" to a jet car. Lot's to learn but it does DO lots. I never had an iPhone so I can't compare the two but most who have both clearly prefer the Incredible. The only negative I've found so far is the battery but, of course, what else is new. My 1750mAh should be deliverered tomorrow. End of problem. I'd recommend this phone without reservation. Period. I just love it.
on May 8, 2011
I recently got this phone, and even though there are newer htc phones and verizon doesn't sell it anymore, that's good, because it's cheap on ebay, and definitely NOT obsolete. It has the same specs under the hood as the new ones (which is a lot, you can look at those) and I hate phones with a large screen, I'll settle for a 4 inch, like the dinc 2, but I wouldn't replace it with a thunderbolt or a droid x if I could get them for free. And the aftermarket hacks are practically endless, check out xda developers. All of those roms, especially cyanagon mod 7 practically fix battery life. On heavy usage with Cyanagon mod 7 I have about 50% left. And everything like sound quality and pictures are great. People also say it is a drawback it doesn't have sense 2.0, right now there are like 5 custom roms with sense 2.0 for it. This phone is NOT obsolete as you may think, and it is a great phone, and it becomes a droid super incredible if you do custom roms! It's great.