Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 6, 2011
Ear piece is good and so is the microphone. The outside speaker can play ringtones very loud and clear and vibrate mode works excellent too. If you've been looking for a phone where you can use MP3s for ringtones, this is it! It has been a lot of fun, and I don't have to pay for ringtones anymore.

This phone can do almost anything, and it can do it really fast. It is one of the fastest, if not THE fastest phone out there. This is due to its snapdragon processor. HTC Sense rocks IMHO, and I am very impressed with the camera. It takes excellent pictures, but the flash can wash out the picture if you are too close. Battery life has been fine for me. Be sure to get an appkiller application from the market, and use it. It helps with battery life! I also turn off 3G, WiFi, and/or bluetooth from time to time and that helps too. Yes it has an onscreen keyboard, but it is a good onscreen keyboard with tactile feedback. I got used to it pretty quickly.

It has a glass screen and I have had it for a few months and not put any scratches on it whatsoever. I bought the verizon hard silicone "glossy" case. It is the best one I've seen and I am thrilled with it.
on November 3, 2013
Although I'm about to replace this phone, I wanted to let everyone know how much I enjoyed this phone -- for over three years!!! That's right, this thing has been trouble free since Sept 26, 2010. What a work horse. Surfing the internet, email, calendar, contacts, navigation, speech. And I can't count the number of times I've been somewhere where someone needed a hot spot and I'd fire up my trusty hot spot app. Just a great experience. Alas, after all this time, I'm moving on. Rumor has it Verizon will make the Nokia 929 available at the end of this month. My primary objective -- I take a lot of pictures with my phone and I want a great camera phone. And from what I can tell, the new Nokias are setting the standard. Wish me luck.
on November 25, 2010
I'm a Financial Planner and I'm out of the office frequently. I needed a device that would be able to access all my cloud-based applications (hosted exchange, some other web-based items) seamlessly. This phone does that easily.

I like the Verizon network, and was going to wait for the iPhone to come to Verizon. I can honestly say the Incredible has met or exceeded every expectation I've had for the phone. I've used other peoples' iPhones as well, and this phone is every bit as good. If you're holding off on buying this phone because you're waiting for the iPhone, don't waste your time. Get this phone.

Pros:
Beautiful screen. PLENTY of apps in the Android Marketplace. Plays Flash videos (iPhone doesn't). Good speaker phone. Fits well in the hand, good dimensions. Good camera. Lightning fast (faster than my laptop, but that's 6 years old). Overall, a very good device.

Cons:
Battery life could be better, but it's not killing me. I can use it all day, but need to charge it EVERY night without exception.

Good device. Should have bought it sooner.
VINE VOICEon November 29, 2010
The title about says it all. Battery consumption is crazy, (especially if you work like I do in a high interference area where phones are often looking for signal)but that is largely because there is so much to do with this cool phone that it is hard to leave it on stand by waiting for of all things a phone call.

There are tons of free applications to keep you busy, as well as 3G connection to get internet and fairly large screen to see the net on. You can use any song in your library as a ringer and there are free apps to help you edit those ringers. It took me a few days to figure out how to use all the features of the phone, but you may be smarter than me and not have the issues. My only gripe other than the battery life (which I fixed by buying an after market extended life battery) is the virtual key board is hard to work with my old hands, but younger folks will probably be perfectly happy with at least the horizontal keyboard which is pretty big.

By the way the camera is amazing!
66 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2010
I was torn between the Incredible, a new Blackberry Tour or Bold, and the iPhone 4g. After lots of research I landed on the Incredible and am very happy I did. I had the Eris prior to this and while it did show potential, it was slow and couldn't seem to handle all the music I loaded onto it. The Incredible handles everything I throw at it extremely well - it's ridiculously fast and smooth. The Market is constantly growing and I personally like it's future much more than Apple's app store. There are a ton of great apps that are completely free. Within a day of getting it I'm already using my Incredible as a GPS, iPod, phone, great camera, calendar device, game console, golf course yardage tool, and more. I paid nearly full retail but believe this phone is worth it. I was also able to cancel my $60/month backup internet service and tether with this phone instead! Just a great device - no problems to report yet (although like I said, haven't used it long).
on March 8, 2011
Short summary:
Elementary battery for a graduate phone, but that won't stop me.

Long long review:
Let me start off by saying I like my phone. It's my second favorite of all time besides my Motorola Music Q from a few years back. I wanted to keep the phone for a week so I wouldn't be too young when I spoke about the battery. I read a lot of reviews and it was scary waiting on my phone to see how it would make it through the day.

For those of you torn between getting this phone and getting something with better battery life, good luck. Many Droid phones suffer from this complex. However, my HTC isn't bad. Longest charge held over the first week, 24 hours with medium usage, shortest 17 with heavy usage.

I'm not a "texter" or talker. I get phones strictly based on Internet capability. So, when I say heavy usage, I mean playing Angry Birds, NinJump, browsing the Internet, downloading apps, and reading random facts/Yo Momma Jokes with my fiance. Yes, we did all that for around 5 hours.

The phone is fun. I don't really use it while at work so my phone idles from 11pm - 9am, and 1pm until 5:30pm for long periods of time. I get to work, browse the Internet, check emails, briefly look at Facebook, and visit my class website (watch a few Youtube links from the website). I do that between 9am and 9:30am & 11:30am - 1pm off and on. Then, for another 30 minutes to an hour I use some of the funnier apps to waste time until I'm off. At home, I rarely use my phone. My fiance may play NinJump or Ninja Rush.

At work, I charge my phone for however long it takes to charge (1 or 2 hours) while its off. Yes, I turn my phone off to charge. I know, it's blasphemy for most of you, but no electronic will continue working at its maximum ability if you leave it on 24/7. I heard about the bad battery and this is my solution. It works for me.

If you text constantly, talk regularly, and use the Internet (very heavy user), expect 12 - 15 hours on the phone or less (not more). It will not make it through the day... period.

Solutions? Everyone talks about external batteries, no. Those have horrid reviews also and estimated to give you a full days charge. They bulk up your phone so much that Outterbox and other protectors can't fit over them. (The phone is really small already so it won't get too big, but most don't like it). Invest in an extra battery so you'll never have to worry about charging the phone. Charge the batteries externally. Problem solved. It won't matter what your usage is, the phone won't burn out before an external battery is charged. I may get one in a few moons, but I really don't need it and I want my phone to be off occasionally.

That was the battery review, long, I know. How's about the freakin' phone? Perfect for a big kid like myself. I've got my iTunes inventory, apps for nothing other than making people laugh, and the Internet (which slightly sucks because I'm in Oakland Hills with little to no service during work, but it's great in El Cerrito).
on October 4, 2010
Of course the battery isn't going too last that long in a smart phone. Other than that... LOVE IT! You have the world in the palm of your hands!
on August 5, 2010
Amazon stated they would deliver this phone faster than I could get it thru Verizon store.
They did, and got it in time for vacation. This is my first smart phone and it was so easy to learn how to use it. Recommend this phone to everyone!! My kids were impressed when they saw the apps and what it can do. For once I have out done my kids. Used the Google map feature on vacation (a lot). My husband got where he would not even look at his map. He would just ask 'where am I? and where do I need to go?' when he got lost. The internet access, facebook, weather...what can I say...I love it all!!! Would not take a trip without it now. Would recommend new HTC smart phone users to go on the internet and watch the videos on the phone. That is the best way to learn what apps you want to use. Would only load the apps that you really need.
on February 20, 2011
I bought my Droid Incredible about a month ago and now I find that without it I go through withdrawals. I thought I lost mine and went out to purchase another within hours, only to have an administrator find my original. Verizon allowed me to return the one I had just purchased minus a restocking fee ($35).

Now I use google navigation for my gps, I bought Klipsch earphones to listen to music and watch videos before I teach class to get more familiar with techniques. I teach Krav Maga and new techniques keep coming in from the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces). Yes sir, I am trapped by the comprehensive environment which the Droid puts you in. The first time I plugged it into my computer, it synced my contact list and does so periodically. My main accounts are gmail and yahoo.

The touch technology is incredible and I have "phone envy" to none, my HTC Incredible is just that, Incredible. Blackberry users drool and iPhone users wish they had the capabilities I have (multitasking). So for less money than an iPhone I got a more powerful and functional phone.

The Droid 2.2 OS so completely opens me into an unrestricted world of media and streaming. As far as media sales go, it's Amazon (non proprietary) v. Apple store and the little apple world, one full of worms. Wake up, this is an open source world, even MSFT participates with media.
on January 8, 2011
I got a free Droid Incredible at the "Buy More" by renewing my two-year Verizon contract. I've never owned a smart phone before, and the first thing I noticed was that the Droid Incredible is a terrific little computer with tons of amazing apps. The second thing I noticed was that I drained the battery in a single afternoon.

Okay. As other reviewers have stated, the standard battery is inadequate. Think of this as a tiny laptop computer, not a cell phone.

I bought the Seidio 3500 mAh battery. Problem solved. Don't drive yourself crazy crippling the Incredible's functions by killing apps and WiFi and sync and GPS. Just get a bigger battery.

I would have preferred a larger screen since I also use it as an e-reader, to watch movies, mp3 player and a terrific free GPS. And be warned, the phone controls are feather touch and the software makes it awkward to add/edit new contacts. I accidentally called people several times just barely brushing the screen until I added the free "Call Confirm" app. As a pure phone, meh.

Otherwise, it is the best thing I never bought!