on March 31, 2012
Pros:
Backlit keyboard
Finger print reader
Matte Screen(no reflection)
nice quiet chiclet keyboard
touch pad has 2-finger commands
Good webcam
Bluetooth 3.0, works well with my smartphone, allows me to play my music through my laptop's speakers
Speakers are good for a low cost laptop
Nice anodized aluminum external body
Display is bright
Light weight at 5.0 Pounds, even though it feels lighter
Long lasting 6 cell battery, I'm able to average 5-6 hours on a full charge
None to some bloatware depending on what you consider bloatware is
2 usb 3.0 ports
HDMI

Cons:
Right side of the display panel was slightly lower than the left, causing it too rub against the lower chassis, that problem may just be my laptop
The laptop's external body is plastic and metal(for this price, this is good, most laptops have full plastic external bodies for $500 and do not come with a backlit keyboard)
This computer is a finger print magnet, so get a microfiber cloth, keyboard cleaner, or the keyboard cover sold here at amazon.

Summary:
For $562 dollars(shipping and tax already included), You get much more than what other companies are offering. I bought mine from Dell.com. There they have the best deal and have the ability to customize it. I have the basic which is i3, 320GB HDD (5400 RPM), 4GB RAM, and a backlit keyboard. Me being a student, the i3 has enough power to get the job done for web browsing, listening to music and word processing. This is good price compared to how much other companies are charging for. Overall good laptop, great value.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 14, 2011
This laptop is so poorly constructed and designed that you would be better off with a Leap Frog for Kids or Fisher Price make-believe computer. From the lousy keyboard that squeaks like a dying mouse right out of the box to speakers that are quite possibly the worst speakers ever used in a computer the Dell Vostro is a purchase you will regret almost instantly. If not instantly then in a month when the wireless adapter fails or you realize that a good charge of static electricity would last longer than the battery.

Sadly my company, despite my protestations, purchased two of these. Now both employees have opted to replace them, at their own expense, with HP's. I have no idea how I can overstate this: If you purchase this machine you will be sorry. It's awful.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 28, 2010
From consumer perspective, modern day laptops need to be sleek in design, should have a wide screen display (with TrueLife monitor), atleast 2-4GB RAM to support the ever updating windows OS, huge huge space to storing music and movies and the advances graphics to go with wirless connectivity and HDMI to spice it up - If you are looking for all these, then you can take this laptop - but do give a shot at othe features also. When compared with HP and Lenovo, The Vostro series is not dashing in looks - it always sports a sturdy design - The huge problem is the fan noise which starts buzzing as soon as the system boots - It is really annoying to hear the noise if you use this laptop for business perspective - The speaker volume is not as good as the earlier Vostro versions and lacks that punch in the quality also. If you order for 250GB, then you would get only 175-190GB as the remaining would be reserved for receovery and cannot be used. Incase you need to go for flashy looks with colored versions, then you need to have $40 more in your pocket.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...