Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nanuk 945 Empty Hard Case (Black)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Style: Empty|Color: Black|Change

on May 19, 2012
Yep, I think the case is OK, Not as good side walls as a pelican, but the latches are somewhat better.
The cubed foam is junk, it's poorly cubed, if you can even call it cubed, more like pierced in a random pattern. It's almost impossible to cut into the shape that I need, even with a razor blade.
I did save a few bucks over the pelican, but it was not worth it.
This case just feels cheep, and I don't really want to carry anything real important, but it may be good to store stuff.
Also, I made the mistake of reading all the "I love it Reviews"
Next time I will stick with the "It's OK" reviews as they tend to be more honest.
on July 7, 2010
I purchased this Nanuk 945 case with padded dividers recently and was definitely impressed!
Being a professional photographer for over 10 years I own many other cases like Pelican, Lightware, Domke, etc...
The beauty of this case is the excellent build quality and the locking latches. While traveling, finding my pelican case open and exposed at the baggage claim because the latches popped open during flight was not a good thing.
The latches have a safety lock that needs to be pressed before opening the latch which solves the latch failure problem.
With the padded dividers I can fit my whole arsenal of medium format and dslr equipment in one case.

DH
on June 21, 2011
I had recently purchased an alienware m17x r3 laptop and needed a case large enough to fit my laptop, power brick, mouse + pad with enough room to spare for cushioning to protect my investment. After searching many hours I'd almost settled on a pelican case when I found this one. The tear away foam interior gave me the ability to customize the case for each of my parts so I could make it into exactly what I needed it to be. The latches are a positive lock and will not come undone unless you depress the release latches to open them. I also like the ability to lock it which I do. What I don't like is that there are only two holes on the top of the case for either locks or the shoulder straps but not both so I have to remove the lock(s) before I can attach the shoulder straps. I wish it had provisions for the shoulder straps while keeping the locks in place. If you've got a large laptop and need something that will carry all of your hardware in a protective shell then consider this unit.
on November 19, 2014
I like this case a lot, but the cubed foam is just absolutely horrible. I have experience cutting regular (non-cubed) foam inserts for a variety of weird shapes (using an electric turkey knife works the best) but cutting this poorly-separated cubed crap was a frustrating exercise and my project did not come out NEARLY as nice as it would have been had I gotten regular foam for this case. GET THE REGULAR FOAM!

Also, Nanuk's claim of "all stainless steel hardware" really seems like empty posturing because, other than the 2 small metal rods on the hinge, there doesn't appear to be a single piece of stainless steel hardware on this case. The latches are 100% synthetic resin, though they seem to latch securely with their special release mechanism. Overall I'm pleased with this case for my application...
on October 10, 2014
I purchased one of these back in 2011 when a well-known airline trashed one of my Underwater Kinetics (UK) cases. The airline was very generous, though, and gave me a voucher to replace it with the closest product, since UK no longer makes the model I had. The NANUK 945 was the closest match I could find in both size, construction, weight, and price. The latches have been fantastic for three years of international travel and extended stays overseas in hot, humid climates.

I recently purchased a second one. That should tell prospectivebuyers all they need to know about how sturdy and long-lasting these cases are. My first one survived three years of getting thrown around by baggage handlers and being left atop baggage carts in the blazing sun.

Excellent product.
on December 23, 2012
This item was purchased to fit my Alienware M17x R3 and protect it from the love, or lack of, from aircraft baggage handlers and the harsh environments I fequent in interesting airframes around the world. Well my Alienware certainly fits and then some! So I also have my Sony MDR-1RBT headphones, Alienware mouse, all cables and surgprotector all snugly held in place with the customisable foam, which works a treat once you work it out. Also can slip my iPad in and its cables! Total weight is 11.6 kg fully loaded and the catches on the latches are a nice touch in order to stop accidental opening of the latches. There is also the automatic air pressure relief valve. An excellent buy for the price and looks good to!
on December 14, 2013
I am very impressed with this case. Well constructed. I especially like the lid stay feature that keeps the lid up at about 90° without adding a lid strap. SKB does not have this on any of their cases I have used. I have used SKB cases for other purposes and Nanuk seems to be just as good, but less expensive. I am going to use it to add a top case to my motorcycle.
on November 5, 2013
So solid and so customizable. I have two of these cases and I trust them more than I trust most of my friends. Your gear is definitely safe fitting snugly in the foam of this case. As soon as you pick one of these up, you know you are dealing with a quality product.
on February 5, 2014
Well I bought some equipment fothe office and want it to protect it, this was the first choice for price and product specifications, it looks great and I already drop it and the feeling I had was of chill out :D my stuff was intact and working perfectly, I abolutly recomend it and you should buy the strap if you plan to carry it around ( I did it ) otherwise it will be a litty bulky
on December 23, 2011
I bought the case with the dividers and I'm glad I did. The dividers still offer sufficient padding. Mine is practically full with an EOS 5D Mark II body with grip attached (fits perfectly), and T2i body with grip attached, four L-series lenses including the large 28-300, on-camera strobe, light meter, cleaning supplies, and other misc. accessories.

I feel that I now have a place that keeps everything safe and easy to transport.