Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Logitech HD Webcam C310
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

VINE VOICEon August 2, 2010
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This little webcam has proven to be a very good value for its price. Its focus and light correction are good and its video and quality are quite reasonable. I've used it on several different computers, from a five-year-old XP laptop to a recent Vista desktop platform and have had no problems. The software is simple but the camera adapts readily to other software: I've noticed no problems with Skype and indeed it's very useful on that.

I'm familiar with the Logitech line; I already have a Logitech Pro 9000. Frankly, this C310 webcam gives fairly similar results at a much lesser price.

Highly recommend for those looking for an inexpensive but capable little webcam, especially those starting out.
6868 comments| 1,562 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2011
This video was made using my new Logitech Webcam C310. Excellent picture and sound quality. I am using the webcam's microphone to make calls on skype, and there has been no complaints on the receiving end.
11 comment| 683 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2010
Use this Camera while being in Iraq and the clarity is amazing when talking to family back home ! Had an older Logicam and they said they could barley see me sometimes.... (even thought the net out here in iraq is CRAP) this camera really made a huge differnce !! Thank you amazon !
33 comments| 244 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2011
I've had this camera for about 12 hours, so although I'm still getting used to it, I've had plenty of time to play with it and look at most of its features. Overall, it's a nice camera for the price. However, it's not for everyone, and like my title says, it definitely has its share of pros and cons.

PROS:
* Excellent image quality
* Great microphone quality
* Software works great with it + nice features
* I find the LED light/position a lot more attractive than most other webcams.

CONS:
x It is not truly "widescreen". The lens is unfortunately more "fisheye" than wide angle. Although you can indeed make the ratio 16:9, your camera will not cover a wide span. Basically expect no other coverage other than your head and behind.
x The cord is quite short (5 ft). This of course depends on the person's circumstance. My tower is quite far from my monitor, and it just barely reaches the USB port. Would it have hurt to make the cord at least 7'? Of course, some people have laptops or monitors with USB ports; so once again, it depends on your circumstances.
x It's a bit bulky. Expect it to stick out about an inch or two infront of your monitor. Not exactly "attractive", but not hideous either.
x I had an AWFUL hard time getting this thing out of it's box. Jeez Logitech, you have this thing packaged like it's Fort Knox. Simply be careful not to break it when trying to get it out.

So although I'm not completely satisfied, I do find the pros exceptional for keeping. With those cons being said, I fully appraise Logitech and recommend no other brand better for a webcam. However, please know that you DO get what you pay for.
1818 comments| 469 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2010
This is a pretty decent offering from Logitech, for a very decent price. The quality increase of webcams over just the past year has been pretty impressive, and this webcam follows that trend nicely. However, it's not perfect, but overall it is a very good choice.

Installation with Windows 7 was quick and flawless, just plugged it in and it was almost instantly usable in any program that supports webcams. Configuring the format of the image and the brightness/contrast/saturation is pretty easy through Logitech's software. The image quality is good, not spectacular. At higher resolutions particularly, the image can be fairly grainy, and you'll see the image break up if it's moved quickly at all, like you'd see in poorly compressed youtube video. But it's a webcam, not an action cam, so if you stick this on top of your monitor, you probably won't run into the breaking image quality.

Speaking of sticking it on top of your monitor, you might have more luck than I. The mount is fairly infuriating, and doesn't work on either of my monitors, but that may be a unique case. The range of movement is far too limited and isn't firm enough to clamp tightly. It -can- freestand on its base, but the base has hardly any weight to it so even bumping the table or the chord makes it shift or fall over, and one of the little rubber feet liberated itself from the base almost immediately upon use. The mounting base is the biggest drawback of using this webcam.

Otherwise, this is a pretty good camera for the money, though my personal favorite is the Microsoft LifeCam Cinema, which has superior image quality overall, and an extremely flexible base that can be mounted onto just about anything, currently for about the same price as this Logitech webcam[...]"}
55 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2010
This camera works perfectly fine in Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4); the reviewer who said it didn't is ignorant. The box does not say it works on a Mac, but the camera is UVC compliant and will work on any operating system that is UVC compatible (Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X, Linux, etc.) -- just plug it in. And yes, the USB microphone is recognized as well.

Photobooth, Skype, Quicktime, and Gmail's Flash-based web chat all function perfectly well. Framerate is nice and smooth at VGA resolution, but stutters quite badly (5-10fps at best) at higher resolutions even with a Quad Core i7 CPU and 4GB of RAM with a moderate amount of lighting in Mac OS X; when I ran the camera in Windows 7, however, I had quite smooth (mid-to-upper 20s, not quite 30 I'd say) framerates at 720P in a moderately lit room.

It's a fixed focus camera and it only features a plastic lens, but the picture is decently sharp.

One important thing to note is that the base of this camera does not allow you to pan it left or right -- only up and down; that could be a deal-breaker for some potential buyers.

The USB cable is rather short, but at least the cable carries both audio and video, rather than some cheaper webcams that require a second 3.5mm cable for the microphone.

There is no physical shutter for the camera, but there is a mildly lit, large, green LED that indicates if the camera is on.

Overall it seems like a very nice webcam for $29.99.
66 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2010
The VidHD is nice but can't be used with Skype, which is what I use.

After installing the software, my computer's performance did suffer (I do have Windows XP so maybe that was it?). The software is useful for taping videos and taking pictures - which the kids and I did.

As for the features of autofocus and motion detection and what-not, I found these features made the video conferencing on Skype freeze up. I used it with my parents on a good connection and it happened and when there was a low signal with my husband overseas it froze like crazy. I uninstalled the software and driver and the webcam worked great on Skype and had a great quality image and clear audio when used connecting to my husband and also with my family in country.

So it depends on what you need this camera for. In order to do plain old Skype with family and friends I would recommend NOT using the software.

I hope this is helpful to others. It is a nice camera and some of the features are useful for those who need them. The quality of the image was worth the purchase.
22 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2011
I'm certain this webcam works at least as well in Windows and Mac, but in the event that another Linux user is shopping for one, I thought I'd give my experiences. There might be some good info for users of other operating systems, as well.

This webcam works perfectly in Linux and has excellent quality for its price, particularly what I paid for a used one. Nonetheless, I'd definitely pay the full price for it.

I've found that the highest resolution it can do on my machine without losing acceptable frame rate is 800x600, and it looks perfect at that resolution. Your mileage may vary, of course, and I don't know enough about webcams to know if you could tweak something better out of it with a better system or something like that.

It's immediately recognized on openSUSE 11.4 with kernel version 2.6.37.6. The picture is crystal clear in both cheese and wxcam. In Skype video calls and Google+ "hangouts", it looks just as good to me as that of others with more expensive webcams. There is no way to adjust the focus manually, but I've not had a need as the auto focus has worked amazingly. Auto exposure also works very well, even in a mostly dark room when illuminated mostly by the screen itself.

I really like the way they made the stand. It works perfectly sitting on a flat surface and just as well at the top of my LCD monitor or latched onto my keyboard. It's very versatile and surprisingly stable.

The built-in mic was immediately recognized along with the cam itself and its volume can be controlled by all of the mixers I've tried (amixer, alsamixer, kamix, kmix, and qamix). It's decent for a built-in mic, but the mic I have connected to my sound card works much better, so I adjust settings in whatever application I'm using to use that, instead.
44 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2014
Purchased one of these so I could video chat with my girlfriend in higher quality. After the purchase, I can say both of us are very happy with the upgrade over a built in webcam - the quality of the picture is very clear for a webcam, especially at this price point.

Historically, I've also had some amazing experiences with Logitech customer services, so if anything happens to your web camera, I'd be surprised if Logitech didn't work to the best of its ability to resolve your problem. Below I've attached a sample photo I've taken with the webcam - judge the quality yourself
review image
on September 28, 2010
The Logitech HD Camara model C310 is one of the first line of HD webcams, coming out in 2010. I purchased this after buying off brand camaras on the cheap on amazon and ebay. This camara is a big jump from those at about $40 instead of $15-$25 cheapies. I opened it today and have used it for a couple hours with my girlfriend 2 timezones away, and despite that connection and her moderate speed (~3mb down, .5 up compared to my 28 down and 3 up) she gets a very clear image, much larger than that from so called 3, 5, and 8MP camaras. She showed me through Skype's 'share screen' function, which still showed a clear and vibrant image. Recording locally (on my laptop) provides very good video as well.

The driver CD has a lot of Logitech extras. The HD vid works as well as Skype, though I think you might have to pay for it beyond a certain amount of use if you don't own a Logitech camara. The typical gimmicky stuff is included as well, that is "personalization" add-ons, ie. fake backgrounds of nature, image mirroring and distortions, etc.

The camara is a lot smaller than I've used. The actual camara portion is just under 3in wide and just over 1in tall, and less than 1in deep. It gets fairly warm in use.

The clip/mount is terrible for laptops. I have it mounted on my LCD monitor fairly comfortably, but note that such a small camara and the non-spring loaded clip are subject to the weight and tug of the USB cord. There's a velcro strap on the cord presumably for organizational convenience. The camara pivots only on a y-axis joint (pitch). There is no movement for yaw or rotation.

Be careful opening out of the box. To detach from the cardboard, scissors are a guaranteed necessity. The box is ridiculously big for the product.

Here's a Gizmodo article discussing Logitech's new HD webcams: [...]

NOTE: Just because a webcam is advertised as HD, doesn't make it so. I believe only Microsoft and Logitech currently (Summer and Fall 2010) offer true HD webcams for consumer use. Regardless, it's much easier to return something to an established group like those 2 than many questionable online merchants that often sell on Amazon.