Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 7, 2015
I loved this washer, until last week, when the bracket holding the tub cracked and it started making thumping sounds during the spin cycle. The machine was purchased Oct 2010 so it is not even 5 years old. Warranty of course has expired and Samsung basically said "stuff happens, these are made by humans". I really don't know what to replace it with. Everything I see recommended by consumer reports still have folks sharing problems with their purchases. Per the serviceman, if the bracket breaks off I can look forward to the tub coming out of the front of the machine. He also said these appliances are designed to last 10 years. Sad commentary on the products we buy.
on May 14, 2016
Like many other owners who have purchased this washer, mine developed problems with the tub shaft bearings. The rear seal allowed water to reach the bearings causing a loud squealing noise to occur during the fast spin cycles. I disassembled the machine myself to determine the cause of failure. The flange that attaches to the rear of the drum was caked with grime and was beginning to show extensive corrosion, It's nearly impossible to knock the bearings out of the rear enclosure, which costs $225. This unit was purchased in September 2010 and provided just a little over 5.5 years of service. Which is insanely short. I will never purchase Samsung laundry products again. I'm certain my newly purchased Whirlpool washer and dryer will provide many more years of service than I got from the Samsung products. Samsung may make great cell phones but their washers and dryers are bad products.
on April 12, 2016
Its a shame that respectful company such as Samsung is doing such a lousy design and on purpose putting a part that will disintegrate over 3-5 years , which means they do not want it to last - they want you to buy a new one after just few years !
See the photos of the corroded flange shaft which is made of aluminum and zinc and does corrodes over time ! It should have been made of stainless steal ! and they know it !
Not to mention that it is a health hazard when all these rotten particles gets into your laundry
Shame on you Samsung !
Yoram Kenig
cell phone 215 317 9448
review image review image review image review image review image
on November 28, 2010
Easy to use. Quiet. Self balances itself. Uses lots less water. Great chimes when loads are done. Many settings you can adjust low to high spin or extra spin, pre wash etc. Does take longer to wash but has a quick cycle if you are in a hurry. I bought also the matching dryer with steam and it is also awesome.
on June 15, 2015
This has been a good machine until this weekend. Bearings went out after less than 5 years. Repair guy wants a min of $800 to fix it. Cleans clothes well but I don't feel like we got our moneys worth out of it. Expectation was 8-10 years…not 4.5