Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 2, 2010
I was very nervous ordering this because of the negative reviews, especially when it arrived in a hurry with only some brown paper in the box and no bubble wrap or anything! The computer itself though was well-packed in it's own box with styrofoam packing, etc. like a new computer should be.

Because of the reviews I was also anxious about the DVD drive so I tested it right away. I burned data disks, played movies, and then I used it to burn home movies which played beautifully on my TV (it comes with DVD making software), so I would say it's absolutely fine (I even tested it by burning one DVD that was +R and one that was -R! Both worked fine!). To open and close the DVD drive, you push a button and the door opens and then the tray pops out. I am a little nervous that with so many moving parts, something could break easily, but so far it's worked fine every time (I'm careful to push the button straight-on and not let the computer wobble). I think I would just not recommend this computer if you're going to share it with kids or people who are rough on computers.

The speed of this computer is awesome!!! Such a pleasure! I've never used Windows 7 before either and despite my prejudices against Vista (lol) I really like it and it was easy to learn without even reading anything! Also, this computer comes with a very nice mouse and keyboard - the action is very smoothe on both. The keys on the keyboard are very springy so I can type "softly" and not irritate my carpal tunnel syndrome and there are numerous shortcut buttons on top which I haven't even investigated yet. On the upper right corner of the keyboard there is a wheel which controls sound volume! The mouse is high quality too - nice delicate wheel which is easy on the fingers and a very smoothe and accurate cursor movement. This Acer also picked up the internet with no problem at all.

I could only get sound from the "Line Out" jack even though this says it has 5.1 surround sound, but when I looked it up online I read that surround sound only comes out if you're playing a DVD that is designed for that kind of output (and you have surround sound speakers, which I don't!). You can select "5.1 Surround Sound" and lots of other settings in Control Panel so I think it does work (and Device Manager recognized each jack when I plugged things in, telling me a device had just been plugged into an audio jack). The line out jack is great anyway - I'm getting lots of power for loud strong bass in my music and bright trebles! I have used the sound for internet radio, Skype phone calls, playing a regular DVD, and regular internet like YouTube videos and it is powerful - I can blast it VERY loudly if I want.

Overall I'd say this is a great computer - it's silent and very very fast; the graphics look gorgeous on my Dell flat screen computer monitor (which it recognized immediately; it also recognized my external hard drives, printer and scanner immediately too with no problems), the sound is powerful and crisp. Although it has a nice small footprint, there are plenty of USB jacks (9) for my needs. I would just say that if you get this computer, be gentle with the DVD door and I think you will be very happy!
on September 3, 2010
I received my Acer AX3910-U2032 on 8/4/2010. I immediately tried to set it up to check out it's performance. It would not boot up or recognize my monitor. I felt that it was something I could fix by re-seating memeory cards, but because this was a new computer,I didn't feel I should have to do this. A besides, if it didn't work, there could be a problem with warranty coverage. I called Acer for assistance, and after talking with several reps, it was determined that I shuld send the computer to Acer's repaie facility in Texas. I had to box unit up and take to nearest Fedex drop. Acer covered shiping costs. About a week later I received the unit back with the door on the multi-card reader broken, but the unit does work. My problem with this whole situation is it appeared that Acer was not overly concerned that I had just purchased their product and it didn't work. They seemed to be concerned with trying to prove me at fault. I will not buy another Acer product, even if the price is good. Customer service still means a lot to me.
on September 13, 2010
When this computer arrived the DVD Drive was not working. I contacted Acer and was told their only factory service location was in Texas. Since I am in California this wasn't going to work. Fortunately, I know something about computers and after opening the box discovered that the drive was not hooked up. I was able to connect it and it now operates properly. Anyone buying an Acer Product should be aware that they have no convenient factory service, poor quality control and no customer service.

I would not buy another Acer product.
on December 29, 2010
I originally bought this machine so I could have a computer for my ham-radio shack (for logging contacts, doing digital modes, etc.) I installed Linux initially, but later reinstalled Windows 7 when I realized 98% of all amateur radio software exists only for Windows. :-)

In general, the box works fine for basic stuff like word processing, email, web surfing, etc. It's very convenient to have so many usb ports and card slots right in the front. On the other hand, do NOT try to do any serious gaming on this machine -- the video card is built into the motheboard and is crap-tastic. If you want to play something like Civilization V, then you're fine; anything requiring, oh, real polygons and real frame rates is a no-go. You'll need to get a "real" video card for that, and good luck finding something that fits in the "low profile" PCI slot. But hey, I knew this going in; what do you expect for a desktop machine that costs less than $500? :-)

Unfortunately, the hardware seems to have two glitches. I know these are hardware problems because they happen under BOTH Linux and Win7:

1. Built-in wi-fi is flaky. It works for about an hour, then suddenly the interface just goes dead. No matter how many times you 'restart' the wifi interface, it can't connect. Reboot the machine, it's all fine again... for another hour or so. :-/ My solution was to simply tether a wifi-bridge antenna directly to the landline ethernet port. No more network problems.

2. Sound is flaky. First of all, if you have a pair of simple desktop speakers, you have to plug it into the front of the machine -- the back only has weird surround-sound jacks for a 5-way (or more) speaker system. But the real annoyance is that after about an hour of playing iTunes (or any sound at all -- even youtube videos), the sound starts "skipping" and producing static-y sounds. Again, rebooting fixes the problem.

I suppose for the price I got what I paid for; if I wanted totally reliable stuff, I would have gone with a higher-end brand. If you're looking for a cheap box to just get basic stuff done, this is still a decent product.
on November 26, 2010
Product arrived as advertised. Turned on computer and within 5 minutes I was online. this computer is extremely compact and sleek looking. Plugged in 7 USB components and the Acer found each one of them. System is very fast and Windows 7 is SO much better than Vista. I would recommend this computer to everyone that is looking for a low cost and compact computer.
on June 15, 2013
This is a small computer but it packs a lot of power. The processor is fast. Wireless capability is built in. Lots of memory. No problems so far. While the description said it was used, it appears as new and seems to work fine. A wonderful computer for the price!
on August 16, 2011
Had it going on a year, shutting it off once and awhile and it just keeps running. Displays HD content without a second thought. Burns CDs quicker than I can pick songs. Overall an incredible value in a great package.
on November 3, 2010
I have used Windows 7 before so I knew the ups and downs, but this computer is awesome. It shipped very quickly for me, on standard shipping. Came with an amazing keyboard and mouse(works on carpet!), has plenty of hard disk space and RAM, and it does not have that much crapwear took me less 10min to get rid of all of it. The best part is that it is an awesome deal for what you get, I would buy another one of these computers in less than a heartbeat.
on September 8, 2010
I've had the Acer AX3910-U2032 from Amazon for over a week and find it to be outstanding and without problems. Identified my monitor (tv) right a way with the HDMI hookup. Picture and sound are terrific on the 40" tv (Samsung). Very quiet running computer and extremely fast. I love mine!
on September 1, 2011
I initially gave this a two star rating because Acer support would not help with software issues. Two months later, I find the Wi-Fi card doesn't work and again Acer support is absolutely no help. In order to get this fixed I'll have to ship the computer back to Acer in Texas at my own expense. DO NOT buy Acer unless you're willing to pay for you own support--their warranty is worthless.