Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 30, 2010
Apprehensive about Sprint... but after getting this phone, Sprint service and the phone are both awesome. 4G works amazing in my network (Pittsburgh PA).
on November 7, 2011
The Evo 4G would be the best phone ever if the battery life lasted longer. I had 2 buy the big bulky battery so now I can't buy cute cases for my phone. On the plus side, I love the big screen, the touch screen, most of the apps are free, you can watch movies, tv, read books, u name it, the Evo can do it!!!!! The camera is GREAT!,
on August 5, 2010
O-M-G!!! This is my 1st Android and my 1st Touch Screen phone and man, I'm in love! This phone does SO much, I adore the size of the screen and how bright the colors are! The camera is awesome and the pictures are of great quality, really bright flash too! I really don't know what to type, but if you are a Sprint Customer then GET THIS PHONE! I haven't had any problems yet, the battery does drain "quickly" that's the only down-side, other than that I'm BEYOND SATISFIED, this phone surpassed my thoughts & expectations. I'm ANDRIOD for LIFE!!!!
on April 25, 2011
I love the functionality of the phone (in fact I'm writing this review with the phone). It does everything you could want a phone to do, hardware wise and otherwise. It's a fast processor, great camera, blah blah. I just want to voice the negatives. First off, I'm til running Android OS 2.2 with no update in the foreseeable future, with 2.4 fast approaching. Granted, the phone works just fine but I'm a stickler for updates. I think Swype is awful and I stopped using it due to its frustrating word replacements.

This is the main focus of my revirew, please purchase the insurance for this phone. You WILL need it. I had mine for less than a month and already had issues. Biggest issue for me, the speakers blow out. I barely talk on the phone and the in call speaker is horribly buzzing. The external speaker is not as bad but crackling is still present. This is NOT just a lemon phone. I have 2 co workers, 2 friends, and 2 family member with the same phone and ALL of them (A-L-L) have speaker issues. HTC did something awfully wrong with these speakers and I have no idea what it is, but it's extremely annoying

That's about it, other than that I can tell you ill eventually root the phone and that may be the only way to bypass some of the safeguards built into the phone that are so irritating, and for no apparent good reason.
on November 29, 2010
Until something better comes along, they will take this one out of my cold, dead hand. Sure I'd like better battery life, but that is probably just a sign of how much I use it. Love the Navigation system with the contact and Yellow Pages connections, great for a road warrior. Voice mail by name is fabulous. Email access saved me at the rental car counter at midnight when they "lost" my reservation.
on August 28, 2010
here it go believe me when i say that this phone is the best of 2010 now all my family members left their iphone 4 and iphone 3gs and now they all love their evo thanks to me i was the first in the family to get mine now a total of 25 family members with the evo. That must be bad for apple and at&t.
on June 27, 2010
this phone makes me soo happy. i love the long unending list of free apps. i love the customization. i love the internet speed. i love this phone!

BUT: with online games.. sometimes there is a little lag. but not enough to change my decision of keeping this phone.
on September 17, 2011
The phone overall is very good; however, SPRINT's customer service is Horible and downright bad enough to consider never purchasing the phone. After purchasing the phone and dealing with a battery issue, customer service and repair service keeps pointing the finger at everyone else. They refer you to the repair center who tells you to call the 1-800# who tells you to take it to a store. Basically no one at Sprint wants to solve a problem, they just take basic info and tell you to talk to someone else.

BEWARE of thir customer service. I had one agent refuse to help me because she could not verify who I was, but sent me an e-mail saying it was a pleasure.
on September 2, 2011
Sure there are plenty of HTC EVO reviews on Amazon. Why watch my video? I'm showing you how I use this smart phone like real people use it, not like some sales person. Is it worth the money? For me it is. It's small; it's blazingly fast; it has fast Internet; it's simple; - what more can you ask for?

O boy, watching movies on my EVO 3D 4.3-inch screen is so much cooler than watching it on other phones! If you want the most beautiful Android phone, so simple to use and so awesome and fast, get the Sprint EVO today.
on August 16, 2010
So, my husband and I bought this phone on a whim mainly because they were sold out everywhere and we found a store that had it in stock. He got the black one and I have the white one, which is exclusive to Best Buy stores. I totally didn't expect it to live up to the hype, but it does.

I'll start the pro's with:

1) The kick-stand. It's such a tiny feature, but for me, it really helps it stand out above it's Incredible competition. I don't have to buy a special case or anything to allow it to prop up to easily watch videos.

2) Even though it is the most obvious, and the sales pitch for the Evo-- 4G! It is definitely not available everywhere, but when you are on the 4G network, you'll know it! It's awesome. A lot of people say that it not being available everywhere is a con, I'm going to say that it being available at all is a pro.

3) Wi-Fi hotspot without having to root the phone. With many other Android models, Wi-Fi sharing is only available after phone has been rooted and rooting is not the for the faint at heart.

4) Honestly, it's an AWESOME phone. It is definitely going to give the iPhone and all other Androids a run for their money. HTC did a remarkable job one-uping everyone.

However, there are downsides to having such an awesome phone:
1) The battery isn't great, it will last all day, but you must charge it at night. I am on my phone pretty regularly throughout the day so I feel that for as much use as it gets, it's not terrible. Pay the $20 for the car charger though, just in case. If you do not put it in standby, it will die very fast. You can also download apps, the one I have is called "Advanced Task Killer," which helps your battery life by shutting off programs you are not currently using.

2) It's big. Bigger than you might like. I was pretty alarmed at first, but now I'm used to it and a blackberry looks like a toy phone to me. The bigger screen is good for watching movies/TV and surfing the internet. My 2 year old daughter has no problem watching shows on it.

3) No physical keyboard. All typing must be done on a touch screen. You get used to it easily (or at least we did), and the auto-correct is outstanding at fixing typing errors.

4) Wi-Fi Sharing disconnects users if you receive a phone call for more than 10 seconds. That is a drag.

So, overall this phone receives 4 stars from us. I'd say 4 and a half but that's not allowed. We didn't review Android Operating System itself. I'd recommend this phone, because it really is more than Incredible...(pun intended)