on August 30, 2011
This was my first "smart phone" great in every way . I bought an extra battery , since it did not last in the beginning ( until I turned off a bunch of useless apps ). In the past 2 months, the phone reboots in an endless loop. I have had to remove the battery and put it back to end the rebooting. Took it to the store, did the so called Hard Reset and it did not change . I am having the phone replaced this month with a different brand. It was great in the beginning , but not reliable. I do need a phone that works , very simple.
on November 29, 2010
Until something better comes along, they will take this one out of my cold, dead hand. Sure I'd like better battery life, but that is probably just a sign of how much I use it. Love the Navigation system with the contact and Yellow Pages connections, great for a road warrior. Voice mail by name is fabulous. Email access saved me at the rental car counter at midnight when they "lost" my reservation.
on October 24, 2011
ok had this phone for 11 months now,was working find untill two days ago.the power botton is not working, the phone shuts down after 5mins of not being use and ask if it want to shutdown or restart after each ussage.the screen also blanks out cant see whos calling.the only way the phone works is to take the battery out and put it back in.then it will boot the phone up by it self
on August 28, 2010
here it go believe me when i say that this phone is the best of 2010 now all my family members left their iphone 4 and iphone 3gs and now they all love their evo thanks to me i was the first in the family to get mine now a total of 25 family members with the evo. That must be bad for apple and at&t.
on May 8, 2011
I've had this phone over 6 months and I can't ever imagine wanting to upgrade. Big, beautiful screen, fast 4-G speed, 8 megapixel camera, front camera, kickstand, lots of memory, tons of apps, and an overall thing of beauty. This may be the pinnacle of human technology. Thank you, htc!
on June 27, 2010
this phone makes me soo happy. i love the long unending list of free apps. i love the customization. i love the internet speed. i love this phone!

BUT: with online games.. sometimes there is a little lag. but not enough to change my decision of keeping this phone.
on November 7, 2011
The Evo 4G would be the best phone ever if the battery life lasted longer. I had 2 buy the big bulky battery so now I can't buy cute cases for my phone. On the plus side, I love the big screen, the touch screen, most of the apps are free, you can watch movies, tv, read books, u name it, the Evo can do it!!!!! The camera is GREAT!,
on August 16, 2010
So, my husband and I bought this phone on a whim mainly because they were sold out everywhere and we found a store that had it in stock. He got the black one and I have the white one, which is exclusive to Best Buy stores. I totally didn't expect it to live up to the hype, but it does.

I'll start the pro's with:

1) The kick-stand. It's such a tiny feature, but for me, it really helps it stand out above it's Incredible competition. I don't have to buy a special case or anything to allow it to prop up to easily watch videos.

2) Even though it is the most obvious, and the sales pitch for the Evo-- 4G! It is definitely not available everywhere, but when you are on the 4G network, you'll know it! It's awesome. A lot of people say that it not being available everywhere is a con, I'm going to say that it being available at all is a pro.

3) Wi-Fi hotspot without having to root the phone. With many other Android models, Wi-Fi sharing is only available after phone has been rooted and rooting is not the for the faint at heart.

4) Honestly, it's an AWESOME phone. It is definitely going to give the iPhone and all other Androids a run for their money. HTC did a remarkable job one-uping everyone.

However, there are downsides to having such an awesome phone:
1) The battery isn't great, it will last all day, but you must charge it at night. I am on my phone pretty regularly throughout the day so I feel that for as much use as it gets, it's not terrible. Pay the $20 for the car charger though, just in case. If you do not put it in standby, it will die very fast. You can also download apps, the one I have is called "Advanced Task Killer," which helps your battery life by shutting off programs you are not currently using.

2) It's big. Bigger than you might like. I was pretty alarmed at first, but now I'm used to it and a blackberry looks like a toy phone to me. The bigger screen is good for watching movies/TV and surfing the internet. My 2 year old daughter has no problem watching shows on it.

3) No physical keyboard. All typing must be done on a touch screen. You get used to it easily (or at least we did), and the auto-correct is outstanding at fixing typing errors.

4) Wi-Fi Sharing disconnects users if you receive a phone call for more than 10 seconds. That is a drag.

So, overall this phone receives 4 stars from us. I'd say 4 and a half but that's not allowed. We didn't review Android Operating System itself. I'd recommend this phone, because it really is more than Incredible...(pun intended)
on July 3, 2010
I had been using iphone 3G for about 2 yrs and I was thinking to get iPhone4 and then someone showed me EVO at work. Given the 30 days return policy decided to give a try EVO, i brought this phone understanding the battery limitation while getting the phone and I have no regrets so far(3 weeks into it).

Here are few things to help u decide if you are not sure about EVO yet.

Pros
- Best phone H/W(except battery) available in US market today.
- 4G coverage and including teetering with sprint makes this deal even more sweeter.
- Android o/s give you a lot of flexibility i.e how your phone looks, how is behaves or what app you could run etc etc, you might want this or not depending your technical background(iphone still wins on ease of use).
- Very Good camera(don't expect it to replace ur canon or sony but still good enough for casual shots).
- Better value for money with sprint when compare with AT&T or verizon($79 - unlimited data, unlimited msg, 450 anytime mins, unlimited any mobile to any mobile(not just sprint) calling).
- Very fast, I didn't realize how slow iphone 3G was until i used EVO.
- Flash works.
- All the main Apps I used on iphone i found them on andriod market so far.(8-10 apps).
- Better Micrsoft Exchange integration for Emails/Calender then iphone 3G.

Cons
- Sprint charges extra $10 for EVO.
- Short battery life, for me battery last 1 full days(7am-8pm) with personal email, work email, bluetooth, 3G, light web surfing.
- CDMA not GSM and not portable to any other career. I will need to carry another phone if I travel international.
- Limited smart phone choices for 2nd line. Looking to 2nd phone for wife and dont want to pay additional $10 for EVO. (HTC Hero seems like the only reasonable choice :( ).
- PPTP RSA VPN doesn't work on android but works on iphone. still looks for ways to make it work.

Thanks,
on April 25, 2011
I love the functionality of the phone (in fact I'm writing this review with the phone). It does everything you could want a phone to do, hardware wise and otherwise. It's a fast processor, great camera, blah blah. I just want to voice the negatives. First off, I'm til running Android OS 2.2 with no update in the foreseeable future, with 2.4 fast approaching. Granted, the phone works just fine but I'm a stickler for updates. I think Swype is awful and I stopped using it due to its frustrating word replacements.

This is the main focus of my revirew, please purchase the insurance for this phone. You WILL need it. I had mine for less than a month and already had issues. Biggest issue for me, the speakers blow out. I barely talk on the phone and the in call speaker is horribly buzzing. The external speaker is not as bad but crackling is still present. This is NOT just a lemon phone. I have 2 co workers, 2 friends, and 2 family member with the same phone and ALL of them (A-L-L) have speaker issues. HTC did something awfully wrong with these speakers and I have no idea what it is, but it's extremely annoying

That's about it, other than that I can tell you ill eventually root the phone and that may be the only way to bypass some of the safeguards built into the phone that are so irritating, and for no apparent good reason.