Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's Classic Canvas Flannel Shirt-Jacket
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 26, 2011
This is a nice shirt, but very very long. I ordered a L, M, and S for my husband and two brother-in-laws. All three shirts were literally the same length, which on my husband (who I thought was the medium at 5'10" and broad) fell to his mid-thigh. It didn't look good. He is usually a large and I bought the medium after reading the reviews, but it was just too long. I am keeping the M for my brother-in-law who is about 6' and fit/average build (I had intended to give him the large, but it is VERY VERY LARGE, and going back). I think it's a nice shirt for men >6' and >200#.
on January 21, 2011
This seems like a great jacket shirt, But the quality is not what you'd expect from Carhartt. Last year, Carhartt started having their goods manufactured overseas. No longer MADE IN THE USA. BUT, they still continue to charge top dollar for their products, so someone at Carhartt is laughing all the way to the bank! The consumer gets short-changed, once again.

Upon trying this nice-looking jacket on for the VERY first time, the top collar snap of the jacket lliterally broke off! I didn't want to waste more money on shipping, sending it back to the seller, only to get charged even more shipping again to send me out a new one, so I asked the seller for some credit back on my purchase. The seller was very gracious and did make ammends to me by offering me a small credit back on the purchase. I accepted it, since I am not likely at all to use the top collar snap, anyway.

But buyer beware with Carhartt any more- they're not made like they used to be when the American worker was making them. Cheap Labor means you loose out!
on June 27, 2011
Although a little on the large side, (I normally fit Medium and this felt above that even though it was a Medium) I put it in a hot wash then dryer for a while and it now fits really well. Its really comfy, I think they were designed t shrink like that, so dont panic about them arriving a little large! Its warm, robust feeling and great overshirt.
on February 1, 2011
I bought this Carhartt shirt jacket for my husband. I paid attention to other reviews, which said the shirt ran large and one person said the size large was HUGE. So I bought my husband a medium, and it fits perfectly! He is 5'11" and slim, and sometimes can wear a large, but this Carhartt shirt jacket is long, and roomy enough to fit over a flannel shirt. We live in cold weather, and he loves this shirt to walk outside or in and out of the car when the temp is in the 30s. He liked it so much he ordered a second one for himself in another color. These shirts are well-made and warm.
on September 28, 2011
Just received this shirt. Like it. It's 100% cotton and plenty heavy for Winter layering- heavy canvas over rather thin, lightweight flannel. The snaps will take some getting use to- don't know how well they will hold long term over time yet but they look solid. Based on what I remember reading from others on here, would expect it to shrink some with two or more wash and hot dryer cycles...

Out of the box, unwashed, the XL fits just about like many 2XL shirts. Have three Carhartt hooded jackets in XL. They all run a little large upon arrival.

Would expect it to shrink some with repeated washing and an electric dryer.
on October 31, 2011
I love the comfort and quality of this jacket. The only thing my first one didn't survive was an unfortunate battery acid accident on one of the sleeves. It has since been turned into a comfortable vest. The pictures did not do the Port color justice, it is a rich, deep red. I am very happy with this jacket.
on April 12, 2011
I have received this shirt in Ukraine. It is made well. However it too big for me - Medium, but as XL.
I regret that have not read reviews earlier.
From-zo a problem of the size I put 4.
on November 28, 2013
While this does have an inner layer, it is not a very warm jacket. It fits on me large enough to fit a heavy shirt and another jacket underneath, so is excellent as an outside layer. Seems to repel water somewhat, though is not waterproof itself.
on September 21, 2015
A very nice jacket. No fault of the manufacturer, but it is a tiny bit tight and the sleeves too long. Made of good strong material and flannel lined, we already own one just like it and needed a slightly bigger size. We are pleased and would recommend it.
on September 25, 2015
Haven't really had a chance to try this out in cold weather, but all signals point to this being comfortable, warm and my wife loves the way it looks on me. I have enough faith in Carhartt to believe will come through as the Winter winds wend this way.