Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Klipsch Quintet Satellite Bookshelf Speaker (Single, Black HG) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 27, 2011
These speakers are very similar to the Quintet SL and look almost identical from the the outside except for the color and the shape of the base/stand. These are glossy black whereas the Quintet SLs are more of a slate color and have round bases. This kind of sucks as Klipsch recommends these as 7.1 extensions for the SL series. They are 10 feet or so apart from the Quintet surrounds in this configuration so it's not a glaring difference, but still noticeable. Klipsch says they have no plans to produce the SL line surrounds individually so it's this or nothing. One feature these have that the SLs lack is a speaker wire routing hole in the base. This is an extremely obvious oversight on the part of Klipsh on the SL speakers.
on June 29, 2012
I bought these speakers as the rear speakers for my 5.1 system. They compliment my system with excellent sound, that really made a difference from my previous setup. Good base and strong crisp mid and high freqs. My only gripe is that the mounting bracket is not functional for wall mounting. I've read the other reviews that say that the wall mounting brackets work well, but that is not MY experience.

When I tested the mounting I could not get the speakers to stay aligned in the appropriate direction. The speakers are so heavy that gravity pulls them down no matter how much I tighten the set screws. The speakers are connected to a round gimbal assembly that fits into the base so the speakers can be positioned at any angle/direction. There are two allen head set screws that are supposed to lock the speakers in whatever position needed. Doesn't work for me. No matter how much I tightened the screws the speakers would droop down and face the floor due to gravity.

After much fiddling and cursing, I finally used my old speaker stands and engineered a solution so that they stand up. It works fine, and actually looks ok, but I really wanted the wall mount solution.

I am very happy with the sound, and the speaker stands are an acceptable solution.

Center Speaker: Klipsch WC-24 ICON W
Front Speakers: Klipsch WC-14 ICON W
on February 23, 2013
I bought two of these speakers to go along with a Klipsch 5.1 speaker system. These speakers are all coupled to a Denon 2312 amp so that I have a 7.1 surround sound system. They work extremely well. Also note that the bases that come with these speakers are well constructed.
on August 5, 2012
I bought this to replace part of five speaker Klipsch set, because this speaker was knocked off of the wall and the brackets were snapped, and were not fixable. I simply threw the broken speaker away and inserted this new speaker into the system. It was a perfect, seemless event. Everything sounds like it did before the original one was knocked off of the wall.
on November 16, 2011
I am using these speakers as the main front speakers to complement my Klipsch 1000 system. They come with wall mount brackets and installation took all of 5 min. After some tweaking with the crossover points and balancing the sound with the rest of my speakers, they sound awesome. Plenty of bass as well, to complete my 7.1 system. The sound is perfect for my ears.
on October 21, 2010
I love Klipsch speakers - we have them in both our surround systems. I only wish they would have shown a better picture, as this was a replacement for our Quintet we purchased last year and it doesn't match the other Quintet Satellite Bookshelf speaker that we have. That was a disappointment!!
on August 6, 2010
I already had the set of Klipsch Quintet. It was easy to install and it definitely sounds impressive. But the other simple reason to order this was it comes with a base that can be easily mount on the wall without drilling, as long as you have the connections premade at your house.
on January 24, 2016
Quailty was great for used speaker and the price point.
on July 3, 2014
Was exactly as advertised. Fast Delivery! Thanks.
on January 21, 2016