Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

I bought a set of these mats about a year ago -- enough to cover the entire floor of a spare bedroom and turn it into an exercise room. The mats are thick and provide great shock absorption -- so much so that I now workout barefoot (a huge plus, I've discovered). The mats interlock securely -- they haven't pulled apart once since I got them, despite very vigorous (Insanity, Asylum, P90x) workouts. They clean up quickly and easily with a damp mop when needed. After a year of heavy use, they show no signs of wear.

If you buy these mats, you may also want to go to the manufacturer's web site and look at their edging kits. The edge strips are the thickness of the mat on the interlocking side, then bevel down to a smooth, nearly flat edge on the other. As a result, there's a smooth transition from floor to mat -- nothing to trip on. I put a set of the edge strips on the side of the mat near the door, and they make for a very professional look, in addition to increasing safety.

I tried to do my homework before buying these mats, because they were a bit more expensive (although still reasonable). I'm glad I went with this brand. It's been a great investment, and they look as good after a year as they did on Day 1.

(User note: When the mats arrived, they were slipperier than I like. They seemed to have a light coating of a silicone-like spray from the manufacturing process. I mopped them with a regular vinyl floor cleaner and it took the shine off and the slippery feeling away. If you exercise in shoes, you can probably skip the mopping.)
11 comment39 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2010
We just received purchased this mat for our 6 month old twins. The mat is nice for the babies because it is a bit thicker than most and keeps them off of the cold wood floors. The only negative is that the edging is only sold at the seller's site (not carried by Amazon) and this is where they get you.... The edging pieces are significantly more than the mat itself (considering shipping). That said, if you can live with unfinished edges, the mat is good.
11 comment37 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2010
These mats are great for multiple applications.
I use it for a weight room in my house because they are comfortable to lie down on.

+ I would recommend these to anyone who needs mats for weight room or to work out on. young children could use these as a play mat I suppose.

- I would NOT recommend these mats to people seeking a surface for wresting or MMA training as they aren't THAT soft.

Great product.
55 comments27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2010
These work great. I work out in my garage, and these really make anything physical or cardio on the concrete floor much easier on the joints. They're a little slippery, which makes it difficult to stay in position mainly when stretching, but I'm hoping that will change as they age. I'll probably buy more.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2011
This mat is much thicker than the other mats I have seen. Very durable and holds weight bench, dumbbells and treadmill securely. Highly recommend. Much better cushion if you are jumping and running in place.
on August 21, 2010
These mats are super easy to assemble and clean. With all my gym equipment, it makes my garage gym actually look like a gym. This mat also makes it a lot better for some of friends that are into MMA and learning grappling techniques versus carpet.
on May 14, 2012
My girlfriend ordered these for me because we have hard wood floors and she noticed I was having back problems when doing ab workouts. The foam is dense and when I put my weights on it they dent the foam but it comes back the next day. This is a good sign that it will be longer lasting than other foams. The only problem is that I held up a ruler to the foam and it is exactly half an inch. Not even close to 5/8th of an inch. The fact that the title says 5/8th makes makes it seem like a bait and switch. Of course if the company decides to either change the name and description of the width or replace my foam i'll change my review.
review image
11 comment10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2011
I recently disowned my gym because of its incompatible hours and decided to buy 4 sets of these mats to cover half of the floor in one of my rooms. I have parquet wood floors and I needed a mat to protect the floor from my elliptical and to work out on without bothering my downstairs neighbor. When the sections arrived they were slightly misshapen from the packaging and I was concerned about the sections being able to lock together properly and how long it would take for them to flatten out to the way they were supposed to be. I managed to get them all interlocked into each other pretty well and after just 2 sessions of doing jumping jacks, sit-ups, push-ups, etc on the mats they flattened out perfectly. They form a perfect mat and have a bit of texture on top to keep from slipping too easily when sweaty. They are firm with just enough give to absorb a little impact. Doesn't come with the edging pieces, which I don't care about but it's important to note that the edges will be puzzley. I am extremely happy with my purchase and would certainly recommend these to anyone!
11 comment11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2011
Great mat. I use it for my kids to play on in the tiled floor living room. I went with black instead of the primary colors because I plan on using it later on in my loft to place workout equipment on it.
on October 19, 2010
These mats are nice and thick. They do come with some slippery substance (almost like Armor All was used to clean them) on them that can be spread to the floor, stairs, wherever and can make walking on these surfaces a bit treacherous. I'm sure it will wear off as time passes. Besides this minor nuisance, the mats are very durable and look great.