Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Color: Blacklight|Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on March 31, 2013
Works great. I have a fairly large bedroom and I use a black light and burn incense to relax. This IS a bright bulb, seriously it's 13 watts but puts out the equivalent of a 60 watt bulb...no joke. AND it IS a black light. Give it a try. I plan to buy 3 or 4 more, SOON.
on June 6, 2013
I teach high school biology and was wanting to do a demonstration on proper hand washing techniques. I needed a good black light to use with the "glo-germ" product. This light got the job done. Its your basic "purple tinted" black light. All light bulbs produce some UV radiation but you normally can't tell because of all the visible light. Most blacklights are just a normal bulb with a blackish-purple film on it to block out most of the visible light spectrum. This bulb does just that. If you are looking for higher UV radiation output you'll have to pay a whole lot more and you'll be dealing with more dangerous levels of UV. This light bulb works for most people's black light needs.
on November 27, 2013
Works well and has a good "black light" fluorescent effect. Its just a bulb so the coverage area is very small... even in a small room I wish I would have gotten a second one, in an effort to intensify the "glow" effect. But a good price and it does work.
on July 1, 2010
You should be aware that these lights DO NOT fit in a standard bulb socket. They have a much smaller base. I ordered quite a few to use outside cabins we rent, but had to send them all back because they were too small. The description should note this.
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
I had given this bulb a great review, but after it burned out in less than two weeks of intermittent use; I am disappointed. The bulb that I received is (was) a true black light, but it does not last. I used it in a Nightmare Before Christmas lamp that requires a bulb that does not exceed 15 watts. This bulb is 13 watt mini spiral, so that was not the problem. I used an adapter from small to medium base. It didn't buzz or flicker. I may have received a defective bulb. Amazon replaced it as it was less than two weeks since I ordered it. :)
on June 1, 2015
Cuts bug activity dramatically, especially when compared to white CFLs used outdoors. Even the old incandescent bulbs were better than white CFLs when it comes to bugs. But these yellow CFLs do well. There are still some bugs, but it's much better with these than anything else I've used and electricity usage is 75 or 80% less than with incandescent bulbs - plus bulb life is far longer. Just be sure to dispose of them safely, they most likely have small amounts of mercury so take them to Home Depot or someplace else that collects hazardous items like this rather than just putting them in the trash.
on January 31, 2016
Terrible, poor color, very dull and hardly visible. Down the street you could hardly tell it was a green light.
Bought this for the Greenlight a Vet campaign. Product burnt out after a week of usage, needed to purchase another bulb replacement.
I would not recommend this product to anyone.
on January 7, 2014
I purchased the bulb at the end of Sept. 2013 the first one was cracked Amazon took care of it, when I got the new one which is only used at night. The description says 10,000 hours (which if it was on 24 hrs a day it would be over 400 days) it burnt out on me in less then 90 days. As upset as I am I purchased 2 more afterwards due to the fact that there was a noticeable difference of bugs when used. I am not satisfied of the life of the bulb but the results it produced overrode the life.
on December 22, 2015
The green on the bulb is not the light green it emits. It is absolute useless unless you want to light up an area with a color of the inside of a lime,, Light, light,light lime. I purchased this to show respect to our troops. I don't dare as I would be embarrassed as the rest of my neighbors have the darker green light, that emit the same color as on the bulb. I feel I was tricked. Thumbs Down on this purchase. Only the second item I have ever written that a product was a bomb. Want my money back
on September 18, 2015
It's a good little lightbulb. It works, but not how I thought it would. From the reviews I read, I was expecting a very wide reach for this bulb, but it's a tiny bulb and puts out the amount of light a tiny bulb would. I'm buying the next size up next time I do this.