Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 20, 2011
i have been wearing the 575 and then the 576 for a couple years and when i would step into a nice new pair, I could feel all the support enveloping my feet. It was like walking on air!! Not so with the 577!! I put on a new pair after my last 576 wore down and they felt no support at all. i have worn them a couple weeks and they hurt my feet and back. i put back on my old 576 and they have more support than the new 577!! why did they change a good thing and mess it up!!!!!!!!
77 comments|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2011
We ordered 4E width Men's New Balance walking shoes. They were not as wide as we would have expected. My husband wasn't able to completely close the Velcro closure. But they provide excellent support and will probably stretch out. They do seem to run a tiny bit on the small size, though.
22 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2015
These hook/loop New Balance shoes were not as comfortable as my New Balance laceups so I continued to use the laceups until they wore out about two months ago. I then began to use the hook/loop shoes until I recently noticed moisture from early morning dew was soaking my feet. Upon inspecting the shoes I discovered both soles were separating from the shoe. Due to the delay in noticing this flaw I have passed the allowed time for returning the shoes but thought I would let others know about this potential problem. In addition to the separation problem I also thought the straps were a little too short for comfort but this has already been posted in other reviews.
review image review image review image
on July 1, 2012
I bought these shoes for my dad and he won't wear anything else except for special occasions. He loves them. They last a long time and have a special bar in them that balances the foot so they don't wear out on the sides.
on November 17, 2011
I have been wearing them for about 2 months now.
I walk about 6 miles per week.
They fit true too size and are comfortable.
I'm not sure what the negative feedback people are talking about but they have plenty of toe room and did not hurt my feet even when new.
I even use them for my son who has Autism and cannot tie sneakers.

***Update 10/13/15: The last pair I purchase had very thin leather on the toe area of the left shoe. The right shoe fit was slightly smaller than the left even though my left foot is larger than my right. Quality control seems to be lacking.
on July 31, 2012
My husband has a very high instep and wider foot, and very hard for him to find comfortable shoes. These have the velcro closure which makes them adjustable, which is great for those who have problems fitting comfortably in shoes. Cushioned well, easy to get on your foot, and well made. They are great walking shoes, comfortable, need no break in time, and are very durable. He uses them not only to walk when we go out, but on the treadmill several times a week. Each pair has lasted him over a year with high use with no problems. Highly recommend.
on June 4, 2011
The width and length are just right for my husband's size 12 D's. We knew New Balance fit him well and we also needed the velcro closure which is a rare find in stores. These shoes are tried and true, as he's had 3 similar pairs and they wear extremely well.
on January 24, 2012
The straps on these shoes are not long enough for my feet and the top ones in particular need at least another inch leading to difficulty in fastening and sometimes opening in use. Otherwise quality would would rate 3.5 stars.
on January 14, 2012
Surviving a stroke and then having hand/finger arthritis accelerate my condition. I can now just slip these on and I'm off in a flash. They clean up well with a sponge and I can rely on years of strong lasting service. They are their own fashion statement and fit very well into my casual existence and style. five stars out of five These are my fourth pair - I make sure to have a spare pair handy
on September 4, 2012
Shoe itself is still made well except for the Velcro strap. New Balance seems to think the public is stupid when they totally skimp on the Velcro closure. Been buying this shoe for my elderly dad for 8 yrs and now they cut the Velcro strap down to half of length, thereby not letting you close your shoe. Being only one of few choices for wide width brace wearing or ambulatory people, New Balance you disappoint a lot of people, namely almost half of my dad's assisted living complex neighbors. Why did you change a good thing. Your shoes were not cheap to begin with, but we were willing to pay extra until you tried to save a few cents. You have lost a very good customer and I'm sure a lot more. Very very dissapointed with New Balance