Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Color: Soft Pink 60WStyle Name: 2-PackChange
Price:$3.50+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on June 10, 2008
I've had one of these in a little lamp with a white shade that sits on an end table I have. It's used most nights I'm home and it's lasted for ages. The colors of the glass do start to fade a bit after such a long while however, even though the bulb life goes on and on. If they made some with different wattages, like for instance at least 60, that would be wonderful. Unfortunately they only come in 25 watts. If there were higher wattages, I'd be tempted to use more of them here and there around my home, although they are a bit pricey...

However, I do have a major complaint with these bulbs. On every one of them that I've seen, almost 1/3 of the bulb surface is yellow glass. There are more yellow pieces than any other color except for red, and the red pieces are smaller. I counted more than one bulb, and this was the average result:

Yellow: 10 pieces
Red: 10
Orange: 7
Blue: 5
Green: 3

The pieces which are fewest in number are also the smallest in size. I'm not sure why that is. Personally, I don't find a predominance of yellow to be appealing. I would prefer that the colored pieces which comprise these bulbs were more equal in size and distribution and therefore with a bit less yellow-tinted light.

UPDATE JAN 2012:
Sometime after writing this review, I began to find that some of the bulbs I bought were being made with more red glass and less yellow. (I uploaded a picture.) I think that for some reason this was usually the case when I got them together in 2-packs. But after a certain point, the place where I got the 2-packs unfortunately stopped carrying them that way, and I've been unable to find them sold like that anywhere since then.

Also, as of right now it looks like the price of these has risen almost 50% since I originally posted this review. Hmm.
review image
22 comments56 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2013
I placed this bulb into a sphere lamp that acts as a nightlight for our Master Bath. It was if the angels began singing! The bulbs provide soft, subtle lighting without being obtrusive. They say a picture says a 1000 words, I agree, so I will try to upload one to support my review. Highly recommend these bulbs.
review image
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2010
Love the low-watt purple bulbs. I use them as exterior lighting. They give a soft warm glow. They do not look purple. I wish I could find them at a lower price. I use 9 at a time.
22 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2013
Been on the hunt for a neat coloured lightbulb since the man cave opened and I found one here on AZ. I placed mine in the overhead clear glass fixture, turned it on and went "WOW"! Subtle colours-yellows, greens and reds. Blends with those blacklight nights perfectly. Inexpensive and it only uses 25 watts. Great buy in my book, photos attached.
review image review image
on August 31, 2011
I have the 40-Watt version of these in an overhead light... They're beautiful with the light on or off. Unlike some customers, I haven't seen any fading of the colors {I have 2 in the noted fixture}. The glow emitted by these is very "warm", so don't look for bright light from them. I think they're more about giving the room a warm, welcoming, relaxing feel than about creating a well-lit space. I've had my two bulbs for 8 yrs. now and they're still going strong.

As an added way of making these look even more amazing, put them on a dimmer.... Magic =)

They're a bit pricey, BUT, consider that 5yrs. ago or so, they were $25 each ;)
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2011
I bought a set of two of these bulbs at Walmart the other day for $9.00 in the clearance isle. Never seen stained glass bulbs before so i curiously bought them. When i got home i put it in a Lamp with a clear/frost white shade. WoW! they transformed a lil simple light into Beautiful lamps! these bulbs are awesome! i would recommend thenm to anybody! if you like creativity, uniqueness, and origonality these are for you! i was worried that once these burn out i wouldnt be able to get more, Thank god for the internet! ***** 5 star!
on February 1, 2013
I know I have to use a minimum number of words for this description, but all I really want to say is that it immediately burnt out when I turned it on the first time.
11 comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2013
I have loved these soft pink bulbs for years - they add a warm and "homey" touch to any room. My only complaint is that these bulbs seem to burn out very quickly and they are harder to find. I'm glad this Merchant ships quickly.
on December 16, 2014
Put the bulb in the lamp, and it immediately blew. Not worth sending back, so have absorbed the cost. Don't purchase these online, they are in the supermarkets and then you can return them if they blow. amandasum
on December 30, 2010
Ref: GE 60 Watt Soft Pink Light Bulb:

This light bulb has good features,
1. It gives off a soft color light that is relaxing,
2. The bulb size is convenient
Negative Feature: Price $$ per bulb is too much
Negative Feature: Bulb life, seems much less than the 1000 hour rating.

I will buy them again, but they are a luxury.

mike