Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on December 12, 2011
Saw that this was very high rated so me and my GF decided to check it out. To my surprise, it was just not very funny - and amazon's reviews are generally pretty reliable. Then I went back and checked, almost every review is 5 stars - yet on imdb it gets a brutal 4.8/10. These reviews seem worked...
on December 26, 2012
Orny has some pretty funny material. However, the presentation is repetitive and sometimes grating. He's almost like a younger Lewis Black, only not quite as funny and not as endearing. He should try to not be so angry and repetitive during his routine.

As another reviewer stated, this comedy special isn't nearly as funny as the overall rating and number of 5 star reviews would seem to indicate.
on July 26, 2014
Saw him live at the comedy club! He's awesome! Very funny, and animated! He could do a silent movie and still have you laughing the whole way through! Live was better than the DVD! But the DVD is awesome as well!
on January 6, 2013
This was not funny at all. Not once did I even smile while watching this. I am lucky that this was included with my Prime membership....not worth a penny.
on July 21, 2013
Orny Adams is one of the most talented stand up comedians. Seeing him in person is an replaceable experience, but the special Orny Adams Takes the Third comes very close.

Orny's connection with an audience is absolutely electric, and his material is fresh, exciting, relevant, and intelligent. I laughed so hard and so consistently I'm sore. His passion for entertaining and comedy leaks through his performance, making it one of the greatest stand up experiences one can have.
on July 13, 2013
This was one of the better comedy specials I've ever seen! I loved the blunt humor and energetic delivery! Some very fresh jokes I've never heard before as well! I'm surprised by how many negative reviews there are, but I guess maybe it's a certain type of sense of humor it appeals to. All in all, DEFINITE must see!
on August 30, 2013
I found Orny Adams: Takes the Third to be some of the funnest stand up around. It was mostly new and well thought out material. A must see if you need a good laugh.
on December 31, 2011
Many of us first saw Orny in Seinfeld's Comedian documentary. This isn't bad, it just isn't nearly as good as the many Orny fans watching it think it is. If you've got Netflix in addition to Amazon Instant Videos, you may want to see where it falls on your recommendations there. If it's highly recommended, have a look. (It's nice to have additional options in instant video, but Amazon unfortunately doesn't yet provide a rating system tailored to individual tastes the way the former service does.) Even though Orny was a little narcissistic and angry in the documentary, we really liked him none the less, and I followed his stand-up for several years afterwards.

In any case, the beauty of unlimited instant access is that, hey, if you don't like this as much as the Orny sycophants, you won't feel obligated to watch the whole thing, which we didn't.

[If you like your comedy angry, you may want to try Lewis Black, George Carlin, or Louis CK. If you're up for something a little lighter we enjoyed Demetri Martin (particularly the charts), Steven Wright, or Steve Martin.]
on November 22, 2013
Orny is so down to earth and so real!!! His comedy is able to relate to EVERYONE from age 12 on up to 110!!!
on June 1, 2013
I swear this guy was tripping on speed during this. He's a little crazy, then weird, then annoying, then I clicked back and watched something else.