Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on January 4, 2011
Pros
Extra long battery life
Great sound quality
Stays in my ear even without the earhook
Small and lightweight
Speaks commands (such as power on) instead of making annoying beeping noises

Cons
Back of headset is very sharp and hurts
Hard to press the answer/end key without pushing other buttons, and if you push other buttons the answer/end key doesn't work at all.
Rubber eargel falls off really easily and LG refuses to replace it if it gets lost. The headset is useless without the eargel, as it is extremely unwearable.
LG Customer support is terrible

All in all, this would be a great headset if LG would allow for replacement parts, but they don't support their own products.
on January 3, 2011
I bought this headset after my frustrating experience with a Motorola one that wouldn't stay connected. This LG unit stays connected, has good range and goes a long time between charges. For me it is so comfortable to wear that I forgot I had it on and almost stepped into the shower with it still on. I'm very happy with this unit and would buy it again.For LG HBM-235 Bluetooth Hands Free Headset BLACK
on July 5, 2011
A quick review:

The ear piece hurts my ear occasionally.

The range is not great, I have to keep my phone in my pocket (in my shirt pocket is even better) otherwise I hear static.

If within range, however, the sound quality is good and loud enough. I sometimes have to turn the sound down.

The ability to connect to two devices is nice and works. I had to download the manual because I could not read the tiny print that comes with the headset.

Overall, I wish the range were better, but not too bad for $17.
on July 17, 2011
This Bluetooth headset was inexpensive & I liked that. However the audio quality is terrible. That is why I am giving it a poor review. It also hurts my ear, but everyone has their own ear hole shape, right? On the positive side, my phone & PS3 recognized it in a few seconds, & was useable. I don't know much about Bluetooth headsets, but apparently the cheaper they cost, the cheaper the all around quality.
on December 13, 2011
I purchased this because I did not have one and I won't answer my phone when driving , Which sometimes tends to worry my family. I got this one cheap so I wasn't expecting much from it. It has a decent range. I can hear the other person on the line as well as they can hear me. So that a plus. It doesn't feel uncomfortable to wear. I keep it on even when I go into a store (which I think sometimes bugs people out by thinking I'm talking to myself.) It has a charging light to let me know when it's charged. It also speaks once I connect my phone which says "connected" and when I turn off the power on the headset it says power off or on. This is a good headset
on May 22, 2011
I had bought a Plantronics headset for my LG Optimus phone, (Great phone and service from Virgin Mobile BTW), which really didn't work well at all.
Found this LG headset for a lower price than the Plantronics one and am loving it. Connected easily, fits comfortably and has good sound quality.
Can't ask for anything more!
on August 9, 2011
I have been looking for a bluetooth to replace one I loved. I have been through about 3 or 4. I am so happy to have found this one. Everyone complained about my last ones but this one they say they can actually hear me and NOT all the background noise. I have been on it in a busy parking lot and had the person I was conversing with not have a problem hearing me. It is easy to use. Biggest neegative is the teeny tiny print of the manual. It is comfortable on my ear and in my ear. I am completely happy with this purchase.
on June 22, 2011
I bought two of these, one for me and one for my daughter. She hasn't used hers yet, but I have. First, let me say that I don't use it often at all. It's used mostly on trips where I'm alone and want to chat while driving. Sound quality is good. Everyone that I've spoken to had no problems hearing me and said the sound quality on their end was good. I think this is a pretty good bluetooth headset, especially for the low cost. Unfortunately, my Verizon Fascinate does not have voice activated dialing so I wasn't able to test that feature. Battery life seems fine. It is very comfortable in my ear. All in all I'm very pleased with this product.
on October 27, 2011
Well - I guess it's my own fault for trying to save a couple of bucks - but I was disappointed with this headset. Funny thing is - I like almost everything about it - except the most important thing: it's not loud enough. With the volumes on both the phone and the headset all the way up - I have to strain to hear and am constantly pushing the headset into my ear in the hopes of hearing better. Off to the next one...
on June 28, 2012
Pros:
~~ Easy to sync with my phone - just set the two next to each other and push a button or two on each
~~ Uses the same charging cord as my phone (same manufacturer), so I now have a duplicate charger for my computer travel bag
~~ Fairly good range - using it at home so I could be handsfree, I was able to move between two rooms without a problem
~~ Comfortable in my ear

Cons:
~~ The #$%&@!!! Multi-Function Button (the instructions call it the MFB - no kidding - I leave this one to your imagination) doesn't make contact easily, so turning it on usually causes at least one broken fingernail. Instructions say to hold it down for three seconds - in my experience, it's more like thirty, then utter a few expletives and try again. Using this MF Button as a dial or redial button? You've got to be kidding. Much easier to grab my phone - which totally defeats the purpose of a handsfree device.
~~ The battery seems to drain at the same rate whether the unit's powered on or not. It has a life of about 8 hours on standby - which isn't long enough to charge it overnight then be able use it when driving home in the evening.
~~ The volume is either too low or too high - no middle ground. This goes in both directions. My callers and I are constantly asking each other to either speak more loudly or speak more softly - sometimes in the same conversation.
~~ The noise reduction doesn't. If I'm in the car with the a/c on, my caller hears wind noise even though the window is closed and the a/c vent is pointed away from me.
~~ The voice recognition makes errors nearly all of the time. I don't have this problem with the phone by itself, without this gizmo. If I activate it (with difficulty) and say "Call Marc", it responds by (choose at random) calling Susan, calling Lee, telling me the current time, or asking me to please say a command... which it then refuses to recognize.

Overall, I find that the only way I can use this headset in the car is by following these highly annoying steps:
1) struggle with the thing to turn it on - assuming the battery still has some charge;
2) turn off the a/c so the unit doesn't pick up the noise;
3) take my eyes off the road long enough to dial by hand;
4) have a frustrating conversation in which I can't be heard or understood;
5) press End on my phone instead of hanging up by pressing the MF Button.
These steps mean that this unit isn't handsfree - which is required by law in my state and the only reason I bought this thing in the first place.

At least I didn't waste much money on it...