on December 21, 2012
First off, if you are not planning on playing PC games with this then still get it, but do it from EZBuyCafe. They are a superior seller. The only thing I would recommend that you get, apart from the obvious monitor, is this service pack 3 upgrade on Ebay (search - windows xp service packs 2 SP3. Awesome CD update XP ). The reason you want to get this is because you do get a factory reset CD for the Optiplex, but it restores it to SP2, when you would want SP3. SP3 is supported longer than SP2 so you get more recent updates that make the computer 10% - 15% faster, safer from the newer viruses and hacks, and able to support newer hardware. So that extra $10 is well worth your investment.

Now, with that said, this computer is quite possibly the best gaming PC for your dollar. However, it is not like that out of the box so I will give steps to make it much better while keeping it as cheap as possible. The only drive that I found that I needed to replace was the video card as the one they give you is really lacking. The best graphics card for your money, and one of the best that can be put in this older motherboard is on newegg just search Sapphire Radeon 7750 HD 1GB low profile ). The install of the graphics card is simple. Just make sure you actually use the installation CD they give you instead of trying to find the most updated one online. It is plenty to get this computer running great graphics without having to purchase additional power wattage. I think this computer has only a little over 300 which is low, but it still comes out as a great purchase. This computer is actually playing Fallout 3 and Skyrim which are huge games and it is playing them on HIGH quality with 0 load times and no noticeable shuttering or texture popping at all. If you bought what I told then it should cost under $350 and compare to PC desktops out that cost easily twice that. This is due to the fact that everything it comes with is very impressive.

It blows my mind that I spent less money on this computer and the Sapphire than I did on my 360 and it runs the same games easily 15xs better.

I will be releasing videos soon with me playing various games such as any Bethesda game, or Rockstar game to show how this is quite possibly the best PC built under $350.

And with that use the steam store to download the games and you will get incredible savings on just about all games out if you do it before January 5th
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 11, 2013
The machine came as promised and was actually a faster version of the Core2Duo than advertised. I am quite pleased, but I have two suggestions for the company.

1. Two of the USB ports on the quad bay in the back do not work. This is not a huge deal as the machine comes with 8 total ports but it would have been nice if they tested them.

2. The bios rev was out of spec quite a bit, it came with A10 and Dell is on A19. Updating that as a part of their standard testing would be a nice touch.

3. The 160G hard drive is sufficient but an upgrade to a 250 would have been appreciated, or perhaps for an extra 50.00 offer a 40G SSD.
on November 11, 2010
What a great seller!
Great selection, described so concisely that I could quickly select the best item for our needs. After ordering, I was notified that we needed the product sooner, so a quick email and followup phone call was all that was needed to change delivery date.
Super positive, kind and helpful on the phone...and the item arrived a day BEFORE I expected it!
Painless and timely...just what I needed!
I will definitely look for this seller when we need to shop again!
on February 17, 2014
These computers are business desktops and will last much longer than consumers desktops.
All you have to do is upgrade them for your needs. The system I received runs fine with Windows XP.

I upgraded hardware with Zotac GT440 Video card (recommended 300 watt power supply, uses MAX 65 watts) and added 8 Gigs of ram. Display is Westinghouse TV/Monitor running 1920 x 1080 no issue with graphics card! Using ASUS USB BluRay R/W for DVD and Blu-Ray to watch movies no issues. Also using HP Bluetooth wireless keyboard and keningston usb mouse no issues. Network is wireless DSL using hard wire for 755.

Loaded Steam gaming software running “Pool Nation” looks beautiful in 3D no issues!

Will upgrade OS to Win7, no issues are expected at this time.

Also have run “Linux Tails” with removable USB 16 Gig plugin no issues!! Any Linux will work.

Last thought adding SSD drive would be perfect.

Very good value for powerful system with a few add ins.

Hope this review helps, these are very good computers.
on May 1, 2013
I have been building computers for years & I am picky. I usually dont buy but in this case i thought what the hell what do i have to loose.

This computer is as it says, its awesome too. But as a builder i did of course make it better. It comes with a 160 sata drive & 2 dvd burners. the second burner (bottom bracket) did quit working a couple of days ago but i replaced it so no biggie. the on board graphics will play some major games but not all of em. no biggie i updated it to a EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1 GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 DVI/HDMI/VGA Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1302-LR now it runs all games and smoothly. the memory came with 3 gigs as listed i updated that to 22 gigs DDR2. Can you say FAST!! also bought a Sharkoon Skiller Gaming Keyboard & Jet Fighter Usb mouse. Along with a 27 in. flat screen, along with my system surround. & also installed 3 2.5 TB Sata Drives.

All in all seller you sold me an awesome computer, did a few minor upgrades made it better. I rate you a 10+++ Star.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 12, 2014
How can anyone take "Insanely Fast" seriously? I didn't. Nonetheless, I knew I wanted this machine. I NEEDED this machine. Why? Read on.

First and foremost, I'm a computer professional whose livelihood depends on XP. I have a huge suite of software that will not run on newer versions of Windows. Yeah, it is possible buy newer versions of most of that software; but we're talking thousands of $$$$$ here. And often the newer versions lack the look, feel and features I'm used to.

Okay, what about Dell? Well right now, I'm writing this review on an eleven year old Dell Dimension 8250 running XP Pro. That's not to say that it is the exact same machine I bought eleven years ago. Since then I have replaced hard drives, video cards and CD/DVD Rom drives. Legacy Dell parts are readily available all over the Internet. If the thought of opening up your computer and replacing stuff makes you uncomfortable, you ought to consider buying a new machine instead.

As other reviewers have noted here, the Optiplex 755 Mini-Tower (Dell's official name for this machine) is a rather barebones but rock solid machine built for business users. It has features you will not find on consumer PCs. To appreciate them all, I suggest you Google "optiplex 755 manual" - lotsa great stuff there!

So, knowing I wanted THIS machine with THIS OS, what did I do next? I went through Amazon's Marketplace vendors seeking a refurbished machine. Why refurbished? Simply put, a used machine is just that; used. The vendors that sell them are under no obligation to open them up to see what's inside. In fact, there could easily be dust bunnies and a variety of other problems that will greatly shorten the lifespan of the machine. A properly refurbished machine will be opened up, cleaned and have all individual components tested and replaced if necessary.

At the time I ordered this machine, there were only a couple of vendors offering it refurbished. One of them (I won't name the vendor) had the arrogance to state "since Microsoft no longer supports XP, we only offer this machine with Windows 7 installed". What's up with that!? The product was offered with XP installed. Period. A truly ethical vendor should have posted "we no longer carry this product".

I was left with only one choice for a refurbished machine -- from PC King Sales -- only two left according to Amazon at the time. I jumped on it.

What did I get? I may have just been lucky, but what I received was a machine with a few minor scratches outside, but IMMACULATE inside. The first thing I did when it arrived was to open the case and look inside. Wow! May as well have been brand new. Next I attached a keyboard, mouse and monitor and fired it up. It has been running continuously for two days now. No problems, certainly an adequate burn-in test. I also received a machine with a faster CPU and a much larger hard drive than what was in the product description.

In closing, when shopping Amazon Market place vendors, do your homework first. You could get as lucky as I did.
on April 16, 2013
The package arrived great and the tower works great. My husband is very happy with it and he says the graphics card is better than his old one. Thank you very much.
on January 13, 2013
The refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 (from Ezbuycafe) arrived in a very clean state with only minor blemishes to one side of the cabinet. It is a very fast, quiet machine and a big upgrade from my previous Pentium 3.0 hyperthreading CPU. The core2duo is able to run 2 programs at once with no stutter or slowdown. I am very impressed with the rapid boot speed. I am also impressed with how rapid it can open something like Excel or Word. (It opens Word as fast as you click it, same for Excel) For any of you that still uses Microsoft Front Page, this machine can open it in 1 second. I don't let tech devices impress me often but this computer IS impressive!
on January 12, 2012
Ordered the computer and it came in 2 days. It was all set up and runs great, and it was exactly as pictured.
on November 8, 2014
I bought this for my Business and Personal usage and named her Daria! as I name my technology =). I have not been let down so far as yes this PC is older and looking at you that you might choose something else but here's why I think if your on a budget or a certain price you'd like to spend this PC is perfect. Though I would do a Con and Pro list for anyone looking for a PC that In my opinion is a great computer and for the price it's really a great choice:

Pros:
CPU - Can be upgraded fairly cheaply - I have a Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Processor 3.0 which is a good processor but only 2 cores so I bought a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor 2.4GHz which has 4 cores and a better CPU for $28 Bucks!! on Ebay lol. Depending on what CPU comes with yours but no matter what if its not a Quad then upgrade that CPU!! It's cheap and will give your PC much longer life.

PSU- Power Supply Unit is a bit weak and if you want to enjoy modern games and have fun then A upgrade is the best and did I say Cheap? ARK ARK550 Black ATX 12V 550W Computer Power Supply here for $20 bucks and 3 months I have ran this and it runs so quite. Believe me if you want to play some games or watch that HD stuff this you will have to upgrade for a better Video Card.

Video - Lets be honest and that the integrated video sucks and even when it came out it still sucked lol! I know this wasn't designed for gaming but business but you can get away playing games. Now I will say this is not an Alienware Gaming PC and you will not be hard core gaming settings but you can play probably play anything you throw at this PC with in maybe lowering setting and such.
I bought a MSI ATI Radeon HD6450 1 GB DDR3 here for $40 bucks and runs 1080p like a champ! I also can run Resident Evil 5 on Medium settings but at least I can run this game lol. Now this is a decent video card for the price but for better gaming I'd recommend Sapphire Radeon R9 270 2GB GDDR5 for $170. I know thats alot more but it will fit and handle games much, much better plus when you build a new PC or get a new PC you then can transfer this card over and run it in Crossfire mode. Crossfire allows you to combine two video cards or more together using their GPUs. I REPEAT THIS DELL DOESN"T SUPPORT THAT so don't try it =) This is just if you want better gaming but the cheap card I have currently works perfect on Windows 8.1.

Hard Drive - Mine came with a 160 7200 RPM and back in 2007 that might of been decent or not but I recommend what I bought and that's a Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3 2.5. Also here at Amazon for $60 bucks!! Not only will this hard drive make your Dell seem like its on speed but everything is so snappy and much faster. I kid you not is I rebooted and went to the restroom and my Dell was already back on Desktop with in 5 minutes. I know its like 1 minutes in a half close to but its so fast! This is another cheap solution to make this PC much faster and get more out of it.

Memory - mine came with 2 GiGs which that's not nearly enough!! This PC believe it or not can have....wait for it.... a total of 16 GiGs memory!! DDR2 is the memory Crucial Technology CT25664AA800 2 GB 240-pin DIMM DDR2 PC2-6400. Think like $80 to bring her up to 8 gigs and made huge difference. Also remember the PSU I talked about upgrading? Well here's were it comes in to play. To get this PC up to 8 GiGs and to 16 GiGs that you must upgrade your PSU!! Your Bios also which Dell has that upgrade for you and is very easy. The old PSU is weak and wont recognize the new ram and won't boot!!

Cons:
Older PC:
This is an older PC like 2007 I believe so if you want this to be a hard core gamer then look else where. I'm sure these upgrades including the newer Video Card I linked will allow you to play many games with out issues I'm sure of but this is not a hard core gamer machine. Also like I said No Crossfire or SLI technology in this PC at all! So no improvements for those Video Cards.

Upgrades:
The upgrades are cheap but as you get higher with the Video Cards they can get more expensive and you have to be sure they can fit in your Dell! The Memory DDR2 is not cheap as I found 4GiG sticks on Ebay for 95!! so for 16 gigs your gonna pay almost $200 bucks!

Over All:

I paid $75 bucks for this PC, got 8 Gigs ram and soon 16, upgraded the Video and will do so again, SSD Hard Drive installed and PSU upgrade. I didn't spend alot of money around $250 - $300 and got a very reliable PC with the ability to upgrade a little further. I will more than likely have this PC all next year and 2016 as well from these upgrades. I will build my next desktop in late 2016 but this PC will still be used as a media server and such. I know most will hate on Dell but I have to say I have had Zero problems running Windows 8.1 and everything just works flawlessly. For the Price and the life you can get out of this PC I recommend it to anyone not wanting to spend lots of money on brand new PCs.