Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on November 12, 2010
I have had several of this type and thought it was time for a new one. Did not really need timer/clock and other complications and things to fail. Price is right, if you do not like the permanent filters buy the even cheaper one here. I have usually not cared for the permanent filters and this one does leave a little (very little) fine stuff in cup. I think the rinse and put back in is better than fighting to get just one filter out of a stack. My old 4 cup Mr C could use standard size filters (3 1/2 " 8-12 cup), think this one will also. It is very easy to dump a disposable filter out without dripping all the way to the trash can.

The top is a little hard to open but needs to be because it must hold down the pause and serve valve. It is fine after you get used to it. I ran three runs of water through before I made coffee and I feel that it makes great coffee. I timed it today and it was about 6 minutes from turn on to finished.

It could use a little better non-skid treatment on bottom. I find the pouring into reservoir and to cup about the best I have used in a long while. While the opening is a little small it is not that hard to wash the caraffe.

I almost bought a Keurig but jsut did not see paying .50 for a cup or messing with the other individual fill options. Not to mention the rather dear price up front.

One last comment, the listing says White but shows Black, I received black which is what I really wanted anyway.
0Comment|146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2012
I've bought many coffee pots through out the years and this one is by far the best. Easy to use and clean. Does not continue to drip coffee after being turned off. The heating plate is great, stays in pristine condition after months of use. I purposely waited to review it because I thought it would not hold up for this long, it's been almost four months and still in perfect shape. One of my best buys yet!
11 comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2011
This coffee maker is working real well so far. The 4 cups is the equivalent of 2 mugs worth of coffee...usually what I drink in the mornings. Brews pretty fast and the screen works just fine in place of the paper filters. I also use it to brew tea...just put the tea bag in the basket. Takes up much less space than the big boys.

Only CON is the time it takes to get the plastic smell and taste out of the final product....I'd guess at least 4-5 brew cycles needed.
on April 22, 2011
It is very easy to spill, unless you pour VERY slowly. It also makes coffee quickly, with no trouble. It's not slower or faster than any other similar coffee maker. But the first couple of pots will taste like plastic, even if you wash it, so I recommend brewing using vinegar a few times and then nothing but water for a couple of times before you use it to make coffee. They should tell you that in the instructions. My only other real complaint is that if you use the permanent plastic filter instead of a paper one, the coffee will be very weak. Also, if you are a heavy coffee drinker, buy yourself a regular coffee maker, not this one. The cups are only 5 oz each, not 8 oz. If you fill the pot to the rim it makes just enough coffee to fill two regular cups or travel mugs (not the jumbo kind). Perfect for one or two people who only need a single cup.
77 comments|153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2012
With everything goinng so electronic with lots of buttons these days, give me something simple to operate and that's why I got this coffee maker from Amazon, simple, just an on and off switch, and great price. And I never thought I would like a basket to hold the grounds and not use paper, but I'm glad I have this because it makes disposal so much easier. I don't want to press any more buttons or keys on anything unless I absolutely have to or WANT to. One more uncomplicated item in my home. You will love this little pot.
on January 11, 2011
I use this often. It does the job really well. You don't really get 4 cups of coffee but I guess that makes sense given the steam and the water that remains inside and in the grounds. I consistently get coffee at the 3 1/2 cup mark. I've had it about 3 months and it's held up really well, gold filter and all.
on October 1, 2010
I am the girl who has everything. Except for one thing. I never had a coffee maker. Can you believe it? Neither could I. Time to correct that. I saw this little cutie on Amazon and decided to try it out. The unboxing went fairly drama free (it took me a minute to get the tape off the top). I was happily surprised at how tiny it is, and the test run was fun. I was almost a little nervous (am I putting in the right amount of coffee...ooooh did I go a little bit over the line for the water?...You know...those things.) Put it like this...this machine is moron proof. It is so simple to operate that a five year old can do it. That's why I picked this machine. Not that I am a moron by any means, but really, in the morning do I really want to fuss with anything? And do I really know the night before that I will want a cup of coffee the next morning? Can I just have a machine that will brew me up a cup of Joe when I want it? No programming, no setting...just one button to push. So anyway...about 5 minutes later I was enjoying the best cup of coffee I've had in a very long time. Thank you so much, Mr. Coffee. I love it when something works even better than you thought it would. So I give this machine a big thumbs up and the cuteness of it with it's little baby carafe is killing me.
on September 23, 2014
I purchased this coffee maker in June 2014. It is a very simple coffee maker that has no timer or other frills, which I didn't need. I've really enjoyed the coffee maker up until today, September 23, 2014. Today, when I tried to brew my coffee, I turned on the switch but the heating element never heated up and the coffee never brewed. So, clearly, something blew up inside the coffee maker and I'm now on Amazon to find a replacement.
on February 8, 2015
Bought this in September to replace the identical unit my husband had owned for a year or so (that one finally had just too much calcification on the warming plate, necessitating replacement.)

This new unit's warming plate started rusting after two months, and is now COMPLETELY rusted! We always put the carafe back (fully dry) on the warming plate after it had cooled down...and it is totally shot after only 5 months? Junk. DO.NOT.BUY!!
review image
on April 10, 2015
Very simple and straightforward, it brews ordinary plain coffee. I use it couple times a week for 6 months, so far I cannot complain about weakness of the coffee or anything else. The kit filter is pretty easy to wash (I wash it along with other dish), I also rinse the brew basket and leave the coffeemaker open between using to let it dry inside.
Minus: very sharp edge of plastic holder inside the carafe that holds the handle. I have to be very careful when I wash inside of the carafe.
review image review image