Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

• Customer Reviews

VINE VOICEon January 26, 2012
I have only had the Miele (pronounced 'Mee-lah') S7260 Cat and Dog for a short time, but I have put it through its paces throughout the house, which is approximately 3500 sq. ft. and consists of all type of flooring - plush carpet, Berber carpet, wool area rugs, hardwood, ceramic tile, stair runners, etc. Barring anything happening to change my opinion (such as something breaking that shouldn't break, etc.), I really like this machine!

In the past, I have used bagless machines - which I hated because they are a filthy mess to empty. Also, if you have a dog with fur dander, the dander winds up plugging up all the inner suction holes and you have to use another vacuum to clean your vacuum (how stupid is that?), and they build up odor that you can't get rid of. So - nothing for me without a good bag system, thank you very much. Had an Oreck XL-21 (top of the line when purchased) that has served us pretty well for many years, but because of some issues with the Oreck store and how they do business (won't go into that here) I ruled out any future purchase. I did quite a lot of research on selecting the new vacuum, and the Miele models were always at the top of the lists, including Good Housekeeping and Consumer Reports.

The S7260 Cat and Dog is essentially the same vac as the other S7200 series Miele vacs, which are all built the same and only differ in certain options that you may or may not be interested in (like automatic settings and touch controls versus knobs, etc.). The Cat and Dog comes with an activated charcoal exhaust filter that cleans the output air to 99.5% (versus 99.8% with a HEPA) for particles of 3 microns. What the activated charcoal provides though, is removal of odors from the exhaust air - like pet dander smells and general "dusty" smell that is noticeable from most machines as the bag gets fuller. This works extremely well, and the air is not only very clean but odor free. The Cat and Dog also includes the Miele Turbo Brush attachment, which the other models do not. This attachment is very useful for stairs with carpet, dog beds, hard to reach carpeted areas, auto floor mats, etc. It has a roller brush that is activated by the airflow rather than a motor. It does a generally good job of getting the hair off of things, though you do have to spend a little time developing the right "touch", because too much pressure on the tool will stop the brushes.

The onboard accessories (or tools) include an upholstery tool, round brush with soft natural hairs, long crevice tool. The tools are housed on the back of the vac unit, and are very easy to extract and replace with one hand while you're working - handy when changing tools as you go along. The removable hose is claimed to extend 12 or 15 feet, but that might be a stretch (pun intended). However, working in a 8 to 10 foot area from the vac, it does very well. The hose has a pivoting elbow connection at the bottom that you lock into place when using, and it prevents the machine from tipping. This works very well, and also allows the upright to 'follow' you as you move along. For stairs, it is not too likely that you'll get all the way up an entire flight, though I did come close. Our 9 ft. ceilings give us an extra long staircase, and I got to about 3 from the top and didn't want to try to pull the hose any further. What I did was relocate the vac to the top of the stairs and fed the hose through the spindles of our upstairs railing (to prevent it tumbling down the stairs). That worked great.

The extension on the hose has a nice handle, and telescopes to give further reach. It is quite nice and easy to use. In fact, I plan to use a good floor brush in the future and this will be the perfect length for that.

The SWIVEL ability of the S7260 is fantastic! You can glide this vac into and under things very easily with almost no effort. In fact, the swivel handle combined with the 360 degree rubber castors makes this machine a joy to use. Despite its weight, it is very easy to guide it anywhere you want.

LIKES:
- Solid, quality feel overall. This feels like it is worth what you paid for it.
- Amazing power that really gets the carpets and floors clean, and is adjustable for heavy or delicate work.
- The swivel ability is terrific. Maneuvers like a sports car.
- Onboard extension hose and attachments - convenient and work well.
- Ability to switch off the powered brush easily when moving from carpet to hardwood or tile.
- Rubber wheels that are quiet and won't scratch your expensive floors.
- Long 39 ft. cord
- Turbo brush accessory
- Goes almost perfectly flat to get under furniture.

DISLIKES -or- Compromises
- Heavy. This is a compromise of course, because this thing is built solidly.
- I've noticed that the power cord gets warm when in use. Probably (hopefully) nothing.
- Expensive replacement materials: Bags are just shy of $5 each, and replacement (annually) filters are in the $50 range.

I hope this review was not too wordy. When I was researching, I wanted as much information as I could find, especially from owners/users and I have tried to provide the type of info I was looking for. I will also post some photos, as the one photo on the page didn't show very much.
review image review image review image review image review image
1818 comments|545 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2012
Here are my thoughts about the Miele Cat and Dog S7260 Vacuum
First, I would like to preface this review with some information I think is relevant. Prior to my purchase of the Miele Cat and Dog, I owned a Royal canister vacuum for about 14 years. It was extremely powerful, and for 14 years I thought it was the greatest vacuum cleaner ever. Mostly. The only things I didn't like about it were that it was a little unwieldy to lug up and down the stairs and the air that it spewed didn't smell very good. Oh, and truthfully it really wasn't pretty (a minor thing, but still). So naturally when it came time to find a new vacuum I checked out Royals first. Well, let's just say the quality has gone way down hill for that company. Still looking for a high-quality, powerful vacuum, my research then led me to Miele. I ended up deciding on the S7260 partly because we have a cat and dog, but also because I decided an upright might be easier to deal with and because the long hose attachment made it have the compactness of an upright with the flexibility of the canister. Also, I am okay with not paying extra for the "automatic" features of the more expensive vacuums in this line since I am mostly interested in the suction power. In many ways it has lived up to expectations, but I have had some quality issues described below. So here are some specifics:
Pros
* The maneuverability of this machine is amazing. And I realize that I have been out of the vacuum market for quite some time, but really it rocks. I can get to places I was never able to with my old vacuum. This is by far my favorite thing about the C&D and you don't know how great it is until you try it (even if you watch the promotional videos).
* The suction power combined with the speed of the rotating brush make my carpets feel better than they ever have. I guess this is really the best feature and should have been first, but I was expecting power.
* The bags and filters are wonderful. Not only does it not smell bad, I now realize how much dirt I must have been spewing back out into the house with my old vacuum. The vacuum bags are amazing (and I know this because I dissected one) and trap so much stuff - so much more of the fine stuff than my old vacuum bags - and then there are two additional filters. I haven't even tried the hepa filters yet because I think the ones that come with it already do a significantly better job than the bag and "filter" in my old vacuum. The bags are also pretty big (bigger than my old vacuum for sure) so I think they will last a while.
* It's pretty. Although I would have rather had another color than white, the vacuum does look nice. Again, not really a big deal, but a nice bonus.
* It is compact and pretty easy to haul around. I don't know how it compares in this regard to other uprights, but it is much easier to store than my canister was with the big long hose flopping around.

Cons (yes, there are some)
* It is a little heavy. I don't know if this is really a con for me, but if you are looking for something light weight, this isn't it. I want cleaning power so I am willing to put up with the weight.
* The instructions say that if you want to clean up against the wall that you need to use the front of the machine. In some vacuums you can clean along the wall with one side or the other. Not a huge deal until you come to the hallway and have to keep twisting the vacuum so the front is against the wall. And even with the super-manueverability of the vacuum, there are some places in my house where this just isn't possible without much furniture moving. I think if I had lots of long narrow hallways I would hate this feature. And truth be told even with the front against the wall, I don't think it does a fabulous job on the edges. I know that's what the crevice tool is for, but I hate using that.
* One of the supposed selling points of this vacuum is the extra hand tool that you get. I say "meh." First of all there is no place to store it on the machine, so I have a hard time keeping track of it. Second, I am not all that impressed with it. The air driven brush stops turning unless you hold it in a very specific way and I think that when you hold it that way there is less suction. I find it difficult to use and really not any better at picking up fur than the standard attachments.

Also, if you live in a small town away from major cities you may have difficulty getting it repaired. Which leads me to my main "con." I have owned this about a year and it has already been to the repair shop twice. I am not sure what happened the first time, but I believe is was a result of shipping damage (and I will say it was not packaged all that well, just in what looked like the Miele packaging the store received it in) that was not immediately apparent. The second time was definitely a quality issue as the on/off switch got stuck in the "on" position and the repair guy said this is not an unusual problem. Thankfully - and kudos to Miele for this - both repairs were covered under the warranty, but still it is a pain to have to take your vacuum in to get repaired and in my case since I live in the boonies it takes forever to get parts and the vacuum is at the repair shop for a month. I am especially disappointed because I had an expectation that, being a Miele, (and with the expensive price tag) this would be an extremely reliable machine. Now I just keep wondering what will happen next. If I had reviewed this vacuum when I first got it I probably would have given it 5 stars, but I have to drop it down to 3 stars because of the lack of reliability I have experienced so far. I also have to say that I am not so sure buying this particular item online was the best way to go.
33 comments|244 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2011
I have used Kirby, Rainbow, and several other high end vacuums. The Miele S7260 is by far the best vacuum I have used in its price range. Much better design than the Dyson Ball. The Dyson Ball will not roll under furniture but the Miele lays completely flat and turns better than a Dyson Ball. The vacuum is powerful, quiet, and I enjoy using it. I ended up purchasing the unit from Carmens Vacuum and Janitorial in Columbus Ohio. The owner was very helpful and couldn't recommend any other vacuum in the store. I asked if price was not a problem what vacuum would you buy? He said the Miele upright. I compared several other $500-$800 vacuums and went with the Miele. Carmens offered a 7 year full warranty at no cost. The S7260 comes with the LED lights and the pet filter. I won't post the price but I couldn't find a better deal; not even on Amazon. The only difference in the more expensive S7 units is the top air flow control knob. One is manual like the S7260 and the more costly ones are automatic. I preferred the manual control and it was $150 cheaper. The motors, filters, bags, lights all exactly the same.
22 comments|146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 26, 2012

LIKES:
- The swivel ability is terrific. Maneuvers like a sports car.
- Onboard extension hose and attachments - convenient and work well.
- Rubber wheels that are quiet and won't scratch your expensive floors.
- Long 39 ft. cord
- Turbo brush accessory
- Goes almost perfectly flat to get under furniture.

DISLIKES -or- Compromises
- Heavy. This is a compromise of course, because this thing is built solidly.

review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2013
After eyeing this vacuum for months -- and biting my nails about the price -- I finally decided to go ahead and take the plunge. I usually buy everything through Amazon (I'm in love with Prime shipping), but the return policy for this vacuum was "meh." I managed to find an online retailer with free overnight shipping both ways and 30-day returns, so in just over a day, I became the proud owner of a shiny new Miele. Previously, we've had Dysons: the original yellow ball and the pet version. Each died after about 4-5 years, and each had issues with the motor or -- gasp! -- losing suction. The Dyson Animal, by the end of its life, wasn't much of an animal at all. We replaced it with an inexpensive Hoover Windtunnel P.A.W.S., calculating that if we had to buy a new vacuum every year it would still equal the cost of just one Dyson. The Hoover was OK at first, but after only two weeks it started to get that awful exhaust smell from pet hair and dander. And when I say awful, I mean AWFUL. From experience, cleaning the inside of a bagless vac doesn't solve these problems, it just makes the smell and stench worse! So, I was drawn back to the Miele, with its bagged system and product claims of no smell, no dust, and unrivaled cleaning power. We have two Cardigan Welsh Corgis (who shed like crazy) and two cats, which means we have to vacuum all the time or risk boulder-sized pet hair tumbleweeds. If any house is a good test for this pet vac, ours is.

So, does the Miele live up to its claims? Here are my initial impressions:

PROS

- The construction. Holy cow. When people talk about this looking and feeling like a high-end sports car, they aren't kidding! It's like comparing a Lexus and a Geo. The quality of the construction, the weight and choice of materials...all I can say is "wow." It's sleek and sexy (did I just write that?). It's also put together like a tank: strong and durable. The Miele makes the Hoover look like a plastic toy.

- The way it cleans. Back when I was wavering between the Dyson and the Miele, I saw a video where the Miele sucked up a bunch of smushed-in dirt in a single pass, whereas the Dyson took a few passes to get the job done. This tipped the scales to the Miele, and let me tell you, the Miele does not disappoint. We have tile floors, area rugs, and berber. On our tile, lots of "pet crud" gets caught where the tile meets a step or a cabinet base. It usually took a few passes with the Dyson to get it all. The Miele sucks up every last speck in ONE pass. The Miele also sucks right up to the edge of the cleaning head, whereas the Dyson -- at least on the pet model -- seemed to suck further back from the edge. Better yet, the Miele sucks up large particles, like Cheerios or cat litter, with no issue. Some other vacs will spit big particles out or turn them into mini-projectiles if you have the beater bar on. Not so with the Miele. I have noticed that the Miele doesn't "pull in" pet hair from far away like the Dyson does, but I believe this same feature on the Dyson actually stirred up dust.

- The cleaning head. The Dyson cleaning head (again for the pet model) was tall and bulky, and it wouldn't fit under my kitchen cabinets. It was an annoying design flaw. I don't have this issue with the Miele; its sleek, tapered head slides right under everything. The Miele also has a light on the front to show you all of the gross dirt that's accumulated; grime that you normally might not see. Point, Miele. The Miele also touts that it cleans just as well when laying flat. Now, I didn't think I would care about this feature, but, in my case, it means that the Miele easily cleans under sofa corners and our pool table -- places that the Dyson couldn't reach. Another point to the Miele.

- The swivel. The swivel takes some getting used to, but I like it. You can easily maneuver around objects, furniture, and tight corners. I read in a review somewhere that the Miele only picks up from the very front edge of the cleaning head, and that you need to keep swiveling it to vacuum "head-first." I haven't noticed this myself and am able to use it like any other vacuum.

- It smells clean. Time will be the test on this one, but there is NO smell when using the Miele. In fact, the house actually smells much cleaner afterwards! (I believe someone else mentioned this in their review, and it's true!) And guess what? I don't see the usual coating of dust on everything. Yay, Miele. I can't wait to see if the Miele will cut down on dusting overall.

- The adjustable suction strength. I like that I can adjust the beater bar AND the suction power. I also like the positioning of all of the buttons and on/off switches. Do I regret not spending more to have the digital suction selection vs. the knob that comes on the pet model? Nope. The turn-knob works perfectly.

- The sound. Ahhhh. It's so quiet.

CONS

- The weight. So, by now, I am sure you have read countless reviews about the weight of this thing. I read them, too, and thought to myself, "Bah! Weight, schmeight! I can handle it." Well, the weight is not so great. If you don't have the beater bars turned on (say, when vacuuming a tile floor) the weight is *very* noticeable. When you have the beater bars on, they help to move the vacuum along, and in this case the weight is less of an issue. Note: If you have any issues with your joints and/or tendons, as I do (even though I am still young), the weight of this vacuum will wear on you a bit.

- The placement of the extension wand. While the extension wand is beautifully designed and crafted with top-notch materials, it's side placement is, well, blah. You have to lock the extension tube in place (make sure you read about this in the owner's manual) and position the vacuum at just the right angle so the tube doesn't pull the vacuum along while you use the wand. The flexible tubing for the wand also takes some time to "break in" before it will extend to its full length. I even called Miele's customer support about all of this, thinking I was doing something wrong. (I wasn't.) It also takes longer to pull the wand out and put it back in, whereas the Dyson was a swift in-and-out-and-you're-done motion. On the Dyson, the wand's center position is much more user-friendly. The Dyson wins on this particular feature, hands down. Is it enough to make me return the Miele? No. But, I don't like it as much.

- Low-pile area rugs. I have an oriental area rug in our main room that gets covered with pet hair. All of our previous vacuums have cleaned it with no issues. The Miele, however, was slipping and sliding all over this rug like the rug was made of ice! In addition to the slipping and sliding, I couldn't get the vacuum to move in a straight line (on this particular rug) due to the swivel head. It was bizarre. After trying different suction settings, I finally called Miele customer service (who, for the record, was exceptionally helpful and nice). They admitted that something in the weave of the rug might be causing the issue, as they have heard this complaint before; they suggested trying different vacuum strokes, angles, suction power, etc. I managed to find a solution that worked -- vacuuming with short little strokes -- but I wouldn't have expected this issue from a high-end vacuum.

- The placement of the handle. Because the vac's lift handle is on the back, and because the cleaning head is built to accomodate flat vacuuming, if you have to lift the vacuum up to position it over something -- like a small entry rug -- forget about it. When you lift the vacuum up while it is running, the front cleaning head flops around like a fish. Instead, you need to either: 1) click the vacuum back to its full upright position and THEN lift it, or 2) use the foot pedal to lift the front end of the cleaning head up over whatever you need to get on top of. When the handle is in the front, as it is on bagless vacs, none of this is a problem. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I can't help but think that a better design would have made this a non-issue.

- You don't see the dirt. What? How can this be a con? Well, I am used to "seeing" the dirt I vacuum up (in the bagless bin), so it's a little weird not to "see" how effective the Miele is on surfaces like rugs and carpet. Sure, my rugs and carpets feel clean and fluffy after vacuuming -- and my tile floors are spotless when I am done -- but not seeing the dirt, as you do with a bagless vac, is something you might need to get used to.

- The accessories. The dusting brush that comes with the unit, while good for baseboards and corners, is way too small for regular dusting. I had a really nice dusting tool on my Dyson and I miss it. I already invested in Miele's flexi-hose. I am sure a bigger dusting tool will be my next investment, or maybe I can find a converter so I can still use my Dyson tools.

So, that sums it up, as far as first impressions go. I'll post an update again in a few months!
22 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2012
In our home, we have 3 big dogs who generate a LOT of dust, dirt, and shedding hair. Vacuuming was always a challenge, and our previous machine was definitely not up to the task. We were initially thinking of buying the Dyson Animal, but then we started doing the research & discovered that Dysons are mostly hype. We couldn't afford a vacuum as expensive as a Rainbow, so I kept looking at reviews. Before long, I read about Miele. All the Miele models had excellent reviews pretty much everywhere I checked. We chose to go with an upright, and quickly zeroed in on the S7260 Cat and Dog as our first choice. There is a store in our town that sells and services Miele, but their price was not competitive with Amazon, especially when the sales tax was added. This vacuum is wonderful! It is the quietest vacuum I've ever used, which is not really crucial to performance, but it sure is nice. The machine is extremely well-designed. The buttons and controls are placed intuitively, so there's not a lot of awkward reaching around for things. The attachments are the same way...they fit together and operate in a way that feels natural and smooth. The machine is counterweighted in the back, so when you have the attachment hose in use the machine will not suddenly tip over. The bags are designed with a baffle in the middle, so as the dirt and dog hair gets sucked in it is compressed down into a small wad, maximizing the life of the bag. We haven't had to change the bag yet, and we've had the vacuum for about 3 months. The motor is powerful and the "suckability" of this vacuum is fantastic. It pulls up ALL of the dust, dirt, and pet hair in the carpet. We bought a generic attachment to use for the ceiling fans, and it works great for that. We have vacuumed the drapes all over the house & they look great. Obviously, we are super-happy with the Miele!
on February 28, 2012
This is the best vacuum I've come across. I had done as much research as I could withstand trying to decide on the bagless type that is pretty much taking over the vacuum industry OR the bag-type that requires extra costs. I always prefer to have a nice clean bag to capture all the dirt and hair and who knows what else and just be able to pull it out and throw it away. I can't imagine dumping from a canister everything I sucked up, only to have it fly up back into the air when I throw it away. So I tried to find some decent vacuums that had bags. It wasn't easy...but I had ended up finding an Oreck store and for whatever reason they had Miele vacuums there too. I tested both the Orecks and Mieles and fell immediately in love with the upright Mieles. Even though it is a bit heavy, the way it maneuvers and swivels helps get rid of the struggle I had with my other heavy vacuum that would make me feel exhausted afterwards.

Here's a list of things of why I love this vacuum:
-long cord
-quiet yet strong motor
-different settings based on surface type
-nice light, helps keep me from turning on every single light in my place
-many different tools to attach
-love the turbo attachment, allows me to suck all the cat fur off my couch
-great looking design and sturdy materials
-love that I can use a HEPA filter instead of the carbon one if i wanted to
-can lay down flat while vacuuming
-makes my cheap carpet look almost new again :)

All in all, I love this vacuum. Managed to get some free bags on special when I got the vacuum. So far I haven't had to replace the bag though. The indicator on the vacuum hasn't even hit halfway yet. By the way, I also realized after I fell in love with the vacuum at the store that my parents and my brother also own Miele vacuums. One of them has had theirs for at least 10 years and it still works well!
on December 10, 2011
I purchased this vacuum after extensive research and pouring through tons of reviews and seeing first hand demonstrations with various vacuum cleaners, including more expensive cleaners. I have had it two months now and I can emphatically say "I love cleaning" with this machine!

It glides effortlessly and picks up everything... the suction is phenominal... and so, you will need to use a little extra caution and be ready to hit the off button when you accidently start sucking up something you didn't think was going to get sucked in, (loose wires by the baseboard or that little area rug).

One of the biggest factors for me was that I had the supplier swap out the charcoal filter for the HEPA filter. Instead of 5 microns that the charcoal filter gets down to, the HEPA is at 3. The charcoal filter is primarily for odors, of which I don't have a problem with. My issue has been dust. When I used to vacuum with my old die-hard Eureka, it always left dust on EVERYTHING...(yuck). I constantly had a film of dust on my television, computers, stereo equipment... everything. Once I used the Miele's extension hose and on board tools to vacuum up the furniture and electroincs, etc, then vacuumed the floors...oila- NO DUST. In fact, instead of dusting twice a week, I haven't had to dust for three weeks now!

That's right- THREE WEEKS... dust free, and allergy free. And my dog is an Akita, and when they shed, oh boy, it's a mess. But this vacuum gets all the hair off my carpets.

I will admit that I didn't buy this through Amazon, however. So you suppliers that sell through Amazon- take note. Every supplier was selling this cleaner for the same money. I didn't find any lower deals out there on Amazon or elsewhere. The difference was, the place I bought it from changed out the filter for me at no charge AND, (this is important to me), shipped it next day air at no extra charge! All of the suppliers that filled the order for this listed on Amazon either shipped it off in several days or even weeks and some even charged a shipping charge. Remember, it pays to look and shop. As much as I wanted to buy this through Amazon, I didn't want to wait for the product.

With that being said, this Miele vacuum is by far one of the best investments I have ever made. And I had a difficult time rationalizing spending this much money on a vacuum cleaner... but I am certainly glad that I did.

MR
Colorado
on September 22, 2012
First off, I need to credit Amazon Prime. I paid an extra $8 and had the vacuum within 30 hours of ordering. Our household is such that we just cannot go any length of time without a vacuum. Ordered Friday morning, received the vacuum Saturday morning.

I purchased the Miele after our Dyson Animal broke down for the second time in less than 2 years. We have a cat and three dogs to keep up after. Two of the dogs are large with long hair which means vacuuming is a daily chore. The Dyson worked well, when it worked, but did not last and seemed to require a lot of fussing with in order to keep keep running.

Now, on to the Miele. Compared the the Dyson Animal, the Miele Cat and Dog is a dream to use. The Miele is significantly quieter than the Dyson, much easier to move, does a great job on carpets and an outstanding job on bare floors.

The only real problem I have with the Miele is that it requires a bag. In our household, it may very well turn out the bags are a considerable expenditure. The upside to the vacuum bag, though, is there should not be the dust problem that is encountered when emptying bagless vacuums.

Bottom line, my initial impression is of a well engineered and designed vacuum. If you're thinking about the Dyson Animal, you should just go ahead and step up to the Miele.

Please check back, as I plan to add to this review after we've had the Miele a few months.

1 week after purchase: After the next use, we will be replacing the bag for the first time. Considering our household and the amount of vacuuming we do, it is impressive the bag lasted a week. It is also nice to be able to take the vacuum out, use it and put it away without emptying the cannister, like we had to do with the Dyson. Not having to deal with the dust from emptying a bagless container is definitely a plus.

1 month after purchasing: Replacing vacuum bags is a non issue from a cost standpoint. From a dust and dirt standpoint, there is no comparison to any bagless vacuum. It is simply easier and cleaner to replace a bag versus emptying a cannister from a bagless vacuum. Spend the money on the Miele if you are vacuuming several times a week. Hands down the best vacuum my wife and I have ever used.

January 2013: This is a great vacuum and worth every penny. My wife and I cannot say enough good things about our Miele vacuum.
on April 18, 2011
I have purchased everything from the hoover brands to the Oreck. Most were full of brittle cheap plastic and if we got a year out of one it was a miracle. This vacuum, while pricey, appears to be the real deal.

Well built with what appears to be abs plastic, thick bumper guards, a bright LED light, a dedicated carbon filter, it does a great job cleaning, which, well, its supposed to do!

To use the accessories, you whip out the telescoping hose which has a separate handle and you are cleaning drapes in 5 seconds flat, no messing around.

The cord is a different material than most other vacuum cords, it does not tangle and knot the way most others do, it remains very smooth, hard to explain.

The bags seem small compared to the other vacuums I have had.

Easy to put together, snap the handle down in and you are good to know.

The vacuum is rather heavy, but with the swivel head, its barely noticeable, as the vacuum stays down and is very easy to navigate around objects, without jerking or lifting or repeated repositioning.

There are higher priced vacuums in the line, due to more electronics sensors etc, but have the same motor and basic design, no improvement in cleaning power.

All in all, I have great hopes for this machine, only time will tell!
66 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse