Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on November 5, 2014
So Far So Good.

I love this lil guy here. I have rocked it more than any of my other watches mainly because I rock casuals more these days. This watch is good for the gym, jogging and what not. My brothers made fun of it when they saw it and to shut them up I dropped it in a bucket of water for a few minutes. See, I was following the other reviews so I decided to put it to the test - blind faith.

It came out alive and kicking. I use it a lot because it has two time zones, I alternative between two time zones because of my work and other activities. I also like that it is very comfortable to wear.

It is simple and gets the job done. Nothing fancy which will cause stirs but functional and of course it can cause stirs if you use at a swimming pool without freaking out.
review image
on August 19, 2011
This watch has day of week, day of month, military/regular time, year, set alarm, optional hour alarm, stop watch that goes on for who knows how long, 2nd time zone (for if you want to keep track of time half way across the world or something), and a light up turquiose button on the right bottom. This watch looks exactly like the picture and functions like my old watch (which got damaged due to a quick submerge in the water).

So if you've used a watch before and know all of its functions, this watch's functions should be a sinch. If you don't, just play around, and you'll get it!

I have not tested its water properties, but it seems like a good watch for the price.

The box came in with those air bags and a smaller box for watches. I knew it was my watch when I shook the box. Very nice watch.

Update: Still using this watch like the day I bought it as of beginning of school year 8/22/2012. Battery has not died yet and showing no signs of it! Looove it. Also, this IS a manly watch[; heh. I haven't tested the waterproof-ticity.
77 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2013
I bought this watch to wear in uniform while deployed. Basic black digital watch. That's why I purchased it. It keeps time well and is easily able to go from military time to civillian time. The watch also has a second time zone function which I enjoy so that I can easily tell what time it is back home for when I want to skype with family. Watch has an alarm feature and a feature to beep every hour, which can be adjusted on or off. Stop watch feature works well and is easy to access. It lasts 5 seconds after pressed. Light up display is easily activated and while active the watch is very visible in the dark. Would reccomend, especially for the price. I've owned various G-Shock watches and this one is no different in function for a fraction of the price. Watch looks exactly like picture. Does not come with instruction manual but I found one easily through google.
on July 18, 2014
Here is my review for Armitron Sports Men's Watch

The reason I got this watch was because I am a lifeguard and I needed something that can take a beating in water. I've been in depts of 20 feet with this watch and up to 8 hours on some days. This watch won't give up. I have owned this watch for about 4 years know and I still use it to this day. I didn't want to pay the expensive price of a G Shock so I got this. It's cheap and all my friends thinks it's a G Shock. My boss loved this watch so much she took it, so I had to buy another one. What is the point of buying a $100+ watch when you can get this watch that does the same exact thing. Thank you Armitron.

Pros- Very strong, easy to use, water resistant, comfy,

Cons- None found.
on May 12, 2015
Pros:
- Good watch for the price
- Feature list is great for a sub-$20 watch
- Durable/Waterproof
Cons:
- Wristband can crack after a while (1.25 yrs for me)
- Scratches on the face are pretty noticeable after prolonged use
Conclusion: If you know you're gonna wear this all the time (as I did), invest in a slightly more expensive watch so it can take the wear and tear.
review image review image
on July 14, 2012
My son loves this watch. It replaced his other Armitron watch. We were going to get a new band for the other watch but I thought he needed something more sturdy. And I was right he loves this rugged looking watch.
on July 18, 2013
I probably have about 100 watches. Some very expensive mid prices and cheaper watches. Well here is an inexpensive watch that you get MORE than you pay for. It has dual time chronograph 100 meter water resistance. AND you REALLY can see the time when you press the backlight. BIG numbers. Honestly one of the best digital displays. It is a very comfortable watch to wear. Great for military. I would buy 2 for that so I had a backup.
on February 12, 2014
Overall a Nice watch...

Somethings I liked about it-

Looks awesome
Very Light Weight
All the basic functions are there.. easy to use
Easy to read at night due to screen illumination
Price was great

Edit 02/17/14: Tested for waterproof in swimming pool and hot tub. Works perfect.
on March 16, 2016
So, i got the Armitron Sport Men's 408209BLK Digital Watch in Black. This is my second watch i bought from Armitron. I decided to buy this watch because i've had a wonderful experience with the first watch from this brand, but i just wanted a Black color. Basically, this watch is sick. After 5 months of usage, this watch still looks in excellent condition and this is the only watch i wear because it matches with anything i wear. The face of the watch is a win. I like how the time pops to tell the time easy, unlike some other digital watches. The text is very clear to read. The time also features the seconds, day, and date (number). The interface is simplistic, yet very nice to look at. You can easily activate the 24 hour clock with just one tap on the top left (reset) button. If you press and hold the top right (st/stp) button, it reads the year, month and date (numbers). You can set a second time and display it by pressing the lower left (mode) button 3 times, then it goes back to your main time in about 1 minute. The lower right (el) button activates the night screen. To change the settings to your preference is not hard. I never had any accidental button presses. The fit is really good. I have pretty small wrists for a male. I usually have the watch clipped around the third hole (having 6 holes above it). The band feels real nice, it is light and does not feel uncomfortable. As for liquid contact, I've had no damages to this watch. I don't get too much water on this watch, but when i do, i never freak out because i've gone through it many times to not worry. When it is raining, i am washing my face, washing my car, and sweating are the only times my watch had liquid contact. I am very satisfied with how water resistant this watch is. Overall, i recommend this watch to anyone who wants a watch that has everything you need for all around activities + still has that nice & simplistic look. I am looking forward to the upcoming months with this same watch!
review image review image
on August 23, 2014
I am a chinese customer and bought this watch for daily use. After waited for a few days, I got this watch. By the way, I need to mention that the DHL is really fast, they spent only 3 days to ship this watch from Amazon in USA to me in shanghai China, great job!! Now I am wearing this watch. I find this watch is beautiful, covenient and just what I want. If the watch battery can last long enough such as half a year, I would say this watch is perfect watch for its price. Whatever, this is really amazing experience for me to buy this watch from Amazon.
review image review image review image