Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on February 22, 2011
I'm sure this computer has more things I can do but I just haven't had time. Do I use the touch feature... no... but I love the size of the screen - it is HUGE!!!! highly recommended to those that hates reading from the small monitor... yes I can't go back to 17 inch... Even at work - I'm considering asking for a larger screen since I am spoiled at home. This computer came with a frigging remote control,... yes you heard me a remote control for watching movies/dvds I guess... no I haven't tried that too.... This has tons of features but like anything else you need to learn how to use it. Processing wise it has been great. Haven't seen blue screen of death and the speed is phenomenal. Hope this helps. Reasons I got it - big screen, i5 processor, 1T storage....
on March 18, 2011
Ordered this computer with high hopes. It did sound excellent.

The first finally was returned after hours on the phone with tech support. They said it had a defective motherboard. OK, that happens, I guess, and the company honored the return policy. I ordered a second. That one kept on having problems, among them, ladybugs landing on the screen or breathing on the screen would change it at random. More hours (yes, hours!) with tech support on the phone.

They finally said they would send a technician to repair it. They overnighted two boxes of parts (hey, the computer is only 10 days old!), and confirmed (three times) that the technician would come in four days. On the day of the appointment I waited 7 hours (calling several times), and the technician did not show.

I will say that the computer was very good, when it worked, but this level of frustration is not acceptable to me. I still have two boxes of unopened parts, no idea what is in them, and calls to HP to return them yielded nothing. Of course, the second Touchsmart went back. The company did honor its 21-day return policy. Both times.

I am now on an Apple all-in-one. It is challenging switching, but the in-store tutoring is phenomenal, and I'm very pleased.

Bottom line: maybe I just had two lemons, but the company really blew it as far as I am concerned. (Anyone want a couple of boxes of parts for this product? Free? Just pay the postage.)

Good luck!
55 comments15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2010
This purchase was made as a gift for a University student, our daughter. Space considerations and functionality were special requirements. This gift more than met expectations. Indeed, I intend to acquire it or a successor model as soon as my current desktop needs replacement. Its speed, small footprint, capacity, lack of wiring clutter, touch control and among the praise I have heard from this student.
11 comment17 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2011
The computer is fantastc, very fast and user friendly.

Installation is very simple and setup a piece of cake.

I remember my old computer where i had a ton of cables all over the desk, this computer uses a limited amount of cables and it has a small cabinet on a side where cable management is done easy and cleanly.

The only thing i dislike is the fact that HP charges for the usage of installed games in the computer
on July 30, 2011
I've had this computer for several months now and it is wonderful. So far, no problems. The touchscreen is very responsive and accurate. I've never used the HP software that is installed, but it serves my purposes well. It NEVER crashes, unless I do something stupid, and all software I download from the internet works fine, including 32-bit and 64-bit.

The dedicated graphics works great for Adobe After Effects CS5. My older computers can barely render the videos. I can also play my AVCHD full HD raw footage from my Panasonic HDCSD9 1080p camcorder.

If you are interested in this computer just for the touchscreen novelty, you may be disappointed after a short few weeks. The novelty can and will wear off and you'll be right back to the mouse and keyboard. But if you are like me and have practical uses for a touchscreen, then it is a great feature. Unless you plan on standing while using the computer, you may have to get creative to use the touchscreen comfortably.
33 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2011
This computer's TV feature allows TV guide, recording,playback, like having a built-in DVR. Allow the play (full-screen or size-able to a corner) "news & stuff" while you do computer things, work or play.
Magnificent computer screen and fast operation. . . . can't beat it!
on January 23, 2011
Graphics display was on the fritz on arrival. Used tech support to no avail, had to return. I loved everything else about it, and wish it had been recalled prior and I would be sooo happy. HP is the best on the market, but this one does have an inherent problem.
0Comment7 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2011
After ordering the Touchsmart PC, Have fount out that HP has rolled out the new 610T series that the screen can lay flatter on desk.
The price is competitive. That sucks.

Got my PC yesterday and got all the needed softwares installed. Have connected to cable so that I can watch TV.
It does me a while to fuigure it out by going thru the material then HP helpdesk put out. At the end, I only got
about 15 channelsa and some are HD channel. will spend sometime next to figure out how I can pop the screen on my HDTV.
It is using an i5 processor, however, it takes a while to get it started. Tried to set the clock, Am I staying in Central US?
(Minnesota?) .. Somehow the clock is one hour ahead. At the end, I am totally lost on time.

There are a lot of plastic shields to peel off. When I tried to pull the leg out so that the PC can stand up, it is
fragile. I was afraid to break it. The back panel looks pretty fragile too. iMac will look much solid.

will find out how good it goes. it does have few things that iMac cannot do. probably need to check youtube and see how
other people set their machines up..
on June 22, 2013
It's the worst computer that I ever have in my life!, doesn't have enough memory and it is too slow,
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2011
I am very happy with this computer... it is great looking, compact and very fast. The think wireless keyboard has a great look and feel. The touch screen is a novelty to us right now and we don't use that feature a lot but it is cool with certain apps. I'd recommmend it...