Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on December 9, 2010
Bought this phone the other day for my elderly mother. Phone camera is very nice! takes almost as good pics as my girl's backflip., and better than my rugby. it is very easy to use. the keyboard was slightly smaller than expected but not too small. the phone seems to be durable.....since it is on ly 3 days old that will remain to be seen.. but the phone does not seem "cheap" actually has better signal reception than my rugby II. all in all if you want a phone for basic text, tcs, and making calls...then this phone will work great!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2011
It is getting very hard to find a phone which you don't have to sign up for a data plan or texting plan. I don't want to pay $100-a-month phone bills and this phone keeps me connected without having to pay through the nose.

- Reception is good. My sister and I are on the same mobile network, but I was able to receive and make calls where she cannot with her apple phone.
- This phone has a good size screen without being too large and too battery hungry. I don't text and don't make more than 10 short calls a day, so I usually need to charge my phone only once a week.
- The weight and size of the phone are just right; I can put the phone in my dress shirt pocket without the phone sticking out or making the pocket sag.
- The speakerphone function works well; the person on the other end of the call said she could not tell I was speaking to her on speakerphone.

- Dust collects between the screen and the clear plastic on top of the screen and I don't know how to clean it without breaking it. This is minor because the dust is only visible when you have the phone under direct sunlight or other strong direct light, which is seldom for me.
- No speed dialing.
on June 8, 2011
The AT&T ZTE F160 phone is great. The display is a good size for texting and emailing and is very clear (you can even change settings in Mobile Web to browse in landscape mode). Has lots of features (wish it had emoticons, though). Only reason it didn't get five stars is because I think it has too many menus to have to go through to find things (fortunately, there is a "Shortcuts" button). Best cell phone I've had.
on May 15, 2012
I am stuck in a two year contract with AT&T because of this phone. During the 30 day trial you can return it but you have to pay a restocking fee after paying an "upgrade" fee and taxes on the full price, so I decided to keep trying to work with it. Now I am stuck, so I decided to come here and let people know all the problems with the phone so others can benefit from my mistake:
* The F160 has no speed dial
* You cannot see the screen outside, it is too dim no matter how you try to adjust the settings or shade it.
* The in-call options are not available until you clear the current contents of the screen. So, for example, you cannot look at the address book or anything else while in a call because the in-call options are not available until you clear the screen of the numbers you just dialed.
* The key pad goes to sleep very quickly and the first number you key in doesn't register at all, so if you have to enter an account number or a menu choice the first key does not register and you have to press it twice - but this is not consistent so you don't know that the first key didn't register unless you look carefully each time. This has not been a problem with any other phone I have ever had. The first key you press wakes up the phone AND registers. I tried adjusting the settings but it still does this.
* Texting is a pain for several reasons but the most annoying are that the predictive text is impossible to use and you have to search your whole contact list; there is no option to send to a recent recipient.
* The manual is minimal, sketchy and written poorly.
* The phone has NO memory to speak of. You must buy a memory card to be able to use several of the options including transferring photos and files.
* None of the ringtones are loud enough and the battery life is very short.
* AT&T tells you to download JoinMe software to manage the phone but it doesn't work with the phone!!! The solution according to AT&T is that the phone is a ZTE model R101 so you must choose that model, but that doesn't work either. I tried choosing all the models but none of them work. You can see a whole discussion about this problem here:

* Because the software above didn't work, I couldn't copy my contacts over so I brought the phone back to the AT&T store and the technician there had lots of problems trying to help me do it. He wound up copying the contacts from my old SIM to his computer and then he ported them to AT&T's website and then synched them to this phone from there.

Overall, this is an awful phone! AT&T's only solution is to give me the same phone again under warranty and I don't want it so I am stuck in a 2 year contract with them and I am now using my old Sony Ericsson 580i (a wonderful phone by the way) after paying for an "upgrade" fee, taxes and a memory card. What a waste of my time and money!
on January 3, 2012
It was a cheap OEM phone for att. I bought this phone in December 2010 for my mom. She keeps it but barely used it because she does not have too much phone calls. The battery life of the phone is only 3 days, much shorter than it was advertised. The phone was dead in September 2011. It can't be recharged or turned back on. I don't know the reason but it was a terrible phone.
on July 18, 2011
I got this phone as a replacement for my old reliable outdated Nokia. Wish I hadn't! After 4 months, it wouldn't take a charge. After getting the 3rd degree from an AT&T customer service rep (and I've been an AT&T customer for more than 40 years!)they sent me a new battery. It still won't take a charge and now the phone's completely dead. I've been without a working cell phone for more than two weeks. Now I have to deal with AT&T's customer service people--again--or try getting some help from the local AT&T store. Just not worth the aggravation and the hassle. Do yourself a favor and don't get this phone.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2012
I have three of these phones. One stop charging after 4 months and then another one after 8 months.

Luckily, I still have one phone that is still working and I used it to charge the batteries of the other broken phones. With a fully charged battery, I was able to boot up the broken phones.

Based on other reviews, I concluded this phone may have a design or manufacturing fault.
on August 5, 2013
This phone give poor screen visibility is daylight/sunlight. Instructions for this made-in-China product are virtually non-existent and what is there is poorly written. I'd seriously avoid turning this device off because the switch to turn int on is highly tempermental and does not always work.
on August 30, 2011
This phone is complete garbage. I have had it for two months and over time it has only gotten worse. It shuts down by itself even when battery has charge. When it does shutdown, only way to turn it back on is by removing the battery and reinserting it. This happens at least once a day. After contacting AT&T they sent a new battery which didn't help at all. Also the new or the original battery don't hold much charge and require recharging every day, even though I usually talk no more than 10-20 minutes a day. I'd not recommend this phone to anyone.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse