Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 19, 2011
I have Sjogren's Syndrome so I can't tolerate dust, smoke or wind because of my lack of tears. The Cocoons frame is better for keeping irritants away from my eyes than other styles of outdoor eyewear.

Check out the lens color options on the Cocoons website before buying. If you want a yellow polarized lens, make sure you get the Cocoons yellow, not lemon; the fruity colors are non-polarized and especially for low vision.
on March 9, 2015
bought these to replace the uvex glasses that fit over prescriptions. The cocoons fit much better over my prescription glasses. be sure to go to the cocoon website and use their template to ensure that you select the correct size for the size of prescription glasses you have. The temples are adjustable, which is great. But I am still very sensitive to pain from pressure behind the ears. when i get the temples loose enough so that they do not hurt me, then they are so loose that they slide down when i stand up or move. The amber color is much better than red for me, except I was hoping to wear these glasses when I watch videos on my tv. I was shocked at how much the color was changed on the screen with the amber. I cannot use them for watching videos, too much of the visual information is lost and distorted. For instance, white type captions on the screen look bright orange. So I still do not have any way to filter the light on my tv. I'm using the glasses when I'm still awake at sunrise and light leaks in thru curtains.
on April 25, 2016
These are wonderful--now I can see the world through Boysenberry-colored glasses! The fit is perfect and they have a very sturdy case. I'm having some visual difficulty and these were recommended by my visual therapist. When I add these to my regular glasses, I can feel my eyes relaxing immediately.
on October 27, 2015
The wife bought it for me to fit over my glasses when I fly. Can't see the avionics screen with polarized sunglasses, these are non-polarized but still cut out a good amount of glare. Good clarity. Pleasant color. Lenses are plastic so I try to be careful about scratches.
on May 9, 2016
These Coccoons are great quality glasses and very comfortable. These are kind of expensive but they are great if you have prescription glasses for driving. These are great for cutting glare from sunlight. I had another pair that broke at the bar that goes to your ears, whatever that's called. It was my fault for putting them on top of my head when I didn't need them. The pair I just bought here at Amazon came with a nice carrying case with a belt clasp, I didn't expect that. I would highly recommend these. Ordering here at Amazon saved me some money.
on December 1, 2015
Almost mandatory before sleep these days afaic. They relieve eye strain and good against blue light at night (from light sources like tv display, computer display, lights, etc.). They are not limiting the action of reading or doing anything else that you woudl do without them on. I returned this medium size only because they did not fit my prescription glasses so make sure you download their fit page from their website and see which of their glasses size fits your prescription glasses the best before you buy. Instead, ordered cocoons sidekick flip up glasses in med size directly from their website because amazon does not ship these type internationally and the slim line size of fit over did not fit my glasses as well. Again, make sure you find out which type and size of their glasses/flip up, etc. fits you and/or your glasses the best. The only cons is that these fit over glasses won't fit some glasses even after trying all the sizes so your only option is to try their flip ups. I wish they design their fit over glasses in a shape that would accommodate more types of frames! Cocoons, do you read? Overall recommended.
on July 26, 2015
Great sunglasses. It's the first time I've tried them, and I find they are very well constructed, and feel like very high quality. They have great customer service if you have any questions on lens colors or the like.
on January 30, 2014
Wear these mostly around the office and while working on my computer. Immensely cuts down on glare and eye strain. Works well also when watching TV in certain lighting. Very comfortable. Would definitely recommend to others recovering from eye surgery or seeking relief from computer screen eye strain. I am considering purchasing other Cocoon "over-glasses".
on May 8, 2013
I have cataracts, not so bad that Medicare will pay for the surgery but definitely enough to cause much glare while driving. This is the second pair I purchased. I keep a pair in each vehicle we own and, I use them all the time since they help greatly. I am a petite woman and wear frameless eyeglasses and the Medium Slim Line fit perfectly over my eyeglasses and are quite comfortable. Since I live in the country with no street lights they are only useful to me during the day light.
on October 12, 2015
The glasses came just as described. The Cocoons website sizing chart worked perfectly. I got fitovers and, after measuring my eyeglasses, bought the size that said would accommodate them and they fit just right over my prescription glasses. They're comfortable and the side panels make them like 'cocoons'. They were shipped promptly, faster than I had expected. The only reason I took away a star is because I bought them to help me with sleep and circadian rhythm issues and I don't notice much difference, but I need more time and may need to start wearing them earlier at night. None of this makes them any less of a great product and value. I'm very pleased with them and wear them if I wake in the middle of the night. I feel they give me protection from melatonin-disturbing light, but, as I said, need more time to really see if they have the desired effect. Overall I'm very happy with them, they're just what I was looking for, and would definitely buy from this vendor again. BTW, I did quite a bit of research and Cocoons had the website that was easiest to understand and were priced well.

See 1 answered question