Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on March 14, 2012
This is a small light little camera with lots of muscle. I does all of its basic jobs well. HDR ( high dynamic range) works well and is a great addition. Panorama shots are the best I have encountered. What does it lack (Raw file support ) the manufacturers description of what the camera does is a little off. It is touted as a high speed camera , which it is, but the faster you ask it to go the smaller the pictures gets.It is a very good and interesting camera that takes very high quality digital pictures. It is not quite up to newer cameras and is a little pricey, but has some interesting capabilities that make up for what it lacks. It gives the user a lot of control over almost every aspect of digital photography. I get special cameras to do special jobs and this is a sweet little machine for someone who knows what they want.
on March 21, 2013
I purchased this camera primarily to have a relatively inexpensive high-speed camera in a point-and-shoot sized package. It has vastly exceeded my expectations in all categories.

For an example of what a novice is capable of producing with this Casio gem, please visit YouTube and go to /watch?v=ma7tQ4kS_xU

The controls may not be the most intuitive for everyone and the manual is largely useless, but after you have flipped all the switches, pressed all the buttons and played with the camera in different lighting conditions it will become second nature.

As a bonus, this camera takes very nice shots offhand, has a great sequential photograph feature and is capable of extremely fast shutterspeeds. This is a great camera for photographing sports action or wildlife when you don't want to tote an SLR and camera bag around.

Great for the outdoors enthusiast / camera enthusiast who prefers to be IN the action rather than sidelined by the camera.
on September 20, 2013
Have had Exilim cameras before and that's why I keep going back. This is a "new" camera for my girlfriend and she loves it. Happy for the purchase!!!
on January 31, 2014
Casio is not very popular any more as a camera but I like their design, layout, speed for on and off (which I take hundreds of photos a week so I need quick on and off). As time goes by I will probably have to convert to another manufacturer but as long as Casio keeps making a good camera I will be buying them. I can't give it 5 stars because I am biased as far as layout and camera on/off speed so that's all I look for in a camera (well that and good telescoping lens with digital magnification as well, and wide angle lens), and there may be other cameras out there that do as well or better and cheaper. I just don't want to take the time to learn the nuances of other camera designs. Been using Casios for about 12 years now. Tried others but keep coming back to Casios.
on August 29, 2014
It appears to be a good camera. I had wanted a type of HDR feature on a compact. However, watch who you buy from; preferably
from a dealer in the western hemisphere. I bought one from a dealer in Japan, and Japanese was the only language I could bring up from it.

NO other language at all!! I was then pleased to find an HDR feature in a camera that I had already had: the compact Panasonic
Lumix 20. And takes fantastic HDRs--as good as with my dSLR.
on September 10, 2013
Camera works great EXCEPT there is no shutter speed on the video so, it has 240 fps, but without the shutter speed, filmimg golf swings is not clear. Sad they left that out on the video. The camera has the shutter speed on the camera picture taking but not on the video capture.
on February 17, 2015
Love this camera. Nothing matches the ultra fast focus and high speed picture taking. The high speed video is amazing, even though it's not full high def, it works great for sharing videos on FB or YouTube. For the price, nothing comes close to the features.
on June 10, 2014
This camera offers high speed at a reasonable price. It is a rugged design with an easy to understand menu. I would recommend this camera to those wanting to record high speed events. It is faster that iphones or other phone-based cameras.
on May 16, 2014
Slow motion cam record is perfect, and also photo too... With scope mount, will be record a lot of funny shooting
on February 19, 2012
I don't know why it is so expensive on Amazon but I bought it 16,000 Yen at Japanese online store. About $200.
USPS doesn't take lithium battery from other country so we have to buy battery in here though.

I don't know much about mechanical things and I'm proud of it but this camera works pretty good for me. I take pictures flowers, bugs, dogs, cats,,, something like that.
Battery life is very long.
Micro is very clear.
Very bright. Dark room at night, still good without flash.
It is easy to handle.
Monitor is big enough.
22 comments4 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse