Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HTC EVO Shift 4G Android Phone (Sprint)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 8, 2016
I liked it but it doesn't work right now for me because it won't chager at all alright and I and replacemint sprint cellphone and i know wich one I want to use and it is a Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA PDA Phone - no contract if I can please today because I need a replacemint phone from Proflipusa please today alright!!!
on November 13, 2011
This phone is a magnificent device. There are many useful features, not mentioning the amazingly fast 4G speed and voice recognition application. There is also a "Places" app, easy access to Google maps, a high resolution camera, and, my favorite, a free cloud. All you need is a gmail account to sync up documents, photos, calenders, contacts, and more to and from your phone. I would highly recommend getting a case for your phone as soon as you get it- it has a very sleek, delicate surface and is easy to drop. I suggest HTC Hard Shell Case - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Blue/Black. It's easy to hold, durable, and inexpensive.
on November 2, 2012
Not good at all. We've already sent this item in for repair to HTC once and we're already having problems with them (yes, we ordered two) just a few months later. Both phones are acting goofy and we've got over a year left on the re-newal coming around. It's a very frustrating phone.
on January 12, 2012
When I first bought this phone, it worked perfectly, no flaw and no lag. However, since the 2.3 gingerbread upgrade this phone is outright schizophrenic. It is constantly reloading and rebooting every time you exit an application, whether using the back button or the home button, it doesn't matter. It also has a heat problem when used for more than 30 minutes. The only solution has been to install the android assistant widget which allows you to clear the cache memory, which inexplicably fills up your memory within minutes. I have used task killer, juice defender, ect all apps associated with performance and nothing works. Not only that an exhaustive search of the internet revealed this is a problem unique to this phone and there is no fix for it, and there will not be a fix for it. So the only thing you can do is constantly clear the cache memory and history eraser in order for this phone to function, and not even function good. It lags between screens, pushing buttons at the edge of the screen and send you to anything from the web search, to text messaging, to reloading. Also, when texting, sometimes when I reply it goes to someone completely random on my phone list and not the person I am responding to! Auto-correct keeps turning on, even when I have disabled it many many times. Sometime, after the cache and history eraser doesn't work, I have to remove the battery, so I can't have a protective case just because of having to remove the battery very often. The battery trick works best, but by the next day its malfunctioning again. I am done, will upgrade to a windows phone in November!

Stay away from this phone, there is a reason its free! They have to give them away!
on September 2, 2011
This is my first smartphone, so obviously you can take my opinion with a grain of salt. I love this phone. It was very easy to learn to use---seems a bit easier than my wife's Samsung Epic. The voice call reception is almost as good as my old flip phone, and the voice quality is good. Battery life is about what you would expect, but I have no complaints. It does help to turn off stuff you are not using, which is very easy to do on this phone---just slide one screen to the left. It's easy to see what apps are running and shut them down as well, without using an app killer. I used one for a week or two then deleted it, and haven't missed it.

What I like most is the reliability. In contrast to some of my friends' phones, this one is nearly always very responsive, with no weird delays or hangs. If it ever feels a bit sluggish, I just restart it, which takes about 15 seconds, and it's like it came out of the box again.

Obviously there are more expensive phones with more power and features, but this one has most of what you can get---4g, hotspot, etc.

It's exactly what I expected and I have zero complaints after three months of heavy use.
on August 25, 2011
This is my first smartphone, though I've played with other people's iPhones. I love it. I decided to go with the Shift because I have arthritis and tremors in my hands and I thought a keyboard would be easier to use than just the touchscreen. So far it's worked very well. The interface is very intuitive. A number of incredibly useful free apps are available for even more functionality.
I use to carry a fairly large planner with me everywhere to keep track of appointments, medication, contacts, etc. The EVO has replaced all of that. While direct syncing with a Mac is not possible, it's been very, very easy to work around that by using Google Calendar for appointments and other apps to sync iTunes.
I've been pleasantly surprised by the photo quality, even with shaking hands most of my shots have turned out beautifully. Audio quality for music play is also nice. It can be a bit awkward to hold up for long telephone conversations, but the speaker phone features works quite well and a headset or earpiece would be another viable solution.
on August 9, 2011
This is my first Smart phone and I have to say that I'm very imppressed with it. It's very easy to set up and use with most of the apps used on a daily basis free. The touch screen is nice but would be a hassle with someone with big fingers. You can purchase a stylus but it's just another thing to get lost!
I would say my bigest complaint is the roaming screen that comes on when I'm at home and it's on the kitchen counter...don't know why it keeps asking me if I want roaming charges. When I hit cancel and don't ask me again, I'm ignored which is frustrating as this occurs almost on a daily basis!
All in all, it's been fun to own and mess around with.
on August 13, 2011
I absolutely LOVE this phone! This is my 1st smartphone, and I am definitely excited to see what all it can do. And I must say that if you experience any issues with your phone at all, customer service is WONDERFUL! I am thankful to have bought my phone from this vendor. :)
on February 15, 2012
I have had this phone for almost a year now and I do not have too many complaints. This is my first HTC phone and I am very happy with it. I know everyone is freaking out and going out and buying the iphone, but I love the slide out keyboard and don't think I could do without it. This phone is pretty durable, seeing as I drop it all the time at work so it is a little banged up. The only thing that has happend to it over just about a year is the keyboard is getting a little loose. This most likely has to do with being dropped so many times though lol. I do think that they should have included a frontside camera though. I mean it isn't a big deal at all because I don't think I would use it too much, but it would be a cool feature. Overall I would definetly recommend this phone over the standard Evo and the iphone to anyone who loves a slide out keyboard.
on February 17, 2012
I have owned 3 of these phones in the last year. I am SO DISAPPOINTED! The keyboard wore out on my first one and started double, triple + entering letters when I tried to type. The charging port went out on my second one. This apparently is a known issue that HTC is not standing behind. I have had my third Shift for approximately 2 months. The keyboard is already starting to double enter letters. I am trying not to plug and unplug the phone end of the charger cable and instead unplug the USB end. I had a Motorola Droid for over a year before my series of HTC's and never had a single issue with it. I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the quality and will not buy another HTC product and can not stress enough how POOR the WORKMANSHIP is.

See 1 answered question