Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 11, 2012
This camera was purchased for my daughter as a b'day present, because I had a similar one myself that she loved and would always ask to borrow, so I knew she was going to love this, and she did!... until it stopped working. As you can see, I have not given this many stars but that's not because it doesn't take great pictures, it definately takes beautiful pictures. It's compact and light, and it's pink! How perfect is that for a 13 year old girl!?! So we were very excited for her to open her b'day present and start taking pictures!...

But here is the downside -- cheap plastic parts. Within a week of owning it, we had problems. I was removing the battery to recharge it, and the little plastic clip that holds the battery in place just snapped off!!! I couldn't believe it!!! It was so flimsy, and I've never had that problem with my own Lumix, so I have since wondered if we didn't receive a faulty camera that perhaps had a crack in the plastic or something when we received it. As a result, now the battery does not lock firmly in it's place because there is nothing to hold it, so it just moves loosely around inside the camera, and the only way to take pictures with it is to either flip it upside down and let gravity help you, or try to apply firm enough pressure right where the battery is that it pushes it to make a connection. It's so annoying now that we hardly use it ; ( Instead our pretty pink camera just sits on the shelf most of the time. It would have been perfect, but the parts are poor quality.... very disappointed.

Also, I have another Lumix camera that is similar, and it would be a great thing if they could share a battery charger, but they are slightly different which means you need to always bring both chargers with you when traveling... Lumix, you should streamline your parts and produce better quality clips! Plastic parts are not going to cut it! It's such a shame because the picture quality is sensational!

In summary:
Pro's -- Beautiful picture quality, sharp images, rich intense colors, great clear action shots, lightweight, small, easy to take with you anywhere.
Con's -- Plastic parts that break almost immediately, poor capacity to withstand regular use, battery charger not interchangeable with other compact digital Lumix cameras.
on September 24, 2011
I've owned a Panasonic Lumix before, and I actually preferred it to the Canon Powershot SD1300 IS that I owned next. This camera, however (the DMC-FP5), is not that great. Sure, the exterior looks pretty (I love pink), but the quality of the pictures are less than stellar, and having everything touchscreen is actually a lot more annoying that I had expected. When going through the options for setting up the photos (beach-mode, portrait, cloudy, candlelight, etc.), the camera does not tell you what option you are selecting nor does it give you a preview until you have already selected it, so if you are unsatisfied, you'd have to go back into the menu and select another one. If I had known the DMC-FP5 would be like this, I would've just purchased a Sony or another Canon.
on July 2, 2012
Just what I needed from a point and shoot. works well and takes good pictures and video, battery lasts long and I love that it is a rechargable!!!
on February 10, 2012
The camera as a camera is good, no more to say.. take pictures, and the quality is really good, but if u want to use it in all its potential, u should know a bit of photography
on June 18, 2013
this is just wat I was looking for in a cheap camera grate value for money don't be afraid to get one people