Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on September 17, 2011
Dear All ... The last 2 reviews were probably done by people who didn't know what they were doing or talking about ! ... but there again, they could have been trying to compare it to a $5000 TV studio camera ! Who KNOWZ ! ! Maybe the competition became jealous !!!!!! :) :) ...or else they just smoked a LOT of weed and got lost in the back-lighting ! !

I have owned several PRO cameras over the last 20 years .

I have owned my Pana. SDR-H100 for several months and have had good results so far . It FAR exceeds my old Sony BETA-PRO camcorder that cost $1000's .... and cost $100's in mechanical repairs on an every-other month basis due to its' age . BUT I'm gonna' miss my SONY ! !

The Pana. (so far) is user-friendly and easy to handle . The "finger" controls are easy to use ... as well as navigating through the "on-screen-display" . Picture quality and Audio quality are VERY GOOD when using a Series 10 SD Card (16 GIG+) in XP mode . The manual says that the internal 80 GIG HD can get "confused" by heavy bumps or LOUD sounds ..... I have yet to find this problem .

It's NOT a "Studio TV Camera" .... it's VERRRY small & lightweight in comparrison .... and it has a LOT of good stuff going for it for the price ! !

I highly recommend this product to the LOW$ to MED$ Spender .

I ALSO recommend that you "DO YOUR HOMEWORK" before you purchase ANYTHING !
44 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2012
I've had this camera for four months now and it's been excellent so far. It has a 3500x zoom mode available as well as a 78x enhanced zoom. The image stabilization is very good and the built-in 80GB hard drive makes using an SD card unnecessary, though one can also be used if you wish. It lacks an HDMI port and transfer to a computer is done through the USB port. I have been unable to get the included software to install under Windows 7, but it did install fine and works on an XP machine. Note that you will need that software installed and working properly on a computer in order to transfer video from the camera. I'm not sure why there is such a variation in price between the three colors this model comes in (black, silver, or red), as the color is the only difference between them. Overall, a this is a very good camera available at an excellent price.

Note: I believe some people are getting confused with the acronyms "HD" and "HDD" as they apply to camcorders. HD means "High Definition," while HDD means "Hard Disk Drive." This model is *NOT* HD -- but it does have an HDD. In other words, it's a Standard Definition camcorder with a hard drive. Be aware that videos recorded with this unit will look great on a Standard Definition TV, but horrible on a High Def TV. If you plan on playing back your videos on an HD TV, you'll need to record them using an HD camcorder and not an SD unit like this.
on October 2, 2011
Pro's are that Camera is extremely small and easy to transport. The zoom is truly unbelievable and the video is certainly acceptable for my use which is recording deer.
Con's are that its almost a requirement that you use a tripod to video especially if you intend to fully utilize the zoom. This is not truly a con but more a requirement. Great little camera for the price.
on July 2, 2013
We've been using this camcorder for nearly a year and a half now and it suits our needs. Nice and simple with a decent zoom, adequate hard drive space, and a few bells and whistles (we didn't need many). It's small and easy to use.
on September 7, 2012
Gave this camcorder to my husband for his birthday. He is not up on operating cameras or anything like this. This was a great thing to introduce him to such operations- the operation procedures have come easy for him. This is a cinch to handle being small in size- not bulky- he came off with great videos from two of our great-grandchildrens birthday parties, with his first two experiences. I would recommend this camcorder for anyone. The pictures are clear and even with parkinson's disease.... his pictures are not shaky- it does well to control this problem.
on April 3, 2013
From what I have seen from others video reviews & spec readings this is a fabulous piece of equiptment at a Great Price.I will do another review with in a week of the delivery. I made the purchase on 4-1-13. the order is to arive on 4-4-13. It comes from the factory no warrenty , sold as is for $129.00 FREE Shipping .Panasonic said it was an open box issue and they state it is in like new condition or is up to factory specs, so I am gambling on there word. As for Amazon, Thank you so much for my Panasonic SDR H100R Camcorder. Leo The Lion.
on August 13, 2012
Tough? Yep, I dropped this camera from about four feet onto granite on a recent Sierra hike and it only suffered a scratch on the front silver finish. No operation problems, only smooth great operation. I'm still learning all of it's features, but Panasonic built this tough and doesn't market it as such!
on November 29, 2012
It has good quality especially in the right lighting. The 78x zoom is amazing! i zoomed in on a birdhouse soo far away that i couldnt see it without the camera. i use this with a tripod for filming surf and skate videos. also has button for pics that works while recording or playing back. great battery life. excellent for the price.
on April 13, 2013
This is a great camcorder; very small but loaded with great features. The color is fantastic, too. Just love it!
on May 30, 2013
I bought this a while back for my daughter to record her first grandson, my great-grandson, now we have 2 more grand kids one of each. They recorded in the hospital and after the births. It works great, records movies, stills whatever you want to do. They just transfer the chip (card or what ever its called) to the computer, and we all can share. It's better than the 8mm movies I made years ago. Also its easy to use, not heavy or awkward, protected in a case, always ready to use. And its attractive. I recommend it to anyone planning to buy a camcorder. We record the little ones all the time.