Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: O'Neill UV Sun Protection Women's Basic Skins Short-Sleeve Crew Rashguard Top
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on June 15, 2015
I have 3 of these that I wear every time I go into the water for any water sport all year long. The fabric is a thin, durable synthetic material - perfect for wearing in the water in any temperature - either alone or under neoprene. I wear it kayaking, scuba diving, and bodyboarding.

ABOUT THE SIZING: These are actually true-to-size for the intended purpose of the design. They are designed to be protective wear for your skin while surfing. If you are surfing on a surfboard or a boogieboard or if you are bodysurfing in large waves, you need your surf shirt to be a tight compression fit in order to prevent rash on your torso from the board. I am 5 ft 2 in and weigh 115 lbs. I wear a Small or an Extra Small for surfing. If you are not wearing a tight-fit synthetic shirt like this one, strong ocean waves push your shirt up your torso, leaving your skin exposed, resulting in abrasions from being thrashed against your board in the waves. HOWEVER, I also own this rashguard in a size Medium which I wear under my PFD when I kayak -- either with or without a layer of neoprene on top of this rashguard for warmth. When kayaking, my PFD and spray skirt keep the shirt from riding up if I swim, so the shirt doesn't need to be a compression fit. And when I take my PFD and spray skirt off, the size Medium is still form-fitting, but not so tight that every piece of cellulite shows as another reviewer mentioned happens when wearing the "correct" size.

This is the best material - next to neoprene - for water sports. So, if you will be wearing this for casual water sports, then go ahead and order 2 sizes up for comfort as many other reviewers have suggested because there is no better fabric. However, if you are wearing this in waves, follow the manufacturer's size chart.
on December 11, 2013
I am 5'9", 36C and usually wear a medium in my shirts. I ordered the Large, and it fits me the way it should - tight enough not to ride up in the water, but not too tight around the arms or neck. I like that the shirt comes down over the top of my hips also, so you don't get a stripe on your back with your bikini bottoms. One con with the shirt is the seams - they are not taped, so the stitching is a little rough against the skin. The shirt is well made though, and looks durable unlike some other brands.
on July 25, 2013
Bought this mostly to protect my shoulders and upper back from the sun while body boarding, being as the waves always wash off my sunscreen. It does the job, I don't get burned. However, I do spend way too much time pulling this thing down! After ever wave I catch I am readjusting the bottom half that has rolled up to my bust which is annoying. Reviews from other rash guards have said the riding-up only happens if the shirt is too big, but I think it's the opposite. This thing is seriously tight, digs into my arms and is constricting on my waist - not to the point of being uncomfortable, just noticable. My theory is that having curvier hips makes the over-stretched material roll up to the area of smallest diameter (in my case, just below my bust). I am 5'3 and 140 lbs with a pear shaped body and bought a large. I would go a size, or even two up.. I almost went with medium since that's my shirt size.
on March 10, 2015
After reading the reviews, I was in a real dilemma. It appeared the consensus was that it was undersized. I really wanted the black with pink threading and the XL was out of stock, so I tried the XXL.

I happen to fall in an odd category, I'm short but with a big bust size. I'm 5'4", 160 lbs and 36/38 D size. The XXL actually fit nicely, slightly loose but a bikini top (or bra) filled up the chest area. It was snug but not skin tight or constricting. I also have larger upper arms and the rash guard gave me ample room for free movement. I was surprised that it was flattering looking as well (I expected to feel like a jelly roll). I will be using this for light activity such as snorkeling. Anything more strenuous, I might have considered waiting for an XL or ordering another color but the bust might be too tight and uncomfortable.
on January 16, 2013
A great and very comfortable swim top. I swim laps everyday outdoors and it protects me from the sun and even keeps me just a bit warmer in the winter. A nice snug fit ( I wear the small size and I'm 5'8" about 130 lbs) -- just right for a very comfortable swim. I can't imagine ever wanting to swim without it!
on July 7, 2015
I'm 5'10" and 165lbs Amd odered an XL. The material was good. I went paddleboarding on the 4th of July for the first time and while my husband was covered in board rash and fiberglass, I was not! It served it's purpose. The only thing that I had a genuine problem with was that the fact that it would ride up on my back as well as it was a little tight on my neck. It wasn't like this until I started to move around a lot. Since I am a first time rash guard wearer, I ruled it over as maybe that's what they do since I fell (a lot) off my paddleboard but I also purchased one from Speedo and it didn't do this. But at the end of the day, I was thankful to be wearing the guard and not have to feel the discomfort my husband felt.
on May 19, 2013
Quality material. I bought this for myself and I am pleased with it. I normally wear a woman's small so I bought one size bigger. It fits snugly and when I say snugly I mean it fits like a swimsuit should, no sagging, skin tight. This is a comfortable tight fit. That said my teenager who wears a juniors size medium fell in love with it, and so I am no longer in possession of the garment. I have to admit looks better on her anyways.
on October 5, 2013
I, like other reviewers, tried my regular size and realized that O'Neill clothing runs a size small. I am 5'4"/118 lbs and am small chested, and I originally ordered a small - whoa!! - way to tight; had to send it back. The medium fit very well in that I had room to move my arms and didn't feel like I was choking. I was able to use it as a skin inside a wetsuit, as well as alone as a sun protectant for snorkeling and swimming. It worked like a charm for both. I ordered the blue and the pink color in the long sleeved version, and the black in the short sleeved version. I wore them all and loved each one. Afterward, I washed them in the washing machine (on the delicate cycle with regular detergent), popped them into the dryer for a few minutes and then hung them to dry. They washed beautifully without shrinking, stretching or fading. They also pack well; I literally folded and rolled these up as tiny as I could in my suitcase, and they looked great when I arrived at my destination. My only wish is that O'Neill would stop using little tiny elves as their size models. Other than that, this shirt is a great purchase.
on March 24, 2015
I purchased this rash guard in black/spyglass. The picture shows black with spyglass writing and spyglass side panels. I just received it and the side panels are black. Very disappointing, especially since this particular color was back ordered so I waited extra long just for this color. I could've had a black one weeks earlier! Oh well.

Other than that, the fit seems really nice! I'm a busty gal (measuring 38, 29, 41), so I got a large to accommodate chest space, but it still fits my torso nice and snug while keeping a flattering shape. I love these as a modest alternative to a bikini (especially for my mommy body).
on November 27, 2013
I wear this to swim at a regular pool for modesty reasons and it's actually very flattering. The way the seams are sewn makes a very streamlined and clean-cut look. It's really comfortable to swim in and I liked it so much that I bought 2.