Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tommy Hilfiger Men's Two-Button Trim-Fit Suit Separate Coat
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 18, 2011
This review is for the grey slim stripe variety which is listed at a lower price than the other varieties.

I saw this same suit at Macy's and at Burlington Coat Factory at a higher price. As far as I can tell, it's the same quality of the department stores right down to the fit. The suit and the pants are on the small side (Trim Fit, I guess), so order the next size up. I wear a 42 jacket and 36 pants, but I had to order a 44 and a 38 which fit perfectly. Luckily, I tried the suit on at the department store before placing my order on-line.

On another note, the jacket and pants were shipped together in a small flat box which, as expected, caused wrinkling that needed to be pressed / steamed out. Just something to keep in mind if you need it in a hurry.
99 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2011
I originally found this coat at Macy's and was astonished to find it cheaper (by a significant amount) on Amazon, even after getting it on sale. Ordered the exact same style and size. When I received the coat, I immediately noticed it was made in Haiti, not Mexico like the one at Macy's. While the size I purchased is the exact same and while the coat looks the same, the fit is noticeably different. The Haiti version is tighter on the shoulders, meaning that this version runs small. The sleeves are also noticeably narrower as I can feel more resistance as I put the coat on. The fit from the Mexico one is perfect whereas the Haiti one seems to run small.

I will be returning this coat to Amazon.
33 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2013
I have a slim body build (5'10", ~150 lb) with long arms, and usually don't look good in suits. In the past, I only buy Boss suits, 40R in size, and they look okay on me. I bought this with reservation, but since Amazon offers free return, I took my chance.
It turns out to fit my slim body perfectly, at least as good as the Boss, if not better.
The quality of the wool is pretty good. May be not quite as good as the Boss, but at least 90% as good, at <50% of the price.
The Boss is fully lined, while this is 1/2 lined. But it doesn't bother me, and it has maintained its shape for over 1 year now.
Overall, nice suit and good price (if it is still around $150 for the top).
on April 27, 2012
My father's tall is 166CM,and weight is 71KG,CHEST is 106CM,select 40 short,it is fit.ship to China take 25 days.But it is worth,because this coat is very good.
on March 2, 2014
100% wool, not a flannel touch, but a silky texture(no brightness).

The tag size is correct.

Trim fit not slim fit!

You want a normal black suit jacket. Just buy this! ^^
on July 13, 2015
I was attending a wedding and needed a black suit ASAP. I never order suits online and I took a chance on Amazon. Order was placed on Tuesday and shipment arrived on Thursday (prime customer).

Jacket and pants (ordered separately) fitted to a perfection. Saved me a trip to the tailor for heigh adjustment.

Although the color is black, it breathed rather nicely on a hot 90F day.

I highly recommend this jacket.
on June 12, 2015
The quality of this jacket seems reasonable and it looks nice, the fit as others have mentioned is a bit on the small side. I am slim built with a 38 chest but had to go up to a 40" size to avoid it pulling tight across the back. Some of the stitching on the inside uses white thread which looks a bit weird on a black jacket, but when worn normally this isn't too noticeable. The thing to really beware though are the way the pockets are sown shut and the labels are attached. On higher quality jackets having pockets sown shut is normal, however this one was so tightly stitched together it was impossible to cut it open with scissors without damaging the lining. Likewise the way the labels are stitched on with heavy-duty thread, I was extremely careful and took ages over each cut and still managed to pull one thread. My advice if you do decide to buy this jacket is to either use a scalpel, or better still take it to a tailor, maybe they have tricks to remove over-tight threading.
on May 18, 2016
This is poorly made the insides are literally coming out in strings. At first we thought it was static but it is literally the inside of the jacket pouring through the jacket. My husband was so embarrassed on a business meeting when a fellow co-worker was pulling off globs of fuzz. But when you pull on it it pulls through from the inside lining. We only ever dry clean it and he has only worn it a few times.
review image review image review image
on October 26, 2015
I generally wear a 42L but ordered 44L after reading other reviews and it fit perfect. I have broad shoulders and longer arms being 6 1 half. It gave me the room I needed in shoulders and perfect length in arms... It is not a slim fit suit so had a little baggage around rib cage but it suited me fine and my girlfriend said it looked perfect on me... So no complaints,,
on October 20, 2014
But I'm glad that I did! This suit was a great price, and it looks great. This was purchased for my wedding, and my fiance loves it! I would like to echo what a previous reviewer said - you may want to consider going up on the size for the coat and the matching pants, especially if you want a "comfortable" or "relaxed" fit, as this is made to be "trim" (and I am not as "trim" as I used to be :) ). However, I would say that the suit fits as advertised, and it appears to be quite well made, too. Five stars!!