Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on February 19, 2013
This does exactly what I wanted it to do:

1. Live on the back of my LCD TV
2. Provide HD streaming content, Internet and a PC environment to said LCD TV
3. Run quietly and not give me any issues
4. Not cost too much and be inexpensive to operate

There's no use in pretending this is a gaming box or that you're going to map the human genome with it, but on the other hand for a couple of benjamins and change you've got a "regular" computer that would have had impressive specs just 5 years ago. Good keyboard and mouse too. The HDD is big enough but I put most of my stuff on the home network anyway. The wireless connection works fine, but I run mine over Ethernet. Plenty of USB ports and a couple of others I probably won't use. I upgraded the RAM to 4GB at the time of purchase for around $25, and that can be done without tools.

This is a terrific little PC and after 4-5 weeks with it, no problems whatsoever. Just know what your expectations are when you buy. It's plenty fast enough for everyday use.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2012
Run Linux on it. We have 6 of them installed as heads-up displays in our Network Operations Center. LOVE them. Ubuntu out of the box! HDMI was interesting to get working but it does. The steps are in the Ubuntu forum. Still running after a year, and 24/7 might I add. Cheap, easy and fun to install. Small footprint and low, low, low power draw. Great and I would have them in my house, if I needed them.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2012
this is a great little pc. picked one up about 2 months ago, no hardware issues or downtime with it. literally everything you'll need for hardware, just install an OS and you're done.

plays 1080p movies flawlessly from local disk or over wired network. wireless works well if located in the same room of the transmitter, but not so much through a few walls.

only issue is choppy netflix HD. youtube 1080p plays fine, only chop is with netflix hd. its a software issue with the nvidia ion gpu and ms silverlight(the netflix browser plugin).

all in all, its a good purchase. you couldnt get all this hardware individually for a better price, let alone stuff it into a neat little package like the zbox.