Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tommy Hilfiger Men's Flat-Front Suit Separate Pant
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 5, 2011
I ordered this item to complete a suit. I typically wear a size 32 in khakis (Dockers) and jeans (Levis) that upon washing shrink down to a perfect fit. I ordered a 32x30 for the trim fit and was able to button them with a t-shirt and a regular shirt tucked in but not comfortably. It's close enough that I kept the pants and will have to have them let out a half inch. With my 30" inseam, the leg opening falls at a half-break if the pants are on my hips and has barely any break if the pants are pulled up to the traditional waistline. Besides the slightly small waist, the cut of the pants is perfect.
on May 11, 2014
I normally wear 34/34 jeans but I ordered 36/34 in these trousers because suit pants tend to have less give than jeans and I conceal carry so i wanted to be able to carry IWB. I have had to return these pants and reordered them in a 38/34 because I could barely get the 36/34 pair to button. Never in my life have I had to purchase 38 inch pants until now. The matching jacket fit perfectly but in my experience the pants run too small. They were good quality though.
on August 24, 2013
Usually I wear a size 32 X 32 this fits more like a size 30 X 30 I suggest ordering a size larger than normal.
on September 3, 2013
I wish I ordered my size.... Hilfinger is very nice as usual. I also wish Amazon gave more information on sizing of particular makers. (ex. I wear Dockers and Levis pants 38x32 - for Hilfinger length was OK, but waist was a little small.) Now I tried 40x32 instead.
on August 17, 2013
I am always reticent when it comes to buying cloths online, specially in a generic market place like amazon. That changed with this purchase. You can't beat this price and convenience. Great finishing quality, good materials. Great fitting. I really love it.
on April 26, 2016
Everyone was saying to buy one size up, so I did. Oops. Well, the first thing I will say is that you definitely don't need to do that.
I usually wear a 32X32 pant. I got a 34X32 because so many of the reviews said they run small. I have attached a photo of a pair of banana republic 32X32 slim cut pants that I wear all the time.
As you can see, the waist is bigger - the BR pants measure 34 inches for the 32 inch size. The Tommy Hilfiger pants measure 35 inches for the 34 inch size. Since the are Trim Fit, they are supposed to be cut tighter. That's the point. I guess most consumers miss that. SO obviously they are large in my waist.
The bagginess of the legs and the length are the real issue. A trim fit pant is supposed to be slimmer in the legs. These are a full 2 1/2 wider in the leg which means they are really lose and baggy. The crotch is 2 inches lower and so consequently the pants are 2 inches too long. The inseam is indeed 32 inches, but pants sit at your waist when you wear them, so lowering the crotch means that the pants are 2 inches lower to the ground and they look like bozo pants on me. They aren't at all Trim cut. These are standard cut at best. I am going to have to alter them because there isn't time to send them back and replace them with another size.
review image
on April 3, 2014
I like the cut and fabric of these pants. However the inside seam pulls open and the stitching becomes visible along my inner thigh when I cross my legs. That is indicative of poor stitching and not acceptable at the price point.

These pants are cut slim through the thigh so if you have muscular/large legs you will need a size up. I have a 34" waist and normally wear 34x34 the 36" waist is about right with these pants.
I bought this product thinking it was a reasonable good price for the product. However, when I received it I was completely disappointed: the product was a fake! The material is a coarse wool, the buttons have names that do not match Tommy name... do not waste your money, if I had the chance to see it before I would not pay more than 5 dollars for those pants!!!
on June 19, 2013
I already owned the entire suit, after about 2 years I wore a hole in the pants. I work walking ALL DAY and usually can go through a pair of suit pants in about 3 months, I was so excited when these lasted almost 2 years. I ordered the replacement pants and they match my 2 year old jacket color and material perfectly. Understand that the size really is exact with no play, I usually wear 34 inch waist with occasionally on some suits having to move into 36 and they usually have play. These are not the case buy your exact size I got the 36 and it fits exactly as it should. I own the 34 in another color and had to take them to get let out.
on October 8, 2014
Ordered a 32W x 30L and received a 30W x 32L. Good that Amazon shipped the replacement quickly. Has worn it just several times now and it already started to show something like being worn for years. I say it's not bad for $38 which I paid, but it's definitely not worth more than that.