on June 2, 2011
I recently purchased the Inspire 4G - and its a beauty to behold. This is a powerful phone with great pre-loaded applications. The phone itself is extremely lightweight and feels robust at the same time.
The massive 4.3 inch screen satisfies and it has excellent outer covering aesthetics.

The phone gives support for replacing batteries (just pop open a removal hatch at the back, replace your batter and you're good to go!). This is a huge step up from the stuck-with-one-battery with the iphone.

However, there are a few annoyances that stop from giving a terrific rating.
The single biggest issue is with the battery. The battery performance is quite poor - forcing you to recharge every other day. I use the phone leniently - yet the battery discharges extremely quickly - even with bluetooth, GPS , Wifi switched off!!

Another difficulty I faced is with finding appropriate accessories!! The biggest problem is finding a carrying belt pouch - that conforms to the phone design. If you're like me- and like to keep the phone protected by covering it with a silica gel or plastic covering - good luck in trying to find a suitable belt case that will accommodate the casing!! Iphone cases and pouches have no issues accommodating "covered" iphones!!
Another troubling thing is - none of the cases I see have a slot for the earphone jack. The only option is for you to find a belt pouch that has an open top so you can insert the phone upside down just to get access to the jack!!!

Other than these few gripes - the phone itself is a marvel!!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 6, 2011
i been an htc user ever since 8125 came out. i got the 8125 2 years after it came out and it lasted me 5 years or more. what can i say its my fault that i broke that phone. but i couldve kept it alive if i were to take better care of it. now this phone THE HTC INSPIRE. just like bruno mars song just the way you are. INSPIRE IS AMAZING JUST THE WAY IT IS. I call this the iPhone killer simply coz i hate iphones every since then. the iPhone4 was ok but not too thrilled about it. i had the htc tilt 2 on sight until i found this phone for a good price. instead of buying the tilt 2 which is more for business ppl i was like, i dont need that this fits me and its HTC the best smartphone pda cellphone maker out there.

pro's: everything from features to camera to apps and all that other good stuff.

con's: battery life is ok but not the best. No front camera as ppl complain. wifi sometimes kinda short ranged.
on March 8, 2011
I got the HTC Inspire a few days ago and I am beyond happy with it! The touch screen actually works great and the screen is huge and very clear. The battery life could be better, but with moderate usage, it will still last all day for me, if I just charge it overnight. This phone is quick and has so many different options. It's great, the first phone I have been completely happy with!
on August 22, 2011
I've had this phone for about 5 months and sure it may work for the first 30 days, but afterwards it's not a reliable device.
Firstly the phone has terrible battery life on a basic usage it only lasts about 5-6 hrs.
Secondly, the phone gets no reception and as I browsed through various ATT forums on the issue apparently I'm not the only one having this trouble.

My story is as follows: I live in Baltimore, MD and a few days ago my phone no longer functions as a phone. Its has become an over glorified iPod touch. Basically no matter how many bars show on the phone I get no calls, no texts, I can make no calls and no texts.
And I've taken pretty good care of my phone. Dropped it once 3 months ago and nothing was wrong.
I've lived here for the past 4 years and I've had ATT in this location and an iPhone before this device. Then I upgraded to this phone and few months later nothing. It's a dead phone useless and I'm stuck with a phone that cannot make calls or receive calls.

When buying your phone think about how it'll work out 6 months from now before you get into a 2 year contract you can't get out of.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 14, 2011
I got an Inspire and after 2 weeks had trouble hearing on it or people hearing me. Garbled, and could hear every other word only. Sounded like people where on a tractor and they said they were in their office. They worked with it 5 times and finally said it was defective on the speaker. They sent me another Inspire 4G refurbished as that is what ATT warranty does. Thought these phones were too new to be refurbished?? Now I have this one and it has been to the ATT store 3 times and checked and same problem, but ATT (warranty dept -) will do nothing.. I paid good money for this and like it for text or email, but what good is it if you cannot talk on it all the time, sometimes you can but mostly no.
I would say stay away from this phone until they fix the sound problems in speaking on it.. Two other people were in the ATT office and they had the same problem and returning theirs.. now I don't know what to get. ATT says Motorola Aria but it has bad reviews also., they won't replace mine with another type pone just the same one, so it would be as bad...
I don't have a home phone - so this makes it bad not be able to talk and get constatnly cut off and broken up no matter where I am... it happened in the ATT Store at Rockwall Texas. So I have Magic Jack on my computer to use to talk if I am home - otherwise leave a message.
on April 1, 2011
THIS PHONE IS AWESOME PERIOD....BUT IF YOUR GONNA BUY IT GO TO COSTCO ITS ONLY $19.99 UPGRADE INSTEAD OF $70 OR $99 AND IT COMES WITH A LEATHER CASE/POUCH,HEADPHONES AND CAR CHARGER
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 17, 2011
So I write this as I upgraded from my old school Motorola Razor to the HTC Inspire 4G. I have had the phone since it released on 13 Feb 2011. Not too much I am not happy about. As this is my first smartphone and Android phone, it's hard not to like it all. Overall, I am very happy with the phone itself.

Pros:
-Gorgeous large screen
-Fast processor
-Camera takes really good pictures, however, I noted in a large room the flash is kind of slow and you may get some blurred images. But up close or outdoors the pictures are impeccable.
-Android. I love the apps and the ability to multi-task (something my wifes iphone doesn't seem to do so well)
-I find the android interface and the interfunction of the menu to be much better than that of the iphone 4

Cons:
-I have had some problems with the micro SD card. The phone will randomly lose it's connection with the SD card. For instance, I was listening to music and in the middle of a song the phone told me that there was no SD card installed. I had to reboot the phone (no change), remove and reinstall the SD card for the phone to recognize it. This has happened multiple times. This is the 8GB SD card that came with the phone.
-On day two of owning the phone, I had the aforementioned SD card problem. When I removed the cover, the compartment cover where the SD card and SIM card reside, snapped in half. Fortunately, I was able to get a replacement cover from the AT&T store about a week later from a return. BE VERY CAREFUL REMOVING THIS COVER.
-Battery life is short. It will last the day in standby....But if you use it for anything else frequently, such as a game app, you will be charging it all the time.
-Battery cover is difficult to remove, but I believe will get easier as I do it more.

Neutral
-Noticed signal strength in home is less than it was on my razor, but doesn't seem to affect call/messaging performance.

Hope this helps.
on November 29, 2012
Battery life: nil. And that's after changing it 3 times. If I have a full charge before leaving the house at 8:00 AM, the phone is dead by 1:00 PM.

Reception: Never more than 3 bars anywhere and I live in LA, not Wichita. I miss calls and it doesn't show who called, just that I have voicemail. I miss one of every 3 texts people send me, or I get them hours later.

Operating system: Slow, glitchy. Apps disappear or shut down mid-use.

Display: illegible in sunlight.

Camera: garbage.

If it weren't bad for the environment I would throw this GD POS into the ocean.

DO NOT BUY. THE WORST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE.
on May 28, 2011
I am new to the Android phones and market. I have really liked what I have seen so far. Very user friendly phone, intuitive, fast, sharp and everything that I have wanted. The phone is very customizable and there are so many new apps being added all the time. Many free cool apps as well. I would highly recommend this phone as well as Android. Plus the price was great as I do not believe is spending alot of money on phones.
on August 19, 2012
When I first purchased this phone I was so please, 7 months later the phone would randomly shut off and sometimes restart. Also it freezes and I can only get it going again if I restart the phone and at times it won't let me so I have to pull out the battery to reset. Not even a year and the phone is a mess!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations