Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HTC Inspire 4G Android Phone, Black (AT&T)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 10, 2011
I absolutely love this phone.

Pros:
-Calls are clear. I often make calls outside and when it was windy, callers couldn't hear me on my old phone; this one has no problems and I can be heard as if I'm in a quiet room.
-Tethering. Easy to do, uses wi-fi.
-Apps easy to download.
-Big clock that easily shows on stand-by.
-Difficult to unlock in a case/pocket.
-Very bright flashlight.
-Customization easy.
-Internet is fast almost anywhere.

In the Middle:
-I tried to download every app that was on my iPod Touch on this phone and found 80% of them in the Android market.

Cons:
-A little heavy.
-Gets warm, but not so warm it shuts off.
-Takes about 45-60 secs. to turn off and another 2-3 minutes to turn on.
-If tethering, sucks down the battery life really quick.
-4 GB data limits. Easy to go over if you don't have any other internet source, I easily use 1 GB or more a week.
-Answering calls requires you to swipe a finger, similar to the iPhone/iPod Touch. I would prefer a button.
-Requires a little more signal strength than other devices. I previously got great service in my basement but now must be by the window or upstairs.

Worth the investment and 2 year contract. As a computer science major I highly recommend this phone.
on February 20, 2012
This phone is great...as long as you don't want to talk on the phone.

The colors are great. I love the big screen. I like the Android platform. I like how it's more customizable than the iPhone. There are lots of things to like about it.

But you know, there ARE times when I need to use it not to play Angry Birds, but to make a phone call. Then we have a bit of a problem. I got this phone in August of 11, and I couldn't wait to get rid of it, because it was useless for making phone calls.

This phone drops calls A LOT. I mean, A LOT, even in the middle of the city. Forget about using it in a rural area. I had to buy a cell phone booster to try to be able to use it in my home, still only got one to two bars, and the person I was talking to often said I sounded like I was under water. I've since switched to an iPhone 4; I get four to five bars with the booster and the sound is great, according to the other party. Also, since getting the iPhone, I have four and five bars at all times in the city, whereas I didn't often have full signal with the Inspire--like two and three bars in heavily populated areas where cell towers were plentiful.

The battery life is a joke. Talk time for me was an average max of about 2 hours. I tried letting the phone go completely dead, then not talking on it until it was fully recharged, to no avail. On top of that, the battery cover is really hard to get off, and can be tricky to get back on again. I've had to do several battery pulls because the phone just freezes up and will NOT do anything else. That means having to reset things like ringtones for certain people. That's another thing: even when I haven't done a battery pull, for some reason this phone will decide to randomly assign a tone to a contact. It seemed to like assigning California Dreaming to one of my contacts in particular.

You're more limited than the iPhone as to how many apps you can have at your fingertips. You can download them to the phone, but if your home screens are full, you have to go into the menu to access them. It's also heavy; it's uncomfortable and unbalanced when I try to wear it with a belt clip, but to be fair, that could be the fault of the case (an Otterbox).

To sum up, if you want a phone with great colors and a big screen so you can play games or read books with ease, this is the phone for you. If you actually sometimes need to make a phone call, though, I'd avoid this one like the plague.
on August 22, 2011
I ordered this phone by accident (clicked on the wrong line when ordering, two similarly-named similar-looking Android phones right next to each other, thanks Amazon), and got this phone free with a 2 year contract. After living with it for two months, I'm glad I didn't pay money for it; it's not worth it.

The good: it's cheap, and it's reasonably fast.

The bad: First, it weighs a ton. Apparently what lots of reviewers mean when they say "sturdy" is "can be used in place of a brickbat as a melee weapon." The screen is almost impossible to read in anything resembling daylight. And, and here's the most serious problem, the battery life is awful -- 4 hours talk time my foot, I'm doing good to get through a 1 hour phone call on a battery charge. It's also only barely good for maybe an hour, hour and a half running any navigation app; as soon as the GPS antenna icon lights up, I can watch the battery gauge visibly drop. It was even worse before the Gingerbread update. I ended up spending the money to get two spare batteries, because three full batteries are just barely enough to get me through the day.

If I could send it back and get something with an AMOLED display, like the Samsung Infuse 4G Android Phone (AT&T) I *thought* I'd ordered, I'd do so in a heartbeat.
on May 7, 2012
Its been 10 months i bought this phone and I am really enjoying this. Its a pleasure to browse internet in this phone. Its super fast and very easy to use. Though the battery dies fast, I always carry the charger with me so its not a problem to me. I love the GPS feature too. You can use GPS though there is no at&t signal. Its little bulky but if you talk a lot on phone, then its a problem. The only thing which I am dissatisfied is the speaker phone volume. The speakerphone is little low and not very clear to the person on the other side. The volume of the media is also not v. good. When i try to listen to songs in my car using the phone connecting it to the AV, i need to put full volume in the car. But the volume is not bad if you listen songs using earphones. I love the camera. The photos quality is too good ! Infact i printed them too..

If you want to use this phone, to check mails, to answer calls, take photos and videos.. this is THE BEST PHONE ! My husband has an iphone 4 but he likes to use my phone to browse.
on May 23, 2011
I just got this phone at another retail store and so far im still getting used to the phone when texting it's a much larger phone than my previous phone. Everything is good about it except the battery life which doesn't last that long only about a couple of hours or less depending if im using it for playing games or talking on the phone. I especially like the 8mp camera/720p camcorder, it's really useful for taking pictures and you don't need a separate camera or camcorder anymore!

[Update]: I have now overclocked my phone by rooting it and installing cyanogen mod 7 on it, it's now at 1.5 GHz and i adjusted it so it only uses 245 Mhz when not in use so it uses less battery power. The overclocking feature is built into the cyanogen mod 7 and there are several other features that make this phone even better than it already is! I also recommend buying a zagg screen protector to protect the screen even though the screen is made out of gorilla glass.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2015
I have owned this phone for almost five years and was very happy with it. All the apps worked as intended other than the music app, which always skipped. The phone has received an OS update two years ago, but the update did not slow it down at all. Bluetooth and wifi work excellently even years later. The battery that came with the phone lasted over three years, and only recently had to be replaced. All in all, great hardware.
on November 29, 2012
Battery life: nil. And that's after changing it 3 times. If I have a full charge before leaving the house at 8:00 AM, the phone is dead by 1:00 PM.

Reception: Never more than 3 bars anywhere and I live in LA, not Wichita. I miss calls and it doesn't show who called, just that I have voicemail. I miss one of every 3 texts people send me, or I get them hours later.

Operating system: Slow, glitchy. Apps disappear or shut down mid-use.

Display: illegible in sunlight.

Camera: garbage.

If it weren't bad for the environment I would throw this GD POS into the ocean.

DO NOT BUY. THE WORST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE.
on July 4, 2011
Pros:
awesome phone with great look and feel
very good and pretty accurate touch screen
nice camera
not heavy for the built
outlook sync without additional software or tool to buy (unlike samsung infuse 4G)
phone can be mounted in PC using basic micro USB cable with various options pretty neat
some of the default apps came with the phone works pretty accurate

Then why two star?

Cons:
Terrible terrible battery life ( I tried all the tricks, tips that was posted in every website )
Could not make the battery to last more than 8 hours with very basic use, even if I don't use
the phone for 8 hours battery drains. It comes from 2/3 the battery level to almost zero in a very
short period of time.
It is like rocket science to open the door for sim card and SD card (i know we don't need to use that
door often, but still scared to open now)
Battery door is worse then the SD card door

At least battery is a deal breaker for me, it is going back.
on May 28, 2011
I moved to HTC Inspire from iPhone 4 to enjoy the compatibility (ability to Sync) with Microsoft Outlook and Google Accounts. Reception is better, and downloads are much faster on HTC Inspire than they were on the iPhone 4. AT&T still drops my calls at least 2 or 3 times each day. My biggest complaint with HTC is that I am required to have a battery charger nearby at all times - and I am required to charge the battery several times each day regardless of use. HTC should come up with a firmware fix to address the battery life. Not the "smartest" Smart Phone on the market (in my opinion).
on May 27, 2011
I am new to the Android phones and market. I have really liked what I have seen so far. Very user friendly phone, intuitive, fast, sharp and everything that I have wanted. The phone is very customizable and there are so many new apps being added all the time. Many free cool apps as well. I would highly recommend this phone as well as Android. Plus the price was great as I do not believe is spending alot of money on phones.