on August 19, 2012
When I first purchased this phone I was so please, 7 months later the phone would randomly shut off and sometimes restart. Also it freezes and I can only get it going again if I restart the phone and at times it won't let me so I have to pull out the battery to reset. Not even a year and the phone is a mess!
on May 19, 2012
To begin, I have owned this phone REFURBISHED since last September. I have had no problems except for things I have done to make the phone freeze. I never turn it off to let it "rest" either. I have dropped this phone multiple times (and they were pretty hefty drops) but it has never failed to be perfectly fine when I check it out afterwards. It is very fast and loads everything up very quickly unless I don't have good wifi or service. I have adored this phone and when it's time for a new one I might just stick with the same phone. Also keep in mind that I am a teen girl who gets over things quickly. AND I do a lot on this phone. The battery life isn't fabulous but then again if you're on it all the time the battery isn't going to last you all day. Actually I put it on airplane mode throughout the school day when I am not using it so that the battery doesn't die with my phone searching for service. (I don't get service in my school.) One, the single one and only problem that I've ever had with this phone is that on the keyboard (which is touch) when I try and push a certain button sometimes it'll be like the button isn't there. Which isn't a big deal because the few times that it does happen I can turn the phone sideways and use the keyboard fine like that.
on May 18, 2012
I love this phone but, no front facing camera, low battery life and mine freezes sometimes and no one can hear me when I have speaker phone on. Those r my only complaints, I don't mind the weight of the phone. Its functionality is good. Easy to navigate the software on it.
on May 8, 2012
Its been 10 months i bought this phone and I am really enjoying this. Its a pleasure to browse internet in this phone. Its super fast and very easy to use. Though the battery dies fast, I always carry the charger with me so its not a problem to me. I love the GPS feature too. You can use GPS though there is no at&t signal. Its little bulky but if you talk a lot on phone, then its a problem. The only thing which I am dissatisfied is the speaker phone volume. The speakerphone is little low and not very clear to the person on the other side. The volume of the media is also not v. good. When i try to listen to songs in my car using the phone connecting it to the AV, i need to put full volume in the car. But the volume is not bad if you listen songs using earphones. I love the camera. The photos quality is too good ! Infact i printed them too..

If you want to use this phone, to check mails, to answer calls, take photos and videos.. this is THE BEST PHONE ! My husband has an iphone 4 but he likes to use my phone to browse.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
After a reasonable amount of deliberation, my fiance Denis and I decided on the HTC Inspire when it came time to replace my old phone. Our decision was based on three major criteria: operating system, functionality, and reviews. I expected a pretty good product, but have been pleasantly surprised - HTC's Inspire is an excellent phone.

Here's why I love it:

1. Android OS - OS preference (Android vs. iOS vs. Windows Mobile) is really a matter of personal preference. I like Android because it's robust and efficient and because it doesn't tie one to any specific purveyor of apps. Countless free and inexpensive apps add nigh-unlimited functionality.

2. Functionality - three important features carried this phone to the top of the list of contenders.

First, it works with ATT's 'FamilyMap,' a service that allows Denis to locate my phone (and thus me) from his (and vice-versa). As the fiance of a cyclist who often puts in 50+ solo miles per day, it does a lot for Denis' peace of mind. He feels better knowing that if I ever get stranded somewhere or am hurt in an accident, he can find me easily.

Second, it doubles as a mobile hot-spot, allowing me to connect my laptop or tablet PC to the internet anywhere I have signal. As a highly-mobile college student, I appreciate having the ability to keep in touch with my professors and peers and submit assignments from almost anywhere on earth.

Third, the built-in GPS allows me to map and track my rides easily - very handy for my training plan as a competitive cyclist - and to use GPS-based cue sheets on long solo rides or brevets. Mounted on the stem of my bike in its iArmbands holder, it doubles as speedometer, navigation system, and training tracker. Brilliant.

I was hesitant to adopt a fully touch-screen-driven phone, since I'm a textaholic and I've had some bad (if hilarious) results with other touch-screen phones (especially Denis' Blackberry Storm). The Inspire's touch screen has allayed my fears. No need to worry about my texts suggesting that I'm both illiterate and inebriated - big 'keys' track touch extremely well.

Perhaps the best surprise, though, has been the excellent 8MP camera. I was expecting crisp high-resolution pictures, but not the array of real-camera features packed into this pocket-sizes phone: auto- or manual focus, auto-or manual ISO, and a great deal more. It also offers fun effects (I especially like the sepia-tone and black-and-white options).

Battery life is better than expected, even with GPS turned on. How long it lasts, of course, depends on usage -- some of my favorite games are huge drains, but riding around in my pocket or on my bike, sending the occasional text, and so forth, it's good for at least a full day-and-a-half without a recharge.

Oh, the sound quality is also good. On the rare occasion that I actually used it as a *phone,* my old phone made it ridiculously hard to hear whoever was on the other end. On the Inspire, callers come through loud and clear.

Bravo, HTC!
on August 23, 2011
I ordered this phone by accident (clicked on the wrong line when ordering, two similarly-named similar-looking Android phones right next to each other, thanks Amazon), and got this phone free with a 2 year contract. After living with it for two months, I'm glad I didn't pay money for it; it's not worth it.

The good: it's cheap, and it's reasonably fast.

The bad: First, it weighs a ton. Apparently what lots of reviewers mean when they say "sturdy" is "can be used in place of a brickbat as a melee weapon." The screen is almost impossible to read in anything resembling daylight. And, and here's the most serious problem, the battery life is awful -- 4 hours talk time my foot, I'm doing good to get through a 1 hour phone call on a battery charge. It's also only barely good for maybe an hour, hour and a half running any navigation app; as soon as the GPS antenna icon lights up, I can watch the battery gauge visibly drop. It was even worse before the Gingerbread update. I ended up spending the money to get two spare batteries, because three full batteries are just barely enough to get me through the day.

If I could send it back and get something with an AMOLED display, like the Samsung Infuse 4G Android Phone (AT&T) I *thought* I'd ordered, I'd do so in a heartbeat.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 11, 2011
great android phone, everything works excellent - no draw backs, slowdowns or freezing up.
the only thing that bothers me is that it is on heavy/bulky side - but that's what makes that screen big and crisp.
my battery life is ok.
on August 10, 2011
Skip this one. Sure the screen is big and has lots of apps, but the call quality is very bad. The advertised "stereo speakers" is a joke. Worst sound ever, validated at an ATT store by a rep who had the same probs. Forget about good picture quality from the supposed 8MB camera.
on August 10, 2011
I absolutely love this phone.

Pros:
-Calls are clear. I often make calls outside and when it was windy, callers couldn't hear me on my old phone; this one has no problems and I can be heard as if I'm in a quiet room.
-Tethering. Easy to do, uses wi-fi.
-Apps easy to download.
-Big clock that easily shows on stand-by.
-Difficult to unlock in a case/pocket.
-Very bright flashlight.
-Customization easy.
-Internet is fast almost anywhere.

In the Middle:
-I tried to download every app that was on my iPod Touch on this phone and found 80% of them in the Android market.

Cons:
-A little heavy.
-Gets warm, but not so warm it shuts off.
-Takes about 45-60 secs. to turn off and another 2-3 minutes to turn on.
-If tethering, sucks down the battery life really quick.
-4 GB data limits. Easy to go over if you don't have any other internet source, I easily use 1 GB or more a week.
-Answering calls requires you to swipe a finger, similar to the iPhone/iPod Touch. I would prefer a button.
-Requires a little more signal strength than other devices. I previously got great service in my basement but now must be by the window or upstairs.

Worth the investment and 2 year contract. As a computer science major I highly recommend this phone.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I moved to HTC Inspire from iPhone 4 to enjoy the compatibility (ability to Sync) with Microsoft Outlook and Google Accounts. Reception is better, and downloads are much faster on HTC Inspire than they were on the iPhone 4. AT&T still drops my calls at least 2 or 3 times each day. My biggest complaint with HTC is that I am required to have a battery charger nearby at all times - and I am required to charge the battery several times each day regardless of use. HTC should come up with a firmware fix to address the battery life. Not the "smartest" Smart Phone on the market (in my opinion).
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations