Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on May 17, 2012
I love this phone but, no front facing camera, low battery life and mine freezes sometimes and no one can hear me when I have speaker phone on. Those r my only complaints, I don't mind the weight of the phone. Its functionality is good. Easy to navigate the software on it.
on August 19, 2012
When I first purchased this phone I was so please, 7 months later the phone would randomly shut off and sometimes restart. Also it freezes and I can only get it going again if I restart the phone and at times it won't let me so I have to pull out the battery to reset. Not even a year and the phone is a mess!
on June 30, 2012
I owned an HTC Hero, a Legend, a Desire(Bravo) and an iPhone as well.

The Inspire is the worst of them. It's huge, like a brick, heavy, quite inconvenient to keep it in pocket, even with a relatively thin case.
The display quality is not so good, the colors are worse than on my previous generation HTC smartphones.
The display is also very reflective, it cant't be seen in sunshine. I also don't like that all controls are on the touchscreen.
The battery life is a joke. Even I use Juice Defender app, it can't keep running for a day. Actually, if I disconnect the charger at morning, it will die at early night.
Sound wise the ringtones are not loud enough to hear when it's in the pocket or backpack.
The GPS is also very weak, takes 5 minutes to find the satellite and often went out without reason, interrupting the navigation. The only help was in that situation to restart the system.

The only thing was satisfying is the speed. Usually it worked quite fast, if worked. I would never buy again.

Update: it's getting even worse day by day. I have to restart it every day 1-2 times. It fails to receive or start calls, fails to connect to Wi-Fi, etc. The most frustrating device I have ever used.
Update2: It getting worse week by week. It's latest trick is to shutdown the phone every time I use the camera flash. It's not about the battery, because the same shit happens if the battery is full. What a piece of crap...
on January 24, 2012
I decided to get this phone after reading the reviews for this model and a for a few other phones that were eligible for the AT&T upgrade. I am very pleased with my choice. It is reasonably easy to learn to use (although a user's guide would have been helpful). Voices sound crisp and clear during calls with no interference; this was probably the most important factor for me. I have even been able to use the speaker phone successfully. It picks up a sufficient signal in all the places that my previous phone did, and in some areas is even better at getting a signal. It has a lot of internal memory, and also comes with an sd card for added memory. Currently, if you have this phone with AT&T service, you will not be able to use the Amazon android app store; instead you will need to go directly to the Android app store; if I had known this sooner it would have saved me a lot of time trying to find out where to go to download apps. I have read that Amazon has been working with AT&T to change this. The only major drawback that I have found is the limited selection of profiles for incoming calls/alerts. This phone allows for 3: Normal, Vibrate, and Silent (plus airplane mode). They can be customized as to ring volume, etc. However, my previous phone, which was a very simple one, allowed for several different sound profiles, so that I could quickly choose according to various needs. For example, I would really like the ability to have this phone "beep once and vibrate" which was the setting on my old phone that I always used while at work. Perhaps there is an app somewhere that will allow for more choices like this. All in all, this is really a great phone!

ETA: I found an app in the android store called "Quick Profiles" that allows you to make additional profiles. Now I am even happier with the phone!
on August 10, 2011
Skip this one. Sure the screen is big and has lots of apps, but the call quality is very bad. The advertised "stereo speakers" is a joke. Worst sound ever, validated at an ATT store by a rep who had the same probs. Forget about good picture quality from the supposed 8MB camera.
on December 15, 2011
I have had this phone for 5 months, and it is by far the best phone I have ever had. I have owned a very many phones over a period of 17 years. Not only did I fall in love with android, but I fell in love with HTC. I was a little leary about getting a phone I knew nothing about, but I trusted my at&t sales rep and bought it. I have had almost no problems with it. I have way to many pictures and text messages on it and it causes it to freeze up sometimes but not much(which can be expected with so much space taken up). I usually just restart it and it is fine. Every so often I go through and delete things to give it a little bit of a break lol. I have never loved a phone as much as I love this one. I have dropped it on my ceramic tile in my kitchen and bathroom and it didn't even have so much as a scratch on it. I also dropped it on my concrete steps in my garage and again nothing happened to it. I have to say if you are going to get a smart phone (or any phone for that matter) this is the one to get. It has an 8MP camera which is awesome and the color is so vibrant I can hardly stand looking or using anyone else's phone. I have to say this phone has me spoiled. When it comes time to upgrade I will get another HTC phone. Also if you lose your phone you can download an app called android lost from your computer to your phone. It will send you the last messages sent and received, phone calls, take a picture from your phone, send crazy loud "help me I'm lost" messages (the phone can be on silent and it still plays it loud), you can set the phone to lock up and notify you if a different sim card is inserted, and many more great things to find your phone. On top of all those things it gives you a gps location within 7 meters of where your phone is. Trust me it works. My phone was stolen and I used this app and it had an arrow directly on the house where the phone was. All of this is emailed to you and the person with your phone has no idea any of this is going on. Awesome phone I highly recommend it to everyone!!!
on October 27, 2011
I've had my Inspire for 6 months and I am extremely pleased with it. As noted, the stock battery life is terrible! However, there is a setting that comes enabled on the phone, and turning it off makes the battery last all day and then some. Just turn off this setting: Settings --> Wireless controls --> Mobile networks --> Enable always-on mobile

On to the phone: At the time I bought it, this phone was the fastest phone at around $50. Its quick. Really quick for a mid range smartphone. Its noticeably faster than the Droid Xs that people I know have. The screen is great, and the data connection is fine for me (and I just have 3G where I live). This phone has great performance on every app I've used with it, including games. The performance is so good on this device that I don't really feel it would be worth upgrading to anything else until some apps come out that require a bit more horsepower.

The phone body is quality for its price level; solid construction, mostly aluminum exterior. It feels nice and is surprisingly light for being a bigger phone. Its not up to comparison versus an iPhone in its design and exterior quality, but it does have the performance of an iPhone without the price.

Highly recommend this phone, but right now I'd probably see if there was anything a bit newer or wait for a new phone to come out. This one is probably going to get replaced shortly.
on September 26, 2011
Although I've just gotten this phone I realize that it doesn't pick up a signal nearly as good as my old trusty broken hinged LG cu515. The old 515 will have several signal bars on it and this super smart phone doesn't have any...ANY!!!! Granted I do live out in the country but if the other phone works out here then what's the problem ATT?

While navigating the labyrinth of all the features, I've discovered that the interface isn't exactly intuitive. Between the navigational difficulties and the off and on signal issues, this hasn't been an enjoyable phone day.

Next adventure: Tethering.

Ok update: one month later. I turned it back in at the ATT store and the only regret I have is that I never got to use the "square" credit card app. Of course if I had wanted to use it I'm sure this little treasure wouldn't have had any signal.

Let me just send out a big *SHAME ON YOU ATT*, spending all that money on advertizing and not enough on infrastructure to support this phone. I spent PLENTY of time on the phone talking to a bevy of "customer care specialists" who all apologized profusely for my problems. I'm figuring they have plenty of practice with the apologies. Also, what's with a company that doesn't mind you, the customer paying their salaries, having to wait 6 minutes for the next customer care specialist? They must have spent plenty on the studies to tell them just how much crap we would take.

So I've gone back to a little old Nokia. I can get reception where the 500$ phone would still be saying "out of service area".
It seems the first function of the Inspire isn't to be a telephone, but to be a small money making machine for ATT. I found it difficult to use while driving, impossible to punch a number in while holding it in one hand, but it did have the 3.5mm head set jack that allows you to use that universal plug. Damn all those other phones that have their particular headphones and adapters and all that. The touch screen takes a lot of getting used to as the "end call" button is right next to the dial pad and even after waiting 10 minutes to speak to one of those customer care specialists you can inadvertently hang up on them with one careless swipe of a thumb.... oh just imagine the aggravation. Another problem is that if your caller hangs up before you, in that split second when you press the button to hang up, because they've already ended the call, you'll call them back. Touch a name in the address book and you'll call them, even if you don't want to. Try to figure out how to save your numbers to the SIM card once they're "linked". I did say that the interface isn't intuitive.

If you've already got enough stress and tedium in your life and live outside of a city then this phone probably isn't for you... it only took me a month to find that out.

Oh and I never even got around to "tethering" as the service sucked so badly that there was no point.
on December 15, 2014
This phone is crap. Missed calls, unable to upload my pictures, videos, etc. I can't even recieve or send pics by text msg. drops calls-goes from 3-4 bars down to one, then none, then back to three (after dropping the call). my previous HTC 3 g was great. this one should have never made it past beta testing.
on August 11, 2011
great android phone, everything works excellent - no draw backs, slowdowns or freezing up.
the only thing that bothers me is that it is on heavy/bulky side - but that's what makes that screen big and crisp.
my battery life is ok.