Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 1, 2011
THIS PHONE IS AWESOME PERIOD....BUT IF YOUR GONNA BUY IT GO TO COSTCO ITS ONLY $19.99 UPGRADE INSTEAD OF $70 OR $99 AND IT COMES WITH A LEATHER CASE/POUCH,HEADPHONES AND CAR CHARGER
on June 11, 2011
Have had this phone over 3 months now and love nearly everything about it. I returned an iphone 4 due to problems and like this MUCH better. It is very responsive & the screen is gorgeous! Calls are very clear and rarely ever drop, unless I'm talking to someone on an iphone (think we know what the problem is there). The 8MP camera takes great outdoor pictures - as good as most digital cameras, if not better (indoor acceptable, but hey it's a phone). Video & sound are also excellent. The 4.3" screen size is just right for me - not too small to watch videos and not so large that I can't pocket it.

DATA speeds were initially not the greatest, but that problem was solved with the recent software update & continuing ATT network improvements (I am in the Boston). I now get around 2-2.5 Mbps down and 1-1.5 Mbps up (prior to update, upload was capped at 300 Kbps).

Downsides? The screen is not so easy to see in sunlight, but don't find myself doing that much anyway. Battery life isn't great, but definitely much better than I expected with this size screen. It got even better with the recent software update. Turning off some apps that auto-start, especially location services you don't use, helps a lot. I turn off GPS, Wifi and bluetooth unless I'm using them (it still uses cell tower location services) and I usually get 2 full days with moderate calling before needing a recharge.

The only problem I had is that the SD card cover cracked in half when I was trying to take it off (known defect - don't hold it by the sides when removing). But I could still put it back on in two pieces, and HTC sent out a new one at no cost to me.
on April 10, 2011
Ok , The HTC Inspire 4G delivers all what it promises , the 4.3 display is awesome , the android 2.2 (froyo) is great , the phone is super fast with no lags , the only draw back is the battery life ( which is also as promised in the specs 1230) , but it is not enough for heavy users , all in all this phone is a great experience and i recommend it very much .
on April 11, 2011
The ATT/HTC Inspire 4G is a lovely and sexy phone, but is not anywhere near ready for a serious business user. I've invested many hours into the phone during this past week, but have been unable to achieve reliable Outlook or Gmail synchronization. Weak email and phone features, plus a basic phone bug didn't help either. What a disappointing waste of my time. I have returned this phone to ATT.

Specifics:
Phone bug. The included Voice Dialing included app did not work out of the box. The program failed on startup and gave an error message. ATT customer service told me to repair or exchange the phone. I've since found that voice search also did not work.

Clunky HTC user interface. Answering a phone call requires three separate actions: turn screen on (button); unlock phone (swipe screen); answer call (touch on-screen button). Two separate actions to hang up a call. Much too complex - it's one movement on any other phone.

Poor Microsoft Outlook synchronization software. HTC Sync software (from HTC.com) is barely beta quality and simply doesn't work: only one Outlook Contact folder gets synced (same as Apple's MobileMe, but far inferior to BBerry); sync is not performed on full Contact names - it omits second and middle names; the software corrupts my Outlook Contact folder with truncated Contact names; not all new phone-created Calendar entries make it back to Outlook; Bookmark sync has no effect on the phone's bookmarks; HTC Sync software opens very slowly - takes up to 3 minutes on my business laptop while it says `Updating htc library...' I corresponded with, then spoke to HTC support, who acknowledged most of these shortcomings, promised upgrades, but couldn't say when.

Poor Gmail synchronization. The phone, surprisingly, also integrates poorly with Gmail: Contacts do not sync completely: not all of my 3000 Contacts moved to the phone from Gmail; new phone Contacts didn't always get back to Gmail. (Contact Sync between my laptop Outlook and Gmail works fine with Google Apps for Business.)

I had expected to spend time on setup, but was surprised by the immaturity of both the phone and its supporting software. I am already a Google Apps for Business customer and find that it generally works. But with a week of effort, I was simply unable to get this ATT/HTC phone to the point where I could use it for my business. It's certainly an attractive product. But it is simply not ready for a business user.
on October 4, 2011
I've had this phone for about 6 months now, and I love it. Both of my brothers got one as well. None of us have had any regrets. In fact, my brother's girlfriend and my wife both switched to HTC Inspires after using ours.

Is it better than the iPhone? Without a doubt. The Inspire is more like a small computer than a phone. An iPhone, even the new 4S, is more like an iPod. It is a very limited device characterized by rows of apps (many of which are more expensive than their identical Android counterparts). The Inspire, on the other hand, has widgets, can play flash, has multiple stores to buy apps from (including the Amazon app store, which gives you a different paid app for free each day!), had a much bigger screen, and costs much less.

I have rooted my phone and put Gingerbread and HTC Sense 3.0 on it, and it is still running smoothly. Battery life is fine - I charge every night and get through every day without a problem. The screen still looks great. The only cons I would mention are the battery cover and the bloatware ATT installs on your phone and won't let you remove (unless you root the phone).

If you've never used Android before, there is a small learning curve - but you went through that when you used a computer for the first time as well:-) Embrace the change, and you will be surprised at how much more you can do with this phone.
on December 27, 2011
I know people always say they don't write reviews, but I really don't. I just feel compelled to let you know how great a phone this is. I am a 42 yr old mother of 2. I've had this phone for 8 months and simply can't live without it! I live among a family of I Phone users, and was determined to not own another Apple slave product! :)

Aside from that, the screen on this phone is just indestructible. My Autistic 5yr. old son plays lots of games on it, I throw it in my purse along with my keys, I wear earrings that have scratched every other phone I've owned and this screen is still pristine after 8 months. I do not have a screen protector on it. I do suggest buying a soft rubberized case for it as the design and material it is made of make it a bit slippery to hold. The case has saved this phone from slipping off of the table or any sleek surface.

I've noticed some complaining about the battery life, but that is just typical of a smart phone. With normal usage, I only have to charge the battery every few days. If my son plays games it may need to be charged daily.

I am very satisfied with this phones performance, in fact impressed at times. It has become an intricate part of my day and I rely on it more than I thought I ever would rely on a phone. I highly recommend this product.
on July 6, 2012
The battery life is just pathetic. I had to have a charger constantly on me to get through the day. The phone froze up constantly, making me have to remove the battery and insert it again in order to make it boot up again. On one occasion when it booted, it had done a factory reset, deleting all my apps and information. Also, after that reset, I never was able to load Google Play again, leaving me with the old android market app. I have three acquaintences with the same phone; two of which are just as unsatisfied (so 75% of the people I know, including myself, are totally regretting having made the purchase). I am not giving up on android phones, but any one who asks me, I would insist they do not get any HTC phone whatsoever. You should go with a Samsung or a Motorola instead (or an iPhone if you're an iOS fan).
on February 13, 2012
Don't buy this phone!! I purchased this phone in May 2011 from Amazon wireless. Later in the summer, HTC sends me an OS upgrade, so I download it. The results? Terrible glitches in the texting (particularly when it qwerty mode), frequent crashes (several times a week the phone shuts itself off and restarts), the touch screen often freezes or goes to black and I have to remove the battery to get it to come back on (no easy task given the way the battery is shoved so tightly into the battery compartment). Since I bought this on Amazon, I turned to HTC first. The HTC rep told me over the phone they are aware of all these issues, but they don't have a fix for them. Thanks HTC. So, I went to the AT&T store, the rep there said they couldn't help me, to try AT&T technical support. Tech support sent me on to warranty. Warranty ships me a new (refurbished) phone to replace the old glitchy one. Not 6hrs after turning on the new phone, it's already doing the same things as the old phone. At this point, the warranty on the phone runs out before I am eligible for an upgrade. I will NEVER buy another HTC.
on March 20, 2011
Okay, I was a little silly on the title but in all seriousness this is an excellent phone. I've had it for about 3 weeks and admit I still have a lot to learn but everything new I learn about this phone only solidifies my opinion of it. I guess the main objections I have are two-fold.
1. The ring volume is really poor. At nearly 50 my ears aren't quite what they used to be and my last phone had a very loud max-ring volume and I really enjoyed that.
2. The vibrate feature is also very poor. The phone is far too large for me to put into my pocket so I rely on a hip-pouch and unless I have that puppy sitting RIGHT on my hip-bone there's a good chance I won't feel the vibration. Now, couple that with my first objection to this phone and...yes, I've missed some calls. If I don't hear it and don't feel it then obviously I don't always know when I'm receiving an incoming call.
However! These two 'cons' are not enough for me to rate this phone with anything less than 5 stars. I LOVE this phone. The 4G is truly lightning-fast. I'm shocked at how fast this baby downloads whatever I am doing. The clarity of the screen, the 8 Mega-pix camera, ability to record/take pics in HD, availability of FREE apps for Android phones, SD Card is removable WITHOUT having to pull the battery, the phones ability to be a WAP (Wireless Access Point) so other devices can connect to the Internet via WiFi being provided BY the phone...oh, and BTW, you can have the phone doing that while you're talking on it, etc. Oh, and don't forget...this is Android 2.2, not 2.1. Do a little research and you'll see the advantages including managing the hardware resources of the phone.

I've read some reviews that object to the battery life. To that I say, "People need to understand what all this phone is doing". Yes, I have to charge the phone every night - big deal. I expect that and so should anyone running a smart-phone of this caliber.
on November 27, 2011
After reading some reviews on this phone I could not believe that some people actually put a bad review!!! This phone is so incredible that it could change a stubborn old ladys mind .... Really. I just want to say especially to the guy who lives in Baltimore , actually I want to say this to everyone who put a one star- IF THE PHONE DOESN'T WORK THE CALL THE COMPANY!!!! YOU HAVE A WARRENTY !!!! This is obviously true because everybody else ,including me - put a five star!!! About the battery - if you use any phone ..including iPhone (trust me my wife has one) for five hours straight of course its gonna die that goes for everything!!!! this phone is gold and unstopable ther isn't anything this pho.e can not do .. if your gonna put a bad review at least do it on something that's actually a flaw in design ,such as the speaker is on the back.. in my opinion ,that is the only thing wrong with this phone at all. Almost went with Samsung infuse -only reason... Front facing camera - but if that the only reason go with this because it can do all the same stuff - final words - this phone is classy