Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 31, 2012
I would recommend this smartphone to anyone. It's a great deal for your money. If you can get the lapdock. Although this model is from last year, it is still one of the top rated smartphones on toptenreviews.com.
on May 10, 2011
I bought the Motorola Atrix to replace my iPhone 3GS. The iPhone frustrated me - there were basic features I thought the iPhone should have that it didn't, such as quick calendar appointment entries, configurable keyboard and autocorrect, better integration with google voice search, speech to text entry for every app, etc. I was a bit skeptical about Android at first but now I can see that Android phones will take over the world.
First of all the Atrix works great out of the box and is intuitive to use. Android has widgets which allow the app to interact from the home screen - for example to display live updates without actually switching to that app. So you get live weather, news, social network updates, stock quotes etc. through your home screen. Music players (like Rhapsody) allow you to skip songs through the widget. This is a really nice advantage of Android vs. iPhone.
However, the best thing about Android is that it allows customization. So, if there is something that you'd like to change, Android allows full customization of the phone (while iPhone does not). There's an app called "Tasker" that allows you to configure almost any aspect of the phone operation. For example, if the phone is in the car dock, I have the Atrix read me my incoming SMS messages. Google "tasker lifehacker superphone" for many more examples.
Speech to text works great and is available on nearly every app, including todo lists, sms, and email. Just tap the microphone icon and start composing. No more pecking at the touchscreen keyboard and having iPhone (incorrectly) guess what you intended. However, if you like the touchscreen keyboard of iPhone, you'll be blown away by the Android Swype keyboard - many times faster and you have full control over autocorrection.
All the iPhone apps that I used regularly have Android versions.
Battery life is great (better than iPhone), the processing power of the phone is way better than iphone4 (Atrix uses the Tegra2 processor which has the same processing power as an iPad2), and the form factor is very thin and light.
on April 22, 2011
This is my first smartphone and I am entirely satisfied. At the AmazonWireless price, the phone is a bargain that can not be beat. At the AT&T price, I might have expected more (not that I can think of what more I could expect from a mobile device). Be sure to make all of the updates before trying anything too complex like syncing with a personal computer. The touchscreen is very responsive and provides clear, rich screen resolutions. The speaker is very good as is call clarity even with minimal reception. Download speeds are more then satisfactory from both WiFi and AT&T (at least in DC). Function speed is amazing thanks to the dual core. Battery life is respectable given what the phone is capable of doing. You really can't go wrong with this phone at AmazonWireless's price.
on September 13, 2013
I've owned 3 of these because the screen keeps dying; the first developed areas where touch wasn't detected, the second had uneven brightness, the third has both but I'm still using it. The other major downside is the Ice-Cream Sandwich OS (Android 4.1) update from Motorola got canceled so this device is no longer supported by the manufacturer or Google. You have to go to forums or get XDA help.

But I keep getting the same phone hoping for better luck, so there must be some positives, right? Yes! The phone day-to-day is excellent. The cost-per-performance is great (got it for a penny through AT&T), the power button doubles as a fingerprint scanner (very reliable), kevlar back is sexy, rounded form is sleek and simple. Battery lasts me ~30 hrs with moderate use on auto-brightness, games and videos play smoothly, durable frame takes a lot of punishment... I dropped it while biking, kicked it into the street, and it literally got hit by a car; worked perfectly for another 4 months! Camera is good, front cam useful for video chat, LED for flash or flashlight. I <3 this phone!

I just really wish it was more reliable because I would keep buying it. I root and install custom ROM so I get better than stock Gingerbread OS.
on March 14, 2012
BEWARE! There is really NO WARRANTY on this phone: The Motorola warranty does not cover "physical damage" and Motorola defines even scratches on the phone as "physical damage" and as evidence' of "trauma." (!) They then use this "physical damage" as an excuse to void the warranty and NOT to repair the real problem, which is that the WiFi suddenly stops working after a few months. (Just Google "Atrix WiFi will not turn on. Error" to find hundreds of complaints about this same problem.)
on March 14, 2011
I've seen a lot of people talking, chatting and posting that AT&T doesn't have 4G in a lot of places...okay I agree with that. To me, it doesn't matter since I don't know what I'm missing and to me, there is soooooo much more to this phone than 4G. First, I love Android. This is so cool, now I know what I've been missing. I'm 43 years old so I remember the first time I got on the internet and thrill of it. I experienced the same thrill with this phone. Does it have an 8 meg. camera? No but I can remember getting my first digital camera that had 7.5 and people telling me that I didn't need a camera with so many megapixels. I love the flow of everything. I have to admit that I'm still trying to learn everything but I really love it so far.
on March 27, 2011
This phone is fantastic. It's currently the best phone on the market. The complaints from the other customer reviews are rendered invalid when compared to the professional reviews from sites like Cnet and Engadget who praised the hell out of the device. But a little advice; DO NOT USE MOTOBLUR and TURN OFF NOISE CANCELLATION FOR THE PHONE MIC. If you don't do both those things, you might have some issues. Also the call quality is great on the phone. It's made by Motorola and they have a sterling reputation for excellent quality in both their mics and speakers, and the Atrix is no exception. Couldn't be more pleased with my new phone :)
on September 3, 2012
i was looking for a good unlocked smartphone (I live in Brazil) that runs Android and with a reasonable price (below 300 USD) and i guess i found it.
This is my second smartphone (the first one i got was a Motorola Milestone), and i've been using it for 1 month now. So far, i'm really impressed: it's really fast (it responds very quickly to our commands, apps open almost immediately) and stable (no reboots, no hangs -- things that i was used to with my old Milestone). The Android version is also really cool (with some noticeable improvements over the 2.1 version), looking forward to upgrading to ICS version. Couldn't make the fingerprint scanner work, though, but i dont miss it. All in all, i'm very satisfied.
on November 28, 2012
Accessory Distributor - Amazon Marketplace

I ordered Motorola Atrix Unlocked 4G. after trying to use it a couple of times, I realized it was defective.
I contacted them immediately to inform them that I was returning it. They approved and sent me a return label.
I also informed them that I was abroad and it would take a couple of week for me to get back home, wrap it and mail it (they refused to give me free return)
I tried to negotiate with them to send me a return label at my expense, that they'll pick up...it was literally impossible to deal with them....hours on end on the phone and a sea of emails.

I finally ran to the post office, and sent it back in it's original box, safely wrapped.
Believe it or not,
they tried to refuse it, making believe that the package went to the wrong address...the post office resent it...and sent us a confirmation, however they kept denying having received it.

To day I received a new fed ex package...with the phone inside...!!! They also sent me an email
claiming that they wouldn't credit me because the box was open...How else would I know if the phone was not defective ...had I not opened the box????
They also accused me of tempering with the phone and sent me pictures to prove what they were saying...lie after lie...I demanded an explication but they wouldn't give it to me.

Dealing with Accessory distributor was a nightmare, I would recommend anyone else, but them...
Their merchandise appears to be illegally refurbished and defective, they try to never return the money and find every excuse not to take back their bad merchandise!

I learned my lesson and should I not get my money in the next few days, this will go to my lawyer, he'll know what to do...
This is un-American and shameful! what's with Amazon????I wish they would wake up!!!

a very disappointed customer,
on May 18, 2011
I've been using iPhone for more than 2 years. I got this phone on 17th May. I promptly updated the phone with latest firmware and replaced MotoBlur with Launcher Pro. Its a joy to use this phone. I can say that Motorola Atrix beats the iPhone in almost all departments Hardware, Software, Screen, Battery Life & Speed. Android OS itself is much better than iOS.
Highly recommended.