Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on March 14, 2011
I've seen a lot of people talking, chatting and posting that AT&T doesn't have 4G in a lot of places...okay I agree with that. To me, it doesn't matter since I don't know what I'm missing and to me, there is soooooo much more to this phone than 4G. First, I love Android. This is so cool, now I know what I've been missing. I'm 43 years old so I remember the first time I got on the internet and thrill of it. I experienced the same thrill with this phone. Does it have an 8 meg. camera? No but I can remember getting my first digital camera that had 7.5 and people telling me that I didn't need a camera with so many megapixels. I love the flow of everything. I have to admit that I'm still trying to learn everything but I really love it so far.
on February 28, 2011
I still have my Iphone 4 and i just got the Atrix 4G... This phone does everything great, and flash works better on this phone then anything i've ever seen. The 4G is really deceiving because i see no difference in internet speeds except the browser is just faster then that of the iphone, but running speedtest its still gets only 3 mbps like my Iphone... I honestly can't say this phone is better then the Iphone bc Apple has everything integrated such as video calling, and the music player so it runs a lot smoother, but the Atrix brings a lot to the table that I did not have on my Iphone... If its not better, I've felt it was just as good and would totally recommend it to anyone...
on March 27, 2011
This phone is fantastic. It's currently the best phone on the market. The complaints from the other customer reviews are rendered invalid when compared to the professional reviews from sites like Cnet and Engadget who praised the hell out of the device. But a little advice; DO NOT USE MOTOBLUR and TURN OFF NOISE CANCELLATION FOR THE PHONE MIC. If you don't do both those things, you might have some issues. Also the call quality is great on the phone. It's made by Motorola and they have a sterling reputation for excellent quality in both their mics and speakers, and the Atrix is no exception. Couldn't be more pleased with my new phone :)
on March 14, 2012
BEWARE! There is really NO WARRANTY on this phone: The Motorola warranty does not cover "physical damage" and Motorola defines even scratches on the phone as "physical damage" and as evidence' of "trauma." (!) They then use this "physical damage" as an excuse to void the warranty and NOT to repair the real problem, which is that the WiFi suddenly stops working after a few months. (Just Google "Atrix WiFi will not turn on. Error" to find hundreds of complaints about this same problem.)
on July 22, 2011
Sold my iPhone 4 and got this beast. The Android experience is so much better for me. I customize my phone however I want. The Atrix is great.

Pros:

4 inch screen
free turn by turn navigation
android OS
fingerprint scanner
compact size
good battery

Cons:
sometimes if squeezing the phone too tight the keyboard won't respond. Hopefully gets fixed in 2.3 update.
on May 18, 2011
I've been using iPhone for more than 2 years. I got this phone on 17th May. I promptly updated the phone with latest firmware and replaced MotoBlur with Launcher Pro. Its a joy to use this phone. I can say that Motorola Atrix beats the iPhone in almost all departments Hardware, Software, Screen, Battery Life & Speed. Android OS itself is much better than iOS.
Highly recommended.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 22, 2011
I went straight from a Blackberry Curve to this phone, and I'm blown away by the difference. A lot of it is just Android in general, but the phone itself is quite nice. Very fast and good battery life. How/why did I put up with the Curve for so long??
on September 18, 2011
I've had this phone from the day it came out in stores and I couldn't be happier! My previous phone was slow and crashed frequently, but I've only had this phone restart on me a handful of times. It has some cool Apps, and now there are more opportunities as the Amazon App Store is now available! There is some "bloatware" on it (applications that come pre-installed on the phone) but it can be managed or deleted.

I have not tried any of the attachments for the phone (like the Multimedia HD dock or the Laptop dock), but the phone by itself is simply amazing.

No problems with the phone so far and I couldn't be a happier Motorola customer!

UPDATE:

I've had this phone for 13 months so far, and I still couldn't be happier! (This is especially amazing for me considering this is by far the longest I've had a single phone since I started using a cell phone 7 years ago.)

Pros:
- I've heard some reports of the fingerprint reader going out, but mine still works just as well as it did the first day I owned it.
- I have never put my phone in a case or put a screen protector on it, nor will I ever. There is no need! I'll be the first to admit that I'm clumsy, especially with my phone, but it still works great. There are some scratches on the plastic at the corners from the times I've dropped it, but they're difficult to spot unless you're specifically looking for them.
- Even though I download a few new apps a week, my internal memory has not run out of space yet, nor does it appear to be getting close.
- Bluetooth connection is wonderful, I have a single-ear bluetooth for calls and a pair of dual-ear headphones for music, and they both connect without issue.
- The full version of Quickoffice that comes pre-installed on the phone has saved me in more meetings than I can count. The internet is fast and allows me to download any files I need within seconds, and open them easily on my phone, ready to be simply read or even edited.

Cons:
- The one con is with the front-facing camera. I very rarely put my phone anywhere else besides in the pocket of my bluejeans, and the lint from said pocket has creeped under the face of the phone to lodge in the front camera. However, I never used it anyway, so no biggie for me. The rear camera still works great, though!
- For the music-lovers out there, I installed a 32 gb micro-SD card with around 3,500 songs on it. Unfortunately, the music players I have used (Amazon MP3, the pre-installed Music player, Cloudskipper) have had issues with the number of songs. Typically it will only list 2,000 of the songs, leaving out nearly half of my music collection. New players may have been released, or updates may fix this issue, but it's one of my main pet peeves.

Final thoughts:
After owning for a solid 13 months, I still highly recommend this phone for workaholics, studious students, casual users, new users, and everyone else!
on September 14, 2011
This is my second ever smart phone. My first being an iPhone 3G which I've had for 2.5 years. My wife recently upgraded to an iPhone 4, and I switched to the Atrix after reading the very positive reviews of this phone after it was upgraded to the Gingerbread release of Android. So far I really like this phone. It had very mixed reviews in its early days but the recently upgraded OS has drastically fixed most of its issues.

Pros:
- Price! Can get this phone for $50 from Amazon, Radio Shack and Best Buy. Motorola's flavors of this phone for Sprint and Verizon are $200 and $300.
- Battery life for me is excellent. The upgraded OS now has a built in "task killer" which stops unused programs from continually running and draining the battery. I read other reviews that said they would lose 30% power overnight. I had mine on for 3 days with normal usage before the battery got low. Basically as good as an iPhone. The battery itself is about the largest in its class. More power than most other phones.
- Screen is quite nice and high resolution. It has basically the same resolution as an iPhone 4.
- The phone is VERY fast and quite stable. I have not had any issues with applications lagging or hanging. No reboots and such have been necessary. Again this is related to the recently upgraded OS.
- Call quality is quite good. Motorola phones are generally acknowledged as being superior in this area. Any call quality issues would be related to the network and not the phone itself.
- There is no longer any artificial upload/download speed restrictions. The ATT network can't compare to Verizon LTE but the Atrix has very fast transfer speeds compared to my iPhone 3G.
- It's a nice size with its 4 inch screen. Some of the newer phones have 4.3 and 4.5 inch screens which means they can't be easily placed in a pocket.

Cons:
- The only critique for me, since I am slightly far sighted and sometimes need reading glasses, would be that the native font is a bit small due to the high resolution of the phone - but side by side it is identical to my wife's iPhone 4. It would be nice if the native font could be adjusted, but that is really an Android limitation (unless you root and then hack the phone) and not a limitation with the Atrix itself.

Other notes:
- I bought the Invisible Shield screen protector which thus far is working better than other shields I've used in the past. Medium difficulty to install and more expensive than most but is supposed to have a lifetime warranty.
- Picking a case can also be a hassle. I settled on the Ballistic SG for Motorola Atrix. It fits the phone perfectly and gives it a lot of protection.
on June 30, 2011
Experience: Blackberry 8700, iPhone, Blackberry Torch. My fourth installment of a smartphone in my life and easily the best. Android operating system is quite intuitive and after just one day of use I was able to get comfortable, which was quite a turnaround from Blackberry. Motoblur gets mixed reviews, but I have no issues with it. Syncs up my contacts via all social media and runs clean. The Google based features are a dream for me and much smoother to navigate than BB. Speeds are solid and I have yet to drop a call. Camera is good (not great) but if people truly want professional quality photography they should carry a professional grade camera. It's a phone. It's functional. Pictures are clear and camera is easy to use.

Hardware. Fast and reliable. Material. A bit slick and I could see how people would easily drop the phone. I am considering a case. Screen is huge and extra real estate makes the browser experience so nice. Who knew an extra 1/2" would make that kind of difference? Voice text is reliable. I can even whisper a command and it works. I have kids, so I love the fingerprint security. Works quite well and has back up security code option if it fails (it doesn't though). Anyone who uses android knows how easy it is to control widgets and navigate. So intuitive!

I rate a 4 because no phone is perfect. Add gingerbread update and this is a solid 4.75 stars. And at this time, you can snag the phone for a penny if you add a line or extend your contract. I know everyone loves to bag on AT&T, but I never drop calls and am happy to continue on the service. Could be where I live (Denver) but I have no issues on service. Motorola is well known for their reputation on quality sound and hardware and the phone does not disappoint.