Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon June 19, 2007
This is a very soft, lightweight gown that travels beautifully. It is easy to pack into very little space. It is well-made and still looks new after many washings. I've not had the problem with static electricity that I've had in the past with synthetics, nor does it make me sleep too warm. The lighter colors are semi-see-through. If you need modesty, go for the dark colors which are opaque.
11 comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2007
Purchased this item for my Mom. She is 70 years old and a die hard Vanity Fair Nightgown wearer. She use to get these in the PA outlet malls but they closed down. She then discovered the nightgowns in Kohls +/or Macys. But in recent years she noticed a decline in stock to almost completely gone.

She said the Nightgown was perfect. Soft, just the right length and just like her old ones from years ago. A little pricey but she says they last a long time.
on May 20, 2011
I have always been very picky about my sleepwear. I don't like thick, heavy cotton or sleeves because I tend to get warm when I sleep. Also, some nightgowns have ruffles that end up digging into my skin when I sleep in one position too long or they end up tangling in my legs when I turn over. The Vanity Fair colortura gown is silky smooth, not binding and does not get tangled. It feels as if I don't have a gown on, which means I sleep better. I also wear a bra to sleep in and the wide shoulder area covers the bra - a huge plus! Some reviewers mentioned this style might be a bit old-fashioned or for the more "mature" crowd, but I beg to disagree. It is pretty and feminine yet modest at the same time.
on December 5, 2009
Many years ago I happened across my first Vanity Fair Colortura Short Gown and have totally loved it ever since. The silky smooth material prevents binding even on the most restless nights. Being sleevless and 'just right' knee length, this gown covers plenty, flows smoothly and is the most restful nightwear I have ever tried. High quality last for years. I highly recommend this gown to all women large and small!!
on March 3, 2010
This is my favorite gown, especially when it is warm. I have it in 4 colors. It is very comfortable and never gets tangel up in the bed. I also have the matching robe in black and always travel with it. Great basic gown. I wish it came in more dark colors.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 22, 2015
I was unsure about this purchase because of the mixed reviews regarding size but after reading through almost all of them, lol, I decided to size down. I normally wear a women's Small top and Medium bottoms, curvy size 6, pear shaped...

Ordered this nightgown in a Small and fit is perfect, just loose enough to be comfortable. Ordered in the Victory Violet color because of reviews stating that it is see through. At the time the darker blue was out of stock in my size. This shade is see through if wearing panties that aren't nude and really, all over if you look closely in the light.

For future I'll get a darker color. (This one is fine but I wouldn't wear it around children.) I rated it 4 stars because it is so thin. To give an idea of size I am uploading a photo so you can get a better idea. That's a recliner that I draped it across... And a 20" throw pillow in front of it in the last pic.

Fabric is a thin nylon that feels similar to a very inexpensive satin. I wouldn't say it looks or feels cheap though. Very soft, comfortable, and light. Perfect for summer wear. Passed my knees and I'm 5'2"; loose enough around the bottom to comfortably take long strides. Fabric has a bit of stretch.

Washed in a lingerie wash bag and tumble dryed on low prior to wearing. Would easily snag if not well cared for but washes up nicely and didn't shrink when washed as instructed.

Will update this review after more use regarding how it holds up. Will buy another one soon. Smile. Hope this is helpful!
review image review image review image
on June 12, 2010
I tried one and then bought several more in different colors. It's comfortable and feminine and I don't have to worry about being over exposed when my grandchildren are here or my neighbor comes to the door.
on March 15, 2007
This nightgown turned out to be just what I was looking for but hadn't been able to find in the department stores. I purchased it for my elderly aunt who wanted a gown just like the one she had worn for many years. It is good quality which is what I was expecting from Vanity Fair.
on November 30, 2009
its pink, pretty, luxurious and i love it. definitely a good buy. I am a size 15 and I had to tailor the Large to fit, so I assume the average would have been a better choice.
on January 20, 2016
Very nice -highly appreciated by my wife (the most important opinion) and myself. The color and construction are just right; special, but not too-special for every day. Feminine, sexy yet practical, very comfortable for sleeping. The ribbon-hem at the bottom is a very nice touch. The fabric has a nice, quality feel, well-worth the price!

Highly recommended to any husband who wants to show how much he loves and deeply appreciates his beautiful wife.