Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Alpine Swiss Zippered Bifold Men's Wallet with Deluxe Credit Card Flip Genuine Leather -Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change

on October 3, 2012
I was leery of buying this, given some of the previous reviews. I have had it for a number of months, and it has performed well. The zipper is still intact, and I'm not overly-careful about what I put in it. I carry 12 cards, plus various other, thinner cards [gift cards, license, etc.], and bills. I've not had any issues with it, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

UPDATE: After nearly two years of everyday use, I have to say that this wallet has held up well. The zipper still works, and the wallet still looks good overall, if a bit worn. I still think this is a very good purchase.
11 comment| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2012
My husband's wallet was old, and cards were falling out of the loose pockets. We decided that he needed a new wallet that not only kept cards in better but had the extra protection of a zipper. I bought this wallet for my husband despite his tendency to break things and the negative reviews regarding the quality of the zipper. I based this decision on the fact that the producers have apparently created a new and better zipper, at least based on the product description. So far, the zipper seems great, and my husband loves the wallet itself, whose tight pockets don't let anything fall out of them. If the zipper ends up breaking, I will redo this score.
22 comments| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2012
This wallet is great. I wish I had bought more. The wallet is small and durable. I am really picky with my choice of wallet because I am in the construction industry and I need something that is durable.
on December 20, 2012
I don't like big bulky wallets and don't carry a lot of things in my wallet. Just the basics. I also carry a wallet in my front pocket or a jacket pocket. I am also a fan of easy-to-open zippered wallets. This wallet was great for me. Granted if you try to overfill it then you'll have some problems, but I filled almost every slot and compartment and it fit perfectly in my pockets. I have other Alpine Swiss products and like them. This is a nice addition and another favorite product of theirs.
on January 17, 2015
Back for a second wallet
Tonight I came into Amazon looking for another wallet for my husband.
I lighted on to this page & I was glad.
I could not remember where I bought his last wallet.
Apparently it was Amazon. (Thank you AMAZON for having the little " you bought this with a date on it". I apparently bought this wallet last on 20 December 2013.)
While the wallet is not falling apart, I am replacing it.
Tonight I thought I would be helpful & load the washer.
Asked Darling Husband "Are your pockets empty?"
He says "Yes". I scoop it all up & he starts the washer after his bath.
A couple hours later, he goes to load the dryer.
He comes back with this sad looking lump. It's his wallet.
(WHOOPS! His medical card is in their for work!) but it seems to have survived.
The contents of his wallet are scattered all over drying as we speak / I write this.
Of course I feel guilty, as I should have double checked.
So I stumble across this one & it looks just like his.
Now his wallet looks sad & I imagine after it's nice hot water bath it will shrink up somewhat as it dries.
The reason I am replacing it is because I know that washing leather items never ends well.
The wallet has not had any damage such as broken zipper, plastic windows inside breaking, cards tearing through slots, etc.
He never had any problems getting his cards, debit or credit to fit into the slots.
So he got around thirteen months of usage out of it, about a dollar a month.
Would not be dead now were it not for my mistake of not looking.
Looks great & held up well. (Until I came along)
Definitely would & did buy again.
Enclosed a few shots of the wallet. The quality is so so, but you can see that the wallet held up & is not damaged!
review image review image review image review image
on December 29, 2012
One comment I read about this wallet noted it did not accommodate American sized credit cards. Well that comment was correct. But, it is not a show stopper. It was snug to put my credit card and other similarly sized plastic cards in the wallet. It is a nice soft well tanned leather and will soon, I believe, will soon stretch to to fit my cards.
on May 11, 2012
As others have said, its a nice looking wallet, construction seems sturdy, and it holds a fair amount; BUT its also an item I had to return. The reason: the credit card slots were too small for my cards to fit into.

For example, my MasterCard, insurance card, photo ID, and prescription card did not fit into the card slots provided. In fact there were only a few items that actually fit into the slots, and those were all smaller than standard.

As a result, I have returned the wallet. And Thank You Amazon for the easy return process.
1717 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2014
Worth buying very good product
review image
on July 29, 2012
Alpine Swiss is a great brand of wallet. This is a great product, nice leather, and my husband really likes a wallet with a zipper. I have to say, from the safety side, the zipper does relieve a lot of concern of things falling out or even pick pocketing. If anyone is sometimes careless and doesn't notice things falling out of a wallet, this is a great gift for them! The price is fantastic, I bought an Alpine Swiss a couple years ago from some other place and paid twice what this one is -- he doesn't need it now, but I couldn't resist the deal!
on January 3, 2015
I like it a lot had to by a second one for my son. I think he will like it too. Thank you
review image