Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic RP-HJC120-K Earbuds with iPhone controller - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 21, 2012
I originally ordered these same headphones but without the iPod/iPhone control and microphone because I didn't need that. I now have an iPhone and since I was so happy with the first pair I ordered I was so excited to see they were available with the music controller and microphone - I ordered these immediately. I've placed a number of calls and everyone's said they can hear me just fine and I can hear them. The answer button and volume controls have worked flawlessly. They are a little flat but that really doesn't bother me that much - never takes me more than a second to answer a call or change the volume. Another reviewer said the microphone/controls are really close to your mouth... Why would that be bad? I suspect it's why people on the line hear me clearly. I am seriously considering buying another two or three pairs as back up (I tend to lose headphones), why not at this price?!

Here is my original review for these headphones without the microphone/volume controls (I think it all applies to these):
Let me first say that I'm not super picky about sound quality - never have been. But I ordered these to replace a ruined pair of headphones, and I love them. At least to me the music sounds great, better than any other headphones I've used. And the outside noise cancellation is also better than other headphones, though I'm sure it's not as good as headphones made specifically for noise cancellation. I'm listening to my iPod with these headphones now on a pretty low volume and I can't hear myself typing.

On another note, I have small ears. I always had trouble finding in-ear headphones that were comfortable - they always hurt and felt like they were pushing against my ear. I had my last pair of headphones for years because they were the most comfortable I could find, though they still got uncomfortable after about 45 minutes of wearing them. Have not had that problem with these at all and I've worn them for about an hour at the longest so far. They come with three sizes of little in-ear cups (I'm sure there's a better name for them but I don't know it) and I use the smallest, and love them.

Overall just very satisfied with these, especially at this price! I'm sure there are better headphones out there, but I'm also sure they cost way more.
on November 18, 2012
I found the regular earbuds like this a few years ago when I went through four other pairs of earbuds looking for some that did not hurt my ears. Apparently I have abnormally small ear canals because also all other ear buds hurt my ear canals. I can wear these ear buds for hours with no discomfort at all. I bought these six months ago (sold by Amazom LLC) to use my iPhone hands free and they are great. I can actually hear better using these than I can holding the phone to my ear or using speaker phone. This is now my preferred means to talk on my iPhone. The person on the other end also says they can hear me very clearly, so both the speakers and the microphone seem to work great. I've been very pleased with this item.
on December 19, 2012
I bought 5 different versions of earbuds and this was the best all around ones I bought, including some high def competition from altec lansing. The altecs were good, as were the others, but for best all around sound, these stole the show, and werent even the most expensive. The earbuds fit snugly and most securely of the bunch too.
on May 28, 2011
I really like these headphones they sound really good to me. The buttons are bigger than the iPhone headphones and the earbuds shape is kind of weird but they are comfortable and sound good.
on July 18, 2012
I had been using it for gym exercise with my iPod nano for 4 month everyday. Unfortunately, cable broke and it became unusable. But I don't complain it. I accidentally hook the cable everywhere in the gym. It actually lasted more than I expected and I already ordered another pair.

Anyway, here is the summary.

Sound quality: great for the price. Of course, it's not $100+ earbuds, so you don't expect stellar sound quality, but at least it produces much more enjoyable sound than standard iPod earbuds.

Earbuds: It never dropped off from my ears even while intensive exercise. It comes with 3 different size rubber caps, so you'll find fitting pair for your canal.

Remote: Unlike standard iPhone remote, it looks little bulkier. It's because it comes with volume control. It is really handy when you want to adjust volume based on exercise intensity.
on January 8, 2013
For the past years I was a great fan of Etymotic 6i earbuds and owned two of them. Recently I ruined the last one and had to go with another Etymotic model for ~100 bucks, which I promptly lost (I also didn't like that it stuck out that much, difficult with hats). I've had it with 100 dollar earbuds and decided to try these ones. While I am by no audiophile, they sound absolutely great to me. Excellent bass for my electronic music :-)

Some people complained about the remote control buttons being difficult to push. I agree but a dap of hot glue to raise the buttons and make them more "tactile" should do the trick. They come with three ear forms, the large one fits perfectly, slides in and out easily and creates a proper airseal (as witnessed by the bass). The buds are small enough to be worn even under a thightfitting hat without pressure on the ear. The only thing I'm a tiny bit disappointed are the "noise cancelling" properties. My old Etymotic 6i with after market foam seals let me pretty much block out even blaring announcements and machine noise on airplanes. Not so these ones, but I guess you can't expect that from the thin rubber lip of the ear form.

Lastly, the price these headphones are offered for is nothing but spectacular. Now I won't have to worry anymore about accidentally ripping the cable (well, I still do but it won't hurt to replace them).
on October 12, 2013
EDIT: These IEMs failed about a year later: Be careful with applying pressure to the diaphragm (insert them angled), otherwise the diaphragm might become creased, destroying the sound quality.

These headphones exceed all my expectations for the price I paid for them.

Sound Quality
The sound quality of these headphones is very good. They are better sounding than the Apple EarPods.

Connector
The connector is angled, so it is less likely to be stressed. Unlike the $50 headphones these replaced, these had a proper stress relief on them. The connector fits the Otterbox Defender case.

Microphone and Controller
The controller works. The buttons require a little more force to press than I would like them to, but they won't be pressed by accident. The microphone quality is satisfactory.

Earbud Form Factor
These earbuds, unlike the Apple EarPods and the $50 headphones these replaced, actually feel good in my ears. This is because the silicone ear insert is angled, allowing the plastic part to rest flat. The silicone ear inserts are well attached to the earbuds, so they are unlikely to fall off.
on March 16, 2013
They sound great, and I use them for working out and they don't fall out, etc. however I found yesterday that the microphone no longer works to make calls. Not very pricey in the first place, so I'm going to keep them, but apparently not a replacement for higher quality headphones with mics.

Update: Now the remote also has stopped working. I wouldn't recommend these.
on August 25, 2012
I'm switching over from a pair of iBeats and could not be happier. These headphones look and sound great and cost less than 1/5 of what I paid for the overhyped, underperforming iBeats. The only gripe I have is about the buttons. They are flush with the mic making it difficult to tell which button is being pressed by touch alone but I can live with that. Over all, extremely satisfied.
on October 21, 2013
I have never been a fan of these "plunger" type earbuds, because they always seemed fall out with extended use. This model, however, has an offset design that allows you to push them more securely into your ear canal, and I haven't had any issues with them falling out.

The sound is very good and the iPhone controls were a must for me. The remote is a little difficult to discern what button you have selected, but it works fine with a little use.

The only real gripe I can come up with, and for the price it isn't a big deal, would be that the cord isn't the anti-tangle variety. That being said, the anti-tangle cords tend to be rubbery and grab onto clothing.