Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on October 16, 2011
If you like "Barbe", you will probably like this.

I can't find anymore of "Barbe" in my size so I ended up buying "Flax" instead.
I feel that "Flax" has slightly shorter and wider head than "Barbe", but it also means that it is more comfortable and not squeezing my pinky toe.
11 comment48 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2012
I purchased these pumps in black. I typically buy cheap, quickly replaceable basic shoes like black or brown pumps because I wear them so much and tend to wear out the soles and heel taps. However, this time I decided, actually because of wearing them so much, that I'd spend the money for a nicer pair of shoes that would hopefully last me longer than the cheap ones I usually get.

The first issue I had was with them running big; I bought an 8, which is my typical size, but had to return them for a 7.5. The return process with Amazon went fine; it was an efficient and relatively quick process.

Once I got the shoes that fit, I loved the style and look. However, I was disappointed to find that by my second wearing the finish on the toe, stem, and back of the pump were already starting to chip off. The inside lining of the left shoe also sticks out over the top lip of the shoe. It's probably not noticeable to anyone other than me, but since I see it every time I look down at my foot, I notice it a lot. I guess I expected more from shoes that cost 2.5 times what I usually spend. I'm certain there are probably black heels that cost more than the $55 I spent for these; I guess I'm disappointed to find that I either need to go spend that extra or stay with my cheapies.....as this Nine West pair is proving to wear the exact same way as much cheaper shoes.
0Comment36 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2014
Nine West has had inconsistent sizing as of late. I wear a 7 in all of my old NW shoes, and in almost all other shoe brands. I wear a 7-7.5 in some of their new flats, and a 6.5-7 in some of their new heels. I took a 6.5 in this shoe and had plenty of room. The leather and color are very high quality, as with most NW shoes. The pointy toe wasn't so pointy that it was too tight on my toes, and they are very comfortable to walk in. I would buy them again, but I would prefer Nine West be more consistent with their sizing, as it makes it very difficult to figure out what size to purchase. Unless you have wide feet, order half a size down from your normal shoe size.
on May 17, 2015
Beautiful shoes they fit as expected.
review image review image
on January 17, 2013
You will never go wrong with the Flax Pumps line from Nine West, I love these shoes, they look classy with my business suits and dresses. True to size and heel is the right height.
22 comments21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2014
I bought an 6.5, but my typical size is 7, because I already knew that Nine West shoes are a little big. So the shoes fit perfect!! The color and the shape are beautiful ! And the shoes look stylish
on May 10, 2013
Easy to wear with dress attire or with jeans and a cute top! They don't hurt my feet at all....
11 comment11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2015
Would give 0 stars if that was an option.

Shoe fits perfectly, but the heel broke the second time I wore it. Unfortunately, between the two time I got married and went on my honeymoon (no need for black business heels) so I can't return now. Super sad about it, as the shoe fit really well and was comfortable the first time I wore it. (Second picture is to show no wear and tear only - I literally wore these for 14 hours combined)
review image review image
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2013
1) After all the negative reviews I thought this would be an
uncomfortable cheap shoe, but it was actually pretty padded in the
front. The leather is not the best, but it wasn't too bad either. I
liked the shape of the shoe, again not the best out there, but it was
pretty classic
2) I bought a size 6.5 (patent) and 6 (leather) both
black and I like the way the 6 fits better. I'm not sure if the 6 in the
patent would feel the same tho. Even though 6.5 was larger, it felt
stiffer (probably because it was patent). I thought it was going to run
small like some of the reviewers are saying, but it didn't. These shoes
do NOT run small. I wear a 6.5-6 (sometimes 7 in boots if I want thick
socks) and the 6 was perfect. This is leather so it will stretch within
the first hour of wear. If you buy a bigger size it will be loose and
huge.
3) Unless you are delusional about your size to begin with then
I don't know, buy "the size that makes you feel worse" because you are
obviously vanity sizing yourself. These shoes in no way or form run
small. If you "think" you wear a certain size and these don't fit, you
should rethink what size you wear. I have 400 pairs of shoes and 90% of
the times I take a 6 in pumps.
0Comment14 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2012
This is my second pair of these heels.. I have them in white and now brown. I absolutely love them. They are classy and very stylish. They are so incredibly comfortable and the heel is the perfect height. I'm 5'5 and I don't like heels that are to high, thus adding to much height to me.. I hate shoe shopping in the malls because I'm so picky, I toke a risk by buying these with out trying them first ( I know nine west makes great shoes, so I was willing to do it ) but I def made the right choice by getting these. You will be happy. I've only written two reviews out of the tons of products I have purchased, because I want all the ladies intersted in these to know, these r worth it !,