Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

VINE VOICEon December 7, 2011
The phone system works very well. The phone and buttons have a very nice feel, enough ring tone selections, great feel to the buttons, and clear audio. What I miss most is a headset jack. But it seems few systems have headset jacks anymore. In its place is a press to talk option (on this system). In its place on more expensive models is bluetooth support (but not this one). The speakerphone works great which I use for my home office in lieu of a headset. The equalizer button is nice too.

The audio quality is at least as good as my previous phone system. I did think the audio by default seemed to have more treble by default which was perfectly okay, but sounded better if I switched it to "bass" mode by the equalizer button. The equalizer button is easier than I thought. It doesn't bring up a menu with sliders, but instead just cycles through a few choices (normal, treble 1, treble 2, and bass). While it doesn't remember the setting from the last call, it is sure easy to just press it a few times. Due to the more treble on neutral, I think the two treble settings are completely useless being too high. But neutral and bass sound good and great to me. However, what surprised me was the audio quality for the other end, who is talking to you. I called home to my wife from a work phone (land-line) and through that the audio quality of her voice was much clearer than the previous phone system. I was really surprised. I think "HD audio" is a gimmick, and nothing too special on the end using the phone, but from the other end calling in to someone on this phone, I noticed a difference compared to my previous system. So maybe it is "HD audio" for the other person.

Setting up and adjusting settings is very easy and done by any of the hand sets. The feel of the menu buttons and large button sizes especially around the answer/hang up are excellent. The keybad buttons are large enough and have a feel I prefer, but are a little bit squishy compared to the crisp click feel of the menu and answer/hangup buttons, but overall nicer than standard rubber buttons in my opinion.

I like that the phones can still stand up on one end, so when on speakerphone I can still stand it up. It is a narrow base, but it still stands. It would easily tip if you bump the table, but it works for me. The batteries are small, like 2 AAAAs in a combined 2-pack, smaller than the 2 AAs that my previous system took. Only time will tell how long the batteries last. My last system (Panasonic) didn't too long (2 years) before wouldn't hold a charge with use in a home office. This time I am going to keep all the phones off the bases until need to be charged again to try to stretch the battery life this time. Btw, personally I have the 3-handset version of this same model.
33 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I'm using my phone system with VOIP (the NetTalk Duo) Nettalk Duo VOIP Telephone Service and couldn't be more pleased. Now I can have an extension in every room if I want by buying additional handsets instead of relying on the single phone plugged into the NetTalk module. This AT&T system will support up to 12 handsets being added, but they have to be compatible with the base.

While researching phones I found VTech (Advanced American Telephones) makes all the AT&T phones, as part of the spin-off from Lucent many years ago. Compare the handset of VTech's Model CS6429-2 VTech CS6429-2 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone, Silver/Black, 2 Handsets, the menu/select, mute/delete etc. buttons on this AT&T phone system are the same; the design is almost identical if you compare the middle round button, and also the speaker slot. Even the HD Audio is a carry-over from the VTech line. So far, I've noticed the VTech models priced a few dollars cheaper. I didn't know these were made by VTech or I would have gone with one of those instead and saved a little money.

Features I like:
Audio Caller ID (watch my video) - this can be turned on or off, it's kind of funny as the woman's voice sounds very automated - will announce "last name, first name", "wireless caller" or "unknown". (It's saying "call from Welch, Dan" in the video. Lighted number pad and caller ID display - but middle section of handset does NOT light up. Range is very good. No interference from the microwave (since it's a DECT). Although gimmicky, the HD Audio can be turned on "bass" and this virtually eliminates any static.

Features I'm not thrilled with:
Out of 10 ring tones, only 2 of them aren't annoying. In general, more cheaply made than cordless phones from 10+ years ago; drop one of these handsets on the floor and it will probably break.
on June 14, 2011
Good phone with nice features. I like the voice caller ID; the various ringer options; speakerphone on the handset. I also like the slim design of the handset and answering base as well.
New for 2011, the AT&T CL82201 has industry-leading talk range and call quality. Priced at $59.95, it's a dual-handset phone system with optional expandability up to 12 handsets. The CL82201 has a range of up to 1,800 feet, incorporates HD audio, and has an equalizer function to adjust call audio settings. With this phone, you can have clear conversations over a further distance so you don't have to worry about your calls being dropped. The phone also has Push-to-Talk (PTT) which enables instant voice delivery from handset to handset through the speakerphone. And for better readability, the phone also has an extra-large, white backlit LCD display, and includes Caller ID Announce.

With all of the amazing features, it might sound overwhelming, but it was truly a piece of cake. Setting up the phone was easy and took me less than 5 minutes. One of the bases for the AT&T CL82201 is an answering machine so it is a complete phone system that I love owning! The sound quality is amazing; the distance is unreal. The feature I like the most though is the Caller ID Announce. On the second ring, it announces who is calling according to the Caller ID. Now keep in mind that if the caller is "unknown" or "toll free call," that is exactly what the lovely little Caller ID Announce lady is going to say. But if the person's name is on the Caller ID, or if you have the name/number if the phone's directory, it will say whatever is listed. I love it! And at $59.95, it's a bargain if you ask me.
on June 30, 2011
I bought this cordless phone for my VOIP system, which is NetTalk. I have the base unit of this phone connected to the NetTalk Duo in a separate building that is about 15 feet from my house. The base unit tranmits wirelessly to the handset that is located in my house, and that handset is the only one I use. This arrangement is working very well and keeps a lot of the clutter in the other building. voice clarity is comparable to what you would get with a cell phone that has a good connection. Since I mainly use my phone when at home, I may cancel my cell phone and just get by with this VOIP system because it only costs $30 per year.

I wish the handset had a 2.5mm jack for a headset, but I knew that it didn't have that before I purchased it, so I won't knock off a star for that. I can use the speakerphone on the handset when I need to talk hands-free.

I haven't set up the answering machine yet, but I'm sure it will work fine.
on March 15, 2012
I had seen these at a local electronic store, but unfortunately very pricey. Once I looked on Amazon, and found them, I was very excited! Not only were they EXACTLY what I wanted, but they came with 2handsets which I couldn't find anywhere else. They sound clear when talking and easy instructions to follow. I am TRULY SATISFIED!
on November 8, 2011
Seems to work pretty well. Has pretty good distance. I walked about a 100 ft. from the house. Pretty easy to enter a caller into the memory after you recieve the call. Once you read the directions. Not quite as easy as my Panasonic though I thinking. Shape of the phone makes it a little hard to hold the phone. Maybe thats just me. But works well. I like it otherwise.
on September 3, 2011
This is a great phone system it does not short out when talking on the phone and using the microwave to cook a meal. Previous Panasonic phone would dis-connect automatically or squeal while using handset phone when cooking food in the microwave ...... what a piece of crap. Isn't new technology grand?
on September 4, 2012
When our old cordless phone died, I needed another for my elderly Mom who keeps the handset in the basket on her walker. Was pleased with this phone and so was Mom. The extra charging base was a hit with her as she can have the handset charging in her room.

Pluses are the lighted display screen and the caller I.D. which is displayed and the voice announcement as to who is calling. This allows you to see and hear who is calling and weed out those junk and robocalls.

This phone can also be used as an intercom which has been helpful in my split level home. The lighted push buttons are helpful at night. If you should loose your handset, the phone has a button which allows you to have the handset beep, a great help in locating a misplaced handset. Range is great and I have taken calls outside in the yard.

A nice phone nice price and in my opinion a good value.
on July 8, 2015
This phone system seems to be a very Good investment to our family. Works quite well for our needs and the Intercom system is something we really need to have in our home. I Highly recommend this "IF" you need a Portable Phone.