UrbanEars Bagis Headphones White, One Size
Color Name: WhiteSize Name: One SizeChange
Price:$28.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on May 12, 2011
Color Name: WhiteSize Name: One SizeVerified Purchase
I needed a new pair of headphones that were cheap, had good sound, a nice design, and were comfortable.

PRICE: For $30, it's well worth the price.

SOUND: Excellent. Especially the bass. (As do all UrbanEars throw wicked bass at me.) I picked these earphones because I have a pair of the Plattan headphones by UrbanEars and I really like their sound. However, with these earphones, as with many others, the cord does make a lot of noise when rubbing against anything so if you're moving a lot you should probably wrap them behind your ears.

DESIGN: These are definitely stylish. I love the look. And the design is made so that the back of each ear plug connect so it can just hang around your neck when you're not jammin to tunes. I thought that was really cool but I don't use it much, as I like putting away my mp3 when I'm not listening to music. And a few times I actually pinched my hair between them which hurt because I have long hair. But I would say it's definitely a plus along with the microphone it has. I've never used the microphone, but it's nice to have anyway. Oh, and the fabric cord is great for no tangles.

COMFORT: I wouldn't say these are the most comfortable. They're okay. Of course, it did take some getting used the first few days, but overall they're alright. It comes with three different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large sleeves to change to fit your ears.

Overall, they're great headphones. More for sound and style than comfort though I'd say. But very well worth the money. Come on, $30 bucks. It's a good deal. But if you're looking for comfort as well, maybe invest in something else. Just my opinion though. Thanks for reading.
on May 2, 2012
When I mash these in my ears and stay still, the sound is pretty nice. I don't know a whole lot about headphones and sound quality, but I'm satisfied with how these sound. They block out a fair amount of ambient sound, and I'm always glad to have them on plane rides. The color is pretty awesome, got them in bright orange. Packaging is really nice too. I never use the microphone so I can't comment on that, but I do really like the single button that controls my music.

I almost never find myself needing to snap together the two ear pieces, but I thought it was a neat feature. It makes the earpieces pretty bulky though, so it hurts to lay down on my side with them in my ears.

Usually, these buggers do not stay in my ears. I can forget about talking/singing, eating, or even turning my head while wearing them. Invariably they'll wiggle out of my ear, or the stiff cord will catch on something very lightly... and as soon as they catch on anything, they get yanked right out. I've had these for about six months now and even with regular use the cord STILL has creases from how it was folded when it was packaged (nevermind that I have never refolded them that way), which makes it several thousand times easier for it to catch on something and fall out of my ear. Sometimes while I'm walking the cord will even catch on itself. Usually it will catch on my jacket zipper when I'm turning my head, and this annoyance has never been this frequent with any other headphones I've ever used. I've tried all three earbud sizes and these just do NOT stay in.

The cord around the plug is getting pretty worn as well (where the fabric meets the rubber). For some reason, it just keeps wanting to twist and bend there.

The interchangeable rubber ear inserts keep popping off too and getting lost in my bags. Hunting around for them all the time is annoying.

They're nice looking and sounding headphones, but I would not buy them again, especially not for $30. I can't wait to lose them so I have an excuse for getting something else!
on July 25, 2011
Color Name: WhiteSize Name: One SizeVerified Purchase
I have been looking for a pair of earbuds that was affordable and simple in design. UrbanEars Bagis Headphones came to my attention one day and I was immediately attracted to the simplicity of its design. My first concern was how comfortable it would fit in my ears. Fast forward to now - fits really well but leaves my ears quite itchy after wearing it for a short time.

The cord looks and feels like shoe laces and is quite sturdy, which I think this will prevent wire tearing from sudden pull which can happen sometimes. It also comes with a microphone incoming calls, a button to hang up calls after you're done and control your music(instruction manual will show the user how it works). Additionally, the headphones can also be connected to each other if not in use to prevent from dangling.

As for sound quality, decent to good but it doesn't appear give out a lot of bass. So if you like lots of bass this may not be the headphones for you.

Overall, I like my UrbanEars Bagis Headphones but not so happy with how it makes my ears itch.
on November 4, 2011
Color Name: BlackSize Name: One SizeVerified Purchase
The good news first: they're built pretty well and feel like higher quality headphones than I've normally purchased. They're also quite comfortable. I found the small earpieces to fit the best, but glad they came with multiple sizes.

The bad news second: Sound quality is sub-par. I've had better sounding headphones for half the price from budget retailers. The bass is sloppy, the mids are boxy, and the highs don't exist. No real clarity. I'm sure some of this could be overcome by EQ, but I've never had to EQ so aggressively before. Out of the box, these headphones sound like i'm covering my ears and talking, so it's very heady. Also, all the rumors about the cables rubbing together and being very loud is true.

I wouldn't really recommend these.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 28, 2014
Color Name: TomatoSize Name: One SizeVerified Purchase
This is the second pair of headphones I have purchased from Urbanears, and like my first first pari it has lost sound in one of the earbuds. I will never buy another product from this company. This pair lasted right around two months , coincidentally just out of the return window policy.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 18, 2011
Color Name: LavenderSize Name: One SizeVerified Purchase
I bought these on amazon because the shipping from the urbanears site was absolutely ridiculous.

So, I ordered the Lavender, and opened the box and found a very light pink colored headphones.
Be warned that the photos that UrbanEars puts up on their site, in general, have much deeper and richer and more saturated colors than the actual products. So if you think you want an actual purple headphone, do NOT get the lavender.

I had to use the small size ear sleeves. The other ones hurt my ears.
They have pretty decent sound and the microphone is awesome. The click-together feature for the earbuds is great, too.

The only issue I have besides the color is the fabric cord. While it lessens destruction, it gets dirty and I have no idea how to properly clean it.
Also, if I brush against the fabric cord while listening to music, or on the phone, I can clearly hear the abrasive sound through the earbuds.

Besides those couple issues, they're great and I think they were worth the $30 I paid. :)
on December 30, 2011
I got these headphones for Christmas and was very excited when I first saw them. They're adorable and the pink is VERY pink, which I loved. The cord also looks like a shoelace, like someone said earlier, and the packaging could put Apple to shame. I was a bit skeptical when I saw the actual part that you insert into the ear though, because it didn't look like it would securely stay in my ear.

Sure enough, these things would NOT stay in my ears. I tried every size of the buds (you get three sizes) and none of them made these things stay. Even when I was just sitting down at my computer, these regularly came out. Walking in them was one of the most annoying experiences I've ever had with headphones.

And even though people have said they like the sound quality, I wasn't impressed. But maybe that's because I was always struggling to get them to stay in my ears.

Overall, I don't think these are worth it. You can easily find better earbuds for a cheaper price.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 23, 2014
Color Name: BlackSize Name: One SizeVerified Purchase
I'm dumb enough to have gone through 4 of these so far,so take what I say with a grain of salt. I keep getting them because the sound is decent and the way it fits in my ears. Problem is none of them will last longer than 6 months before one of the ear craps out. 2 sets were replacements sent to me by the URBANEARS. I've had the same issue with all of them. So the last set I will own, just gave out today after URBANEARS sent me the replacement set in May of this year. Same issue. I can't recommend this to anyone. Apple earbuds last longer... how is that possible?
on March 12, 2015
Color Name: TomatoSize Name: One SizeVerified Purchase
I had purchased these headphones before and lost them, so I think that says something that I would buy the same pair (and color!) again. The sound quality is great and the earbuds actually stay in your ears when moving--the headphones also come with adjustable pieces, so you can have a snug or looser fit. Knocking off one star for the remote--I can never get it to switch songs. Not sure if this is due to my phone (I have a 4s) but the pause feature does work well. A stylish choice--buy them and drown out other noise!
on February 25, 2013
Color Name: GreySize Name: One SizeVerified Purchase
our family prefers Urban Earphone products over Bose... stays in your ears comfortably and stores well in pocket or case...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations