on June 16, 2011
Windows Phone 7 takes some getting used to, but it's been great so far.

As for the phone itself, it is a little weighty, and thicker than some other smartphones, but it feels solidly built. The physical keyboard is comfortable and the screen is sharp. The speakers sound great as well.

I use the Zune service to get music anywhere I go, Xbox Live to play games (mostly the free ones), and I can even watch Netflix on this phone, which is something my last phone couldn't do.

If you're on Sprint, and you're getting a little tired of Android, this phone is a great way to go.
on March 23, 2011
Phone is sleek and stylish. HTC makes fantastic phone hardware. The phone is very responsive. Love the camera and flash. I came from a windows mobile 6.5 phone (Touch Pro2). This phone flat-out blows that one away. The new Windows Phone 7 OS is so un-Microsoft. It actually takes a while to get used to it's simplicity and naturally rich feel. I love this phone. For a first-gen OS it's very polished, IMO. I can't wait to see where this platform goes. Even my iphone friends are jealous. I HIGHLY recommend this!
on May 16, 2011
So this is just my comments on the phone itself not Windows Phone 7, I'll leave it to you to make your own decision on that. Honestly this phone already seems a bit dated. The 1Ghz snapdragon works well with WP7 but its getting to be an older chip, I don't know how well it will hold up in the long run when apps get more intense.
The screen is just flat out boring. I was a little disappointed in the size after seeing all these 4"+ phones out and the colors are very bland, especially compared to my Samsung Epic screen.
The keyboard however is where this phone gets its points back in my mind, I think it works really well. Its the closest I've seen to my old Touch Pro 2 which had the best keyboard I've ever used on a phone, so if you want a WP7 with a physical keyboard you're looking at a great phone.
Last I'll touch on the price, if I had paid the retail $199 or whatever I would have returned this phone. The hardware just doesn't compare to the Android offerings for the same price. But at the $0.01 or $49 I've seen it for here on Amazon I think its worth a look.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 17, 2012
Phone = 4 stars, Win 7.5 mobile = 5 stars

The phone itself is fine, has a good camera, nice screen, fold-out keyboard, good processor, etc. Everything you really need in a smartphone. Knocking off a star because the fold-out keyboard isn't as smooth as some other phones (it's quirky, but the tilt feature is nice), and there is no place for expansion cards.

The operating system on the phone, however, really has me amazed. Details are beyond the scope of this review, but basically, a few days into it and I'm still being surprised at how flexible and simple it is. Warning (not specific to this phone): be prepared to install Zune on a computer and download updates, even if you don't use it for music. This could take half an hour, but the updates are worth it.
on January 15, 2012
I love this phone. Windows Phone is so much farther ahead than iPhone and Android and I use all of them regularly.
I was originally going to go for an EVO Shift as I thought it would work better with my Google and app driven life, but I was sorely mistaken. I've had this phone for more than a few months.

The Windows app store is missing some apps found on android or itunes but you wont be without plenty of very high quality apps from major companies. I have everything from news and weather to store apps to music to games and more. Don't forget the best calender and email I have seen - and I use gmail and google calender - What's up with that Google? I have MS office on my phone as well which I use endlessly.

As for the hardware of the Arrive. The keyboard is great, but the onscreen input keyboard is high quality like the Iphone and better than andriod. I use both, but the keyboard is easier if you are typing a lot(I even take notes with it in office). The phone is fast and you never have to close programs and task switching is easy. It will go a full day on medium use with lots of apps, or a bit longer if you turn off the wifi and use it mainly for calls. The battery life is about average for a modern smartphone. The display is crisp and clear and the camera button is amazing(and required by microsoft.) If you want to take a picture, you just hold the button and up comes the camera, regardless of whether it is locked. Press it again to take a picture. This makes it nice for those quick times you want a camera. The flip open and close maneuver for the keyboard takes a bit getting used to. It's not spring loaded, but it feels sturdy and once you get used to it, you can fling it open and closed with ease.

Don't look past a windows phone cause it's not mainstream. Those of us that have it know we have the best phone OS available. Look at the reviews here and try one out before you let a sprint sales rep tell you people hate it.
on January 13, 2012
the htc arrive is a great first wp7 gen phone. fast, easy to use, great slide out keyboard. and wp7 is a joy to use.
on April 2, 2011
this is a great and reliable phone, the os is not as mature as ios, but atleast you dont have to worry about the android fragmentation. the phone is quick and with the nodo update preinstalled you will be happy.
on March 30, 2011
I don't' like that they removed the option to set reminders for yourself, similar to outlook tasks. I actually hate that this phone doesn't support that. I didn't know this or I would have thought twice about buying it, but oh well hopefully in the next update they will allow something like that.

Its very fast, responsive and more than anything it's a great looking phone. I have received more than 2 compliments on it since I got, of course that always nice :)

The feature that I like to most is the Camera, the image quality is not DSLR quality obviously but it holds its own, the camcorder has to option to have the flash on while your recording so that came in handy already :).

The people hub is awesome, automatically syncs all your contacts with pictures.

I already had a Zune Pass, Xbox Live and Netflix so making use of these features on the phone was just extras. I don't' play a lot of games but I do love music so the zune pass comes in handy, I can download or play right of there, except for those times that I find a song that is not in there catalog.

A hidden feature that i find really handy and EXCEPTIONAL is the Wireless Sync option. All the music pictures that I want to syn I can just add them to my device and it doesn't have to be connected. Its awesome because if you have videos or music that needs to be converted it will do it over night for you. you don't have to leave your phone plugged in to the comptuer all night, just turn on the wifi and make sure you are in the same network and come the morning all of the stuff is already in there. :) LOVE THAT.

Office and one note are awesome too, i can create notes in my phone and view them on my computer seamlessly :) I normally write down Bible Scriptures from our church sermons so it comes in really handy

There is quite a good selection of apps, I'm not an app kind of guy but I have found myself buying a few good games and apps.

If you're not a geek and just want a phone because it works this phone will work like a charm for you....if you want to be able to change every single option of your phone and make your life more complicated you might be better off with a WM 6.5 or Android phone (been there done that moved on, too much work and time to customize)
on March 27, 2011
This is best smart phone that you can get on Sprint currently. It's battery life is reliable. The web browser is a smooth experience, and all the apps run smoothly. I had Samsung Android phone, and android has so many bugs, and android phones are not reliable. This phone has less features than android, but each feature is better quality. I would recommend this phone to any one who wants to get smartphone. I enjoy the spacings of the keyboard. The Xbox Live gamers are awesome graphics. The speaker of the phone is loud, and is awesome with the zune. The zune supports bluetooth audio which you can listen to in your car without wires!! I think Sprint has an awesome phone, and I will enjoy using it for the next two years.
on March 20, 2011
IN RESPONSE TO "S. Colon "WOLFBANE" (BROOKLYN, NEW YORK United States) "

This Phone is not out yet and you returned it before the 15 days ???????
come on dude, give up,
windows phone 7 is a very good mobile phone operating system.
its sleek and fast, over 10,000 apps in a few months and more are coming day by day..
i've never owned an android phone, but ive used one . and it was a slow wanna be Iphone.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations