Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 31, 2011
I got this phone about a week ago now. It's a nice phone with some pretty awesome features. The camera works pretty well. The keyboard is laid out very nicely. I don't like the virtual keyboard as much because they changed the location of a couple of buttons between the two, and it's easy to get confused. Specifically the backspace button. On the hardware keyboard it's at the top right, but on the virtual keyboard it's near the bottom on the right.

There are a few things that bug me on this phone. I expected the Excel app to be a little more intuitive, since it's on windows' operating system. You can't disable touch feedback (The vibration that happens when you click something), and I don't really like that. The Facebook app isn't as nice as I thought it could be. I don't like that you can't expand the memory on the phone, and that you have to do all your data transfers to Zune.

You also cannot at this point download your own ringtone. You have to use the ones that come on the phone. I also haven't found a way to change my background, but you can change the wallpaper that shows up when your phone comes out of sleep.

Overall, I'm just not ecstatic about this phone. I just checked on Amazon Wireless' return policy, and you can't return a phone that has been used. With how good Amazon's return policy normally is, I'm shocked that I'm stuck with this phone for two years unless I want to pay a ton to replace it. I would have rather spent the extra money at the store and been able to change my mind.
on June 27, 2012
I have had this phone since 03/20/2011. This is a great phone and I also have an Iphone4s with Sprint but continue to gravitate to the Windows Phone OS. I have the Zune Pass and its great to have practically any song I want. Bing search is great with the music search "Shazam like" capability built into the Bing search engine, being able to pin just about anything to the start screen is nice. Over a year later, this phone remains as one of the best phones on Sprint. Looking over the Sprint Website, this is the highest rated phone with the exception to the newly released HTC EVO LTE. Quite an acomplishment given all the androids and latest iPhones to compete with. Too bad sales never translated since no reps pushed this phone.
on September 14, 2011
Windows phone 7 completely blew me away. It is fresh, new, fast, and exciting!
The interface is smooth and has tiles which update, and animate to let me know if I have any emails or messages.

The facebook integration is amazing. I touch a contact, I slide over, I see all their status updates.

I can hold my camera button while my screen is locked and it automatically goes to camera mode. Plus every picture I take is automatically backed up to a 25 gb cloud called skydrive which I can access from any computer with internet! No other phone does that.

The web browser is smokin' fast! I put it next to my manager's dual core processor android, and beat him loading a web page. Hands down.

There is also an update coming out soon called mango. Mango brings over 500 new features, including multitasking, audible text messages, and visual voicemail! This phone will be able to read your text messages out loud! I know I'm going to use that while I'm driving!

Simply put: Windows phone 7 is beyond what any other phone can do. It is unique and fast. It's app market is growing exponentially. It's got so many cool features that will blow you away! It's SO easy to use too! This phone is AMAZING. I absolutely LOVE it.
on April 28, 2013
This was the one and only Windows Phone 7 cellphone Sprint had ever released. 100% better than Windows 6.x. Best cell phone I have ever had. I wish Sprint had an updated Windows operating system like Windows 8 or even 7.8
on December 22, 2011
I've worked for an electronics company for 11 years and I've had almost every type of phone/smart phone. This is easily the best thus far.

Android phones are far too fragmented and you never know if the phone you buy will be eligible for the next version. The manufacturer or the carrier could just decide to stop supporting it, even if its only 6 months old. If you root an Android, to put your own OS on, chances are it will work spotty at BEST (or not at all at worst). Then you have a very fancy brick.

iPhones are WAY too restrictive, expensive, and have a terrible time with the most basic tasks - making phone calls. They cost a LOT for what you're actually getting. They are not good with people that need to stay productive and they charge for everything. Even updates that make their equipment better, which should be free.

Windows Phone 7 all of the things that the others aren't. Live tiles are amazing, games (with Xbox) are better, support and updates are free, and they help to keep you productive with out the need for third party apps. They have it all cooked in, natively.

The HTC Arrive is a great piece of hardware, too. Slide out/tilting keyboard is a godsend. Its fast, smooth, and hardy. It's the right size - not a small tablet, but easy to read. Camera works great with a dedicated button. Believe this - it makes CALLS. I know, it's hard to believe, but it makes calls where my Android or iPhone couldn't.

Only drawbacks - no front-facing camera for Tango or Skype calls and it's not 4G speed (however, I don't really consider the 4G a drawback).

If you want an amazing experience, buy this phone!
on December 23, 2011
I have had my HTC Arrive for about 10 months now. This is the first consumer electronics product that I have owned that I enjoy using every single day.

The Plan:
The Sprint plan has been exceptional with excellent connectivity in my area. I feel like the cost of the plan is reasonable. I have been a long-time sprint customer, and their service and customer service have always been great, including refunding a $200 overage charge from my mistake.

The Hardware:
The HTC hardware is exceptional. I have dropped my phone several times (as in "yard-sale" with the battery, battery cover and phone scattering over the floor), and it even went for a full cycle in the washing machine. I let it dry for 24 hours, and it survived without an issue. I'm fine with the on-screen keyboard, but I still like the slide-out keyboard option that comes with this phone for long emails.

The OS:
I like everything about the phone, but my favorite part has to be the Windows 7 operating system. It's incredibly smooth, fast and intuitive. I love the xbox game integration, and so does my 4 year old son. The phone is so intuitive, there was almost no learning curve. I would recommend this phone for any level of experience. My son has figured out basic navigation to get to the games. It's simple enough that I'd recommend it to my parents. And I'm a software engineer, and it meets my needs.

The Bottom Line:
I wish the phone had Skype and Pandora, but I assume that will be fixed within the next six months.
Regardless, this is an exceptional phone with great OS and great hardware on a great carrier.

Final note, if you don't choose to buy this exact phone, do try a Windows Phone. I really think you'll love the OS!
on January 13, 2012
the htc arrive is a great first wp7 gen phone. fast, easy to use, great slide out keyboard. and wp7 is a joy to use.
on September 4, 2011
I'm very happy with the Sprint Arrive; it is also known as the HTC 7 Pro.

It's lightening fast no matter how many apps you download and install; I can find no 'true' functional problems at all. The battery life is awesome. I've had this phone for about 2 months and have still not explored all the cool things it can do. This is because it does the simple, expected things so elegantly. Make a call, send a text, browse the web, take a photo; they are are right there and intuitive to use.

As with every device not matter what the platform or carrier, it has some quirks simply "not spoken of" until the user him/herself has to figure them out.

MOST IMPORTANT - If you are ALREADY A SPRINT CUSTOMER and this phone is an "UPGRADE" PHONE on your long time account, NOTE WELL: Once you get the telephone and text features to work (usually with the help of a Sprint Rep), IF you are not getting data/internet/sprint vision service, your phone may be creating a new "invalid" [...] e-mail address to access data/internet/sprint vision - this happened to me. (Ugh! After 6 Sprint Reps, I had to figure it out!) Ask a Sprint Rep to help you make sure this new Arrive has the correct ("your old and original")[...] e-mail address for your account stored in it's set-up. To find "your old and original" [...] e-mail address, use your computer to log-in to [...]. Then: go to my preferences, things I can manage on-line, change e-mail server password. Don't make any changes. Do notice: "Your SMTP username: [...]" <---This e-mail address should be in your Arrive's SET-UP, not the e-mail address that it "makes up" spontaneously. Once this is correct in your phone that already has voice and text service, you should now get data service.

Other small tips - hope they help!:

If an "app" won't install WHEN it says an update is available (or says license error), it is probably a "trial app." Uninstall the app, and then download and install the new version of the app.

Photos blurry? Press the shutter button half-way until it beeps (takes an extra second to get a focus), THEN press all the way down.

You can't sync directly to desktop Outlook contacts and MS Office files on your computer anymore. You have to use Window Live (Hotmail) Sky Drive functions for this now. (Outlook for Exchange will sync directly over the internet.) To put media (music and video) from your computer directly onto the phone, you must use Zune; or you can also use the Windows Live Sky Drive. It takes a little getting used to Windows Live and Zune, but they work fine.
on November 28, 2011
You will never be disapointed about this phone. It mutitasks and syncs with your office products. I really enjoy have the zune player built right in. I pay $10 a month for unlimited music downloads. That's right unlimited. If you have a pc as well you can automaticly sync your downloaded songs to that computer. Free 25GB of storage with your free windows live account; along with 16GB on your phone, you will never run out of memory. Here are some other things that are easy to find on your windows phone.

~upgradable to Mango(7.5) you must upgrade to receive a ton of new features.
~netflix app (does work off of sprint's 3G network)
~great speed of moving from app to app. just press and hold the back button.
~song recignition built right in from search button; then you can download it also.
~take a picture and you can automaticly sync it with your skydrive (free 25GB storage)
~great for viewing and editing your office products (i.e. word, excell...)
~apps that you would want, not apps you don't need.
~will probably work seamlessly with windows 8 next year.

thanks for reading...
on December 23, 2011
I love this phone... this one has to be said!

I had a Blackberry for 2 years and was always one of a message-guy...After my blackberry I was so used to the keyboard, that I could not imagine to have a phone without one... After a lot of searching on the internet and not knowing which phone would be my next (my blackberry was really "used" and it was a matter of time before it would stop working...), I found the Arrive in a local o2-Store. I really liked the keyboard, but couldn't imagine to use a Windows Phone... So after a while of thinking about it, i bought it...The price was the biggest pro-point for me... So I had a Windows Phone and just hated it...yes, its true...i hated it... But after a few days I realised how much fun WP7 can be and started to like the operating system... Days passed and started to love it...

So now more than 4 months passed and I love this phone more and more!

The keyboard is awesome and the sliding mechanism is still working like on the first day!

I really do love this phone and the WP7 way of working. I use it for almost everything (Calendar, SMS/Messages, Internet-surfing, chatting on Facebook, Facebook, listening to a LOT of music and so on...)

Would never think that I would ever say this, but Windows Phone rocks! :)

Greets