Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Where the Hell Am I? Trips I Have Survived
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on March 5, 2011
If you've followed Ken's blog at ByKenLevine.com, you get a terrific dose of his myriad identities - Emmy-winning writer, MLB announcer, disk jockey, mentor, author, award show kvetcher...

Okay, the guy really needs to focus, even though he's done all those with success and perfection.

Thankfully, the one thing he hasn't attained is the perfect trip. It doesn't matter where he's been. Stuff just finds him. He's a force of nature. Of course these are all unavoidable when you factor in baseball road trips, countless Hawaii excursions, countlesser (is that a word?) anti-paradises (is that another word?), and a family that's even more of a collective smartass than he could ever be. That's saying something.

If you want to see Disneyland, Cleveland, Las Vegas and Park City, Utah through the senses of someone who can find the comedy in just about anything, read this. Then try to take your next trip without a cynical view or a stiff drink.
on March 14, 2011
Ken Levine has hit the ball out of the park with this collection of travel adventures.

Filled with glorious one-liners, humorous anecdotes of celebrity, sportsperson and his personal misadventures, as well as a collection of baseball-related humour, this book takes us on a whistle-stop tour of the United States.

Apart from LA and Seattle, I've never visited any of the cities he writes about.... some of them I now want to go to: "Mandalay Bay has its own beach. Unfortunately the ocean was turned off. No waves" (Las Vegas), and some of them I no longer long to visit: "Not wanting my first major stroke to be in a place where the paramedics all wear Peter Pan costumes, I passed on both [rides]" (California Adventure).

If you like baseball, you'll get some funny moments from behind the scenes. If you hate baseball, you'll laugh at the scenes caused by the funny moments. I'd say the book is only about 5% baseball, and the remaining 95% farcical. There's more stories of humorous meals than home runs.

Buy this book. It will make your bus ride to work that little bit more fun.
on March 16, 2011
"After reading Ken's travelogues, you might think he is the illegitimate son of James Michener and Dan Jenkins. Ken's unique perspective sheds light on what we all think, but can't quite put into words. The sights, the smells, the sounds, the sarcasm are all here! So, buckle up...it's going to be hilarious ride!"

Kevin Gershan
Producer/Director
Entertainment Tonight
on April 2, 2012
Well worth the price. Ken Levine is a true "behind the scenes" funny man. If you are familiar with his work, read his blog, etc., then you'll love this book. If you aren't familiar with him, you probably just won't get it. But he is truly funny.
on February 23, 2013
I saw Ken Levine on the Colbert Show several months ago. He made me laugh so I took a chance on both his books. The other is the one that he was actually promoting, The Me Generation (I think it's called - I'll edit it when I'm not so lazy to go look). If you're a boomer, especially an early one, you'll definitely identify with it.
This one is a quick read and I smiled the whole way through and have recommended it to others. I hope he write's some more soon as I would definitely buy it (or them).
on September 30, 2012
This book had me laughing from beginning to end. An extremely easy-to-read filled with hilarious vignettes by the author-traveller. We can all relate to silly/frustrating/humorous situations whilst travelling and this reminds us, in a funny way, that we are not the only ones to experience such things.
on August 1, 2011
I'm not quite finished reading yet, but couldn't wait to hop in and post my review - I'm that crazy about this little book!

Mr. Levine's chapters are collections of little observations about the various places he's visited, a format some might take issue with (since they're not *quite* essays), but I found this breezy, stream-of-consciousness style just perfect for filling a few minutes of reading time here and there. I've continually found myself chuckling, giggling, and outright cackling, all along the way.

I have to say, I'm not sure I'd recommend this for reading while on a plane or train - your seatmates might wonder why you keep guffawing and waking them up!

Well done, Mr. Levine!
on October 17, 2013
Boring, poorly written, and just an all-around waste of time. Each chapter sounds like an email a relative would send the whole family after taking a vacation. I don't read this stuff if it's from my own family. Why do I wanna read this guy's?
on April 29, 2012
Ken Levine is a man who wears many hats. Writer and producer of some of television's most memorable sitcoms and now, passionate sportscaster and commentator on baseball-his other true passion in life. This compilation of blogs from his extensive travels will have you laughing at the quirks and foibles of human nature as Ken's observations elevate the mundane to the divine. You will really enjoy seeing the world throgh Levine's eyes. Highly recommended.
on March 12, 2011
I laughed from the minute I picked up this download. Some day I fully intend to read it.

No, actually I did read it. Tremendous fun. Ken Levine has a great eye and ear for the absurd -- which is fortunate because odd-ball things keep happening in his vicinity. My favorite tale was of a seven-year-old Mets fan celebrating his birthday at Shea Stadium. Won't spoil it for you -- but it is worth the price of admission -- which, quite fortunately was only $2.99.

I am looking forward to more tales of the absurd -- and since Ken will be doing some play-by-play for the Seattle Mariners this season they shouldn't be hard to find.