Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

• X2011

Format: MP3 MusicChange

on September 28, 2011
As usual, the producers of this CD have incorporated some catchy songs from 3-4 lesser-known artists amongst the 16 or so titles on the album. I bought it for the FM Static title song "My Brain Says Stop, but My Heart Says Go", a recent favorite, but found several nice surprises on the album, particularly new songs by Demon Hunter and House of Heroes. While my preference is Alternative Christian Rock, there are also a few Contemporary Christian songs on this one, such as Hero by Abandon (although I suspect they'd be considered an alternative band). All in all, a good mix and well worth the price for someone interested in variety beyond the typical stuff played on local Christian Radio, or as a gift for someone who stereotypes Christian Music as being only "gospel", "worship" or "easy listening" style, and for that reason may not show an interest.
on October 18, 2014
I ordered the X2010, X2011, and X2012 CDs from Amazon in April 2014 to complete a collection I had: the X series of yearly "Christian Rock Hits." I had the CDs for years 2003-09, the X Christmas CD, and the two X Worship CDs, so I ordered the 2010-12 CDs. According to Wikipedia, the series ended with 2012, so these three CDs completed my set. And they are all great! The music is Christian hard rock, just perfect for my powerlifting workouts in my home gym. And the CDs are longer than most, lasting about an hour, so I don't have to change music in the middle of my workout. With working out alone, it can sometimes be hard to get psyched up, but cranking up these CDs has enabled me to put in many hard workouts. And it so much nicer getting psyched to music that glorifies my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, rather than secular music that can be degrading.
on August 20, 2011
Wonderful CD. I love listening to music from artists I haven't heard of yet along with some of my favorites. I find a new favorite band every year.

I do have to say though that they picked some incredibly non rock songs for this album. Although I liked most of the songs, I can't figure out why on a "rock" collection there are such slow songs from rock bands. There were so many other choices from the same bands, I can't figure that one out. TFK for instance would have had lots of actual rock songs to pick from, but they put Forward Motion on instead. Go figure. I still liked the album, but it's more like WOW and not so much like the X that I have come to know and love.

Kudos on the Letter Black though, great choice there.
on May 23, 2011
This is the fourth X collection I have bought. I really love these CDs... Its a really good collection of some of the best Christian rock music. It has many different types of Christian rock songs, some harder and softer, by many unique groups, and usually one rap song.

Sure... I could just download individual songs that I wanted, but I like these collections because it exposes me to new songs I wouldn't normally hear. The Letter Black, Hotel Aquarium, Fireflight, and Red are groups that I discovered I loved because of a song on an X album.

Overall, its a really nice collections. I wouldn't say its the best X album (its hard to beat X-2009 with the 2-disc/DVD set), but its worth the money. I hope they keep making them!
on November 1, 2011
WOW! This is by far the best X album in years. I love every song on this album. Great mix. I think I have listen to every song 15 times in the last few weeks. Best one since X 2004.
on September 5, 2011
For all christian rockers out there, this is the cd to get. Abandon, Demon Hunter, Switchfoot, Sent By Ravens and other good christian rock band music - BUY IT!!!
on August 15, 2013
This album is wonderful and I enjoy playing it when other are around. We all sing the songs!!!
I look forward to buying each artists almbn as well.
on January 2, 2012
Such an awesome variety of singers. You will definitely love this cd. It is very upbeat and happy. I love listening to it when you do house work. lol
on May 4, 2013
i love the product. i got it with no problem and have been enjoying it ever since then. good stuff.
on June 20, 2015
i really like the X christian rock series. ill be getting them all.