Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 11, 2011
Having completely destroyed over a dozen leather belts over the years, finally decided to try a web alternative, and now I feel a little stupid for waiting so long. This belt will very likely outlive you. Add it to the list of items in your will, leave it to someone who will use it every day and it will probably outlive them too. It is tough. It is substantial. There is no 'foolin around' with this belt - your pants (and your holster) are STAYING on your hip - period. God forbid you get it caught on a train or something, because you will tear in half before the belt does.

Yes - it's a little on the big and heavy side. Yes - it's too wide to wear with dress slacks. Yes - it takes a day or so to break it in and get it flexible enough to adjust easily. Yes - it's obviously a weapons-grade piece of gear - not much stealth to it. And Yes - you will have to remove it for TSA - the steel is hard and thick.

Great with jeans, BDUs, operator gear and even most duty quality 'docker' type pants (5.11, etc.). Unusable with dress slacks in any fashion, so detectives look elsewhere, but beats the tar out of a doubled duty belt, and carries twice as much more comfortably. No more holster flopping over letting your weapon hit the deck or toilet when nature calls. No more trying to yank up your drawers after a sprint (ever wonder why most belts seem to slip DOWN so easily, but are so darn hard to pull back UP?). No more getting pinched because one hole was just a tad loose and the next was just a tad too tight. No more broken buckle arm during a tumble or scuffle - it's NOT going to happen. IWB, OWB - whatever; your weapon is STAYING with you.

If, every waking hour of every day, you need to carry a weapon or gear, don't have to wear dress slacks, and care more about durability and getting the job done than 'fashion', this will be the last belt you ever buy. I personally think it looks fine (my wife dissents), and when I think about how well it does it's job, it gets as pretty and sexy as a plain but 'healthy' girl at closing time. If you regularly read GQ or shop at Barney's this probably isn't your belt - for the rest of us - it is absolutely, simply perfect for what it does.

Just sayin.

Would I trust my life to a belt? Not until recently, but now, no problem - as long as it was this belt. No surprises, no excuses, no "ifs ands or buts" - that's my kind of gear.
44 comments|199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2011
I've always wanted it... Ever since I saw people wearing this, instead of the $3 sand riggers belt sold at military clothing. It was more than I could handle at first. It's SOLID and fairly weighty for a belt, but it will get the job done. Even odd jobs; I'm sure you could secure this to a vehicle and tow it. Possibly. Drop leg holsters hang effortlessly from it. If we ever crashed, and csar came for us, this and a last ditch bungee strap would definitely make sure I didn't fall out of the helicopter. Belt sizes are a little finicky. Overall an amazing belt, that will probably outlast you.

Pros:
Extreme tensile strength
Parachute grade buckles that you can feel the strength of
Velcro (who doesn't LOVE velcro ? Seriously... If you don't, you'll hate military uniforms and militaria)

Cons:
Velcro adds some noise to taking this thing off. Hampers the covert take off ability of this batman accessory

Bottom line:
If you like shooting, get it. If you're getting deployed, get it. If you want to prove me wrong on this review, don't get it. You will fail
77 comments|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2015
I'm 5'9", 190 lbs (not fat and not skinny) and I usually wear a 38" belt. A 38" belt is about an inch or two too long but a 36" belt is usually too short. A 37" belt would be perfect for me but that's not a size I can find. This Blackhawk belt fits me perfect with about 6-7" of extra length to fold over without synching it too tight. I would say this medium belt would be good for anyone that wears a 40" belt or smaller. If your belt is over 40" then you may have little to no extra belt to fold over and Velcro together. I'm posting a few photos so you can see the size of my regular 38" belt compared to the medium Blackhawk Riggers Belt. As you can see the Blackhawk belt is slightly longer than my 38" leather belt. I hope this helps you in making your decision on a size.
review image review image review image
11 comment|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2011
Belt seems to be of good quality, although the small says it goes to size 34, I would go to the next size up if you are 32 or larger.
77 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2016
I'm not sure if Blackhawk has sacrificed quality for cheaper manufacturing or if I received a knock off but this belt is nothing compared to my last Blackhawk CQB Riggers belt. There is a drastic difference in the metal used and the stitching is far less than my original. Item will be returned and I will be searching for a better replacement.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 23, 2012
Great belt but I wear a 36 - 38 and ordered a large. The Velcro barely catches I should have ordered a medium....
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2014
I bought this belt for evaluation purposes. Here are my findings:
The overall visual quality appears to be very good.
No loose threads, proper lock stitching, etc.

This belt would be suitable for COSTUME and UTILITY use for normal civilian wear, but should be marked, " NOT FOR RESCUE, CLIMBING, LAW ENFORCEMENT, OR MILITARY USE! DOES NOT MEET MILITARY STANDARDS!"

HOWEVER, IT DOES NOT MEET MILITARY STANDARDS!!!!!

Item is labeled "MADE IN USA" on tag and, "M USA," on size tag. It is not marked, "Assembled In USA from Foreign Materials."
The webbing, hook and loop material, tags and thread is of unknown origin.
THE BUCKLES ARE MADE IN SOUTH KOREA

BUCKLES: FOREIGN MADE, NOT TO MIL STD or PIAA STD! The buckles are each marked with a "PS" code, which stands for "Parachute Standard." That means that they are required to meet PIAA standards, which were derived from, "MS" military standards. These buckles are required to be made of 4340 steel, tempered to RC 38-42. Buckles were submitted for testing at local, DOD approved heat treatment shop.
Adjuster buckle: Marked, "PS22040-2DF0412" Manufactured by Daesung Forge, South Korea. Material: Forged, unidentified carbon steel. (4340 required). RC3 where RC 38-42 required. FAILS STANDARDS!
V buckle: Marked, "PS22020-2DF 0512" Manufactured by Daesung Forge, South Korea. Material: Forged, unidentified carbon steel. (4340 required). RC5 where RC 38-42 required. FAILS STANDARDS!
99 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2016
I am a female and my waist runs 28"-30". In a uniform trouser I always order a 30" waist(I like a little room). I listened to the reviews that said this belt runs small and to order a size up. So, instead of ordering the SMALL, I ordered the MEDIUM. It was WAY too big. The tail end wrapped around the entire side of my body. I made arrangements with the seller, Reliable Value, and mailed/exchanged my belt for a size SMALL. I mailed the belt out on a Tuesday and received the new belt the following Monday. NOTE-to exchange the belt you need the tag that is on it, the original packaging, and it needs to be in brand new condition. Yes, you have to pay for the return shipping, but, they will pay to ship the new belt to you. I did measure the MEDIUM belt. The material is 45" long from buckle to tail end.
About the belt: the SMALL belt is a PERFECT fit. I am an instructor and needed a professional functioning and looking belt to wear with my uniform, 5.11 Tactical(khaki) pants and black polo shirt. This belt fits the bill. It looks really sharp and completes the uniform. The belt material is thick and sturdy, and the velcro holds well. I measured the SMALL belt. The material is 38" long from the buckle to tail end. The width, 1 3/4" fits my tactical pants but I'm not sure if it would fit all pant loops. This is a great belt for professionals.
I hope all this information helps those trying to decide what size to order.
on May 11, 2015
NOT SURE HOW SAFE THESE ARE

I climb with a harness for work every day and after inspecting the buckle on this item I do not feel confident trusting my life or somebody else's life to this thing. I realize it's meant as a last resort but I'd much rather tie a bowline and climb on that. The flaw is the buckle; only 2-3 mm worth of metal overlap is what you'd be trusting with your life.

Climbing gear is usually so overbuilt that this kinda scares me. All it would take would be a very minor bend or crack and you'd be toast. Which I guess you could say about almost any piece of gear but this one scares me big time.

To top it off it runs about 2 inches small. I was kinda on the edge for size and after measuring and re-measuring I ordered a size too small. The vendor wanted $15 to restock it so I'm going to give it to a friend who I know will never use it for anything more than holding their pants up.
on January 22, 2016
After over a year of use, I'm ordering the 1.5" version of the same belt. I've carried IWB and OWB, light/small guns to full size 1911s...my fav belt yet.
The only negative, the buckle can be bothersome sitting with the buckle in the normal position. I remedy this by moving the buckle to the 10-11 position. It also helps keep the extra belt length from interfering with carrying in the 3 o'clock position. You always have the option of flipping the belt and velcroing towards your left hip.